Dinosaur

Hashslag

@toki Mad thinking back now mate but you’re 100% right. The ragtime piano style music and the graphics made it really immersive. 

Ha ha the music was perfectly suited for the increase in tempo when the timer started to get low - a musical interpretation of anxiety lol 

Yeah Mario 64 was a absolutely mind blowing step up in graphics. I did really enjoy it, but found the camera control so annoying. Those bowser levels where you have to make a straight jump, but the screen is away out and off to an angle - aaaah! I’m sure I remember shouting at it lol saying something along the lines of “this should be fucking 2D!!”

Don’t know if you’ve seen the Mario 64 PC port mate, if not check it out it’s absolutely incredible. Can mod it with 4K textures - looks like a brand new game all these years later.

Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2 and Zelda A link to the Past were another few favourites on the SNES.

Donkey Kong Country had a brilliant soundtrack, really atmospheric. On this level you were afraid of dying and ruining the progression of the track lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

I thought it was Up up down down left right left right B A start. 

Is that not a fatality on mortal kombat? :g:lol

• Like 2

@Smokey McBongface  Many a time with mario 64 did those jumps get me due to the camera angle ; I seem to remeber the ghost house star being a right bastard to get.

Overall mario 64 was a corker with great music, graphics and playability. 100%

Oh yes ,updated 4k texture versions of mario 64 are very impressive. Have you seen the fully optimised version which runs at 60fps. shame the code ( written in c I believe) wasn't optimised by nintendo at the time .....

Zelda is another super famicom classic  with it's beautiful graphics and style with even more impressive atmospheric music. just awesome :)

I don't think I played donkey kong country as I'd jumped ship to collect arcade PCB's by then.

toki

• Like 2

@tokilol was really evil AF in some places, all the most difficult levels used the camera angle against you. Was so frustrating, really easy to make a mistake.

I have the PC port here mate, has the textures and the 60fps mod. it looks amazing but I really want one of the N64 switch controllers to play it properly. Last time I looked they were out of stock everywhere :( 

See the Ocarina of Time for the N64 is the same, can now play 4K 60fps. lol Nintendo must be pissed.. would appear they can do nothing about it, as you said is completely rewritten from the original code so it is essentially a different game. 

I certainly went through a good few nintendo 64 pads.. I blame golden eye combined with smoking sessions with me mates till the early hours

" It's already 3 AM guys"

" put kettle on , skin up , just one more go "

toki

Edited by toki
  • Like 2

There was a wcw wrestling game which would keep me and my mates up all night, along with goldeneye and mariokart. I was terrible at goldeneye though. I don't think anyone could have beat me at wrestling mind :flex:

• Like 1

@KC I really enjoyed the arcade wrestling games WWF superstars, was my fave, such good fun and easy to play . I could never beat andre the giant / ted dibiase at the end though.

I stupidly sold that arcade PCB and kept WWF wrestlefest PCB which is the sequel. Not as good but a lot of fun too.

toki

Edited by toki
grammar
  • Like 2

Royal rumble on the snes was sick too.  I'd completed it before I officially owned it.  I found it in my moms draw,  it was Xmas present but I skived off school to play it. 

No wonder I got a shit job now lol

• Like 2

WCW vs NWO ;)lol remember battering Ric Flair to within an inch of his life then the fucker would get back up, knock you over and pin you for 3 lol 

Goldeneye between mates - “Right no cunts to choose Odd Job lol he’s banned from now on”

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...