Fast cure?

mystic_roots

So I chopped my final plant last week and hung them in the tent to dry, only problem being I think they’ve cured too fast with all this heat we’ve had. 

I’ve got frozen bottles of water in the tent to try and keep the temps down but the outside of the buds are kinda crunchy. Would it be best to jar them and burp them everyday for an hour, shift them around and use a boveda pack to try and maintain a balance or should I let them dry out further? 

• Like 1

You mean dried as curing can take months when stored in jars. 

You've done well if its just the outer thats crispy considering this weather. 

I cut mine on Thursday and I'm finding the tops of my colas are crispy. I even took one out and trimmed it for smoking later this evening lol

Thats what you may want to try, see how a bud grinds and smokes 

Can i assume its fast dried and now crispy with little to no taste or a harshness ?     Asking , not being a smart ass :) 

As for curing ,  my own take on that would be a lengthy period jarred with a strict burping regime.      

Is it fully dried to the core ?        A smoke test will be the only way to see how it is :yep: 

All the best with it and keep us posted please.   

• Like 1

Yeah dried not cured lol 

I haven’t tried one but I’ll see how it grinds, my CDLC Chem is a bit sticky when I grind it but it’s not too bad, I just can’t resist! 

I’ll be grinding up one that I trimmed and stuck it in a jar with a humidity gauge to see if they are bone dry to the core! This weathers been a killer 

• Like 2

All the best with it & good luck with the smoke test :yep:     

I'm curious as to how you get on as i  got a few broken limbs  from the light dep run open air drying on the nets indoors and they have been drying faster than i would normally dry at ,  not majorly but been hard to control.    

Time will tell mate

Yeah the ones I trimmed and popped in a jar give a humidity of 52%, although they were a little sticky when grinding, so I'll give them a few more days and probably jar the lot wednesday/thursday then burping them every day for an hour or so. Just heating up the vape :bong:

In this weather. I'd go slightly dry (2 days) then into a Sports Direct paper bag. Open it every day and turn 'em round. Do this for a week then consider a trim and glass jars for 4weeks+. With the occaisional Burp!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

then into a Sports Direct paper bag.

when is the time to put drying bud into a paper bag?

Ive heard about the paper bag thing but I dont know anything about it

I dry my pants whole on a line, time varies, but its always been too warm & dry - they have the crispy outers after 6-7 days, then I put into jars to cure

[ive got portable ac for the drying process of my next run, so I should be able to slow it down]

about the paper bags - what would be the manoeuvres under decent drying conditions?

mystic

• Like 1

Well I chopped my Thursday morning and it's been shit these last 3 days into day 4 and humidity through the roof at 65% fuck knows where temps of 24c come from.when outside is only 20c and ive had windows open! 

Got pissed off this morning and thought I'd go in and cherry pick a dryer branch of dozens and pleased to say despite drying over 72hr and no nutrients for nearly 2wk in coco it smoked nice and im off my fecking tits lol

I might just start trimming tomorrow as I've little spongy feeling on the buds rather than wait fir stalks to snap as buds will be far to dried out. 

How did your smoke test go?

@mysticriver id bag them now mate.. they may soften up a bit with the moisture that's still left inside them.. crispy on the outside with bendy stems that don't snap you should be ok.. it may be a lil harsh to smoke due to the fast dry but a longer cure will prob fix that to a point.. 

Be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 2

Just now, Revive said:

bag them now mate

ive nothing to bag at the mo, just started a new grow

is that when u bag then - crispy outside bendy stem (if its too hot)

mystic

• Like 1

Just now, mysticriver said:

ive nothing to bag at the mo, just started a new grow

is that when u bag then - crispy outside bendy stem (if its too hot)

mystic

Shit sorry buddy I was ment to tag @mystic_rootslol

I was more talking for his situation atm

I dont always use bags.. as an outdoor grower temps are not really an issue by the time most of the girls are ready.. I tend to use bags to free up space when its not quite dry enough and I need to hang more..

Sorry for the confusion it was the mystic and mystic lollol

• Like 1

Bag when there crispy so the moisture inside the buds can re-moisture the crispy bits , then it s a case of letting them dry out and doing the same all over again. You can dry them in the burping method just toss them around abit each day.

• Like 2

I took down starting Monday finished Thursday temps have been a total fookin ball ache humidity hasn’t overly been a problem funnily enough. I’ve just gone to the brown paper bag stage off the ones harvested Monday you don’t wanna be jarring it yet till it’s dry middle bud stem snap your end up opening them and releasing the horrible hay smell lol my mates always rush to jar and ends up smelling shit so many folk slip up on the final furlong take it slowly and keep a eye it takes so long to grow good weed but such a short time to fook it.

• Like 2