• 4 weeks later...

Surely Super Mario World on the SNES isn’t too new for some folks here? lol 

Best platform game ever IMO. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Smokey McBongface said:

Classic that.

i remember opening my snes for n Christmas and having super mario all stars, and mario world aged then to death. No online no micro transactions just pure fun. 

• Like 2

@Cakeyblol 

Same as yourself mate got mine for Xmas with Street Fighter 2. Obsessed over Mario World for years lol finding all the secret exits, could enjoyably play every level over and over without it feeling forced. Was always hilarious watching folks new to the game trying to play!

• Like 2

@Smokey McBongface 

aye endless fun almost, when I tell my kids I used to have to wait until next birthday/Xmas for a new game they give me a look of horror. Spoiled these days the wee bastards.

still remember swapping games at school got a loan of mario 3 on the nes and my brother and I completed the first world and thought the game was over, little did we know you just loaded into world 2 after. Mind blown right there 

• Like 2

On 14/08/2022 at 5:33 PM, Smokey McBongface said:

First game i had for the super famicom ( snes) was chomping at the bit to get it, as i had read a lot of reviews/ previews via c+vg and mean machines.

Just loved it , especially finding all the secret stages / worlds to complete all 96 levels . marvelous.

toki

• Like 2

On 14/08/2022 at 6:24 PM, Cakeyb said:

No online no micro transactions just pure fun. 

Sums up why I just can't be bothered with modern games consoles.

Play there and then . revolutionary.

toki

Meanwhile in DCS... Not really a game as such but I'm a dinosaur too who can't stand console games but who likes ridiculously complex flight sims...

@toki Yeah there was something about SMW that just felt right, like a real adventure I suppose finding all the secret exits. Don’t know if you remember the Action Replay cheat cartridge, but I remember getting that just in case I had missed 4 levels lol thought if there’s 96 then there must be 100..

The SNES had loads of great games but SMW was always the one I went back to. Such a great game :) 

• Like 1

@DeltaMelter lol I’d like to say yes, but thrown in at the deep end I’ve got no idea what I’m doing. It’s usually a case of pressing every instrument button to see what it does followed by ‘oh fuck!’ 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Smokey McBongface said:

The SNES had loads of great games but SMW was always the one I went back to. Such a great game :) 

100% @Smokey McBongface.

The style and music of it creates a very suitable atmosphere too

Maybe mario 64 for a very close second with regards to platforming on old consoles though it is a step up generationally. mind was blown when I first saw that too..

Ahh yes the old action replay cartridges. I remember them as far back as the commadore 64 but never had one you gaming scoundrel! lol The only cheats I used were the ones built into the games ,I suppose , which got you options screens so you could add more lives / continues and listen to the fab chip tunes for each level.

there was the infamous Konami code for their gradius/ nemesis series ( entered on the joypad) which I still remember to this day ; start, up, up , down, down , left, right, left , right , 1 and 2( or was it 2 then 1 lol) then press start. you were granted a full complement of power ups to blast the shit out of everything :)

ahh the good old days..

toki

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, toki said:

I still remember to this day ; start, up, up , down, down , left, right, left , right , 1 and 2( or was it 2 then 1 lol) then press start.

I thought it was Up up down down left right left right B A start. 

• Like 2

Just now, Saddam said:

I thought it was Up up down down left right left right B A start. 

Yes if you are using a super famicom :)

this is for the PC Engine ( it has buttons 1 and 2 rather than A and B )

toki

• Like 1