Hashish ,Charas, Pollen

Skunkman.uk

10 hours ago, Skunkman.uk said:

Midnight,   I love the insencse/smell of hash way more than any bud,

The smell and taste of the proper Afghan/Indian hashish, and proper Morrocan hash ect is amazing. 

The coffee shops outside of the tourist areas 

They have to sell quality product because the locals bring it back if it's not right. 

And they still sell the Traditional Morrocan Hash's (blonde/dark)made with traditional plants,if you go looking were the locals go.

The new hash's made with European Genetics  are way too sticky 

and difficult to skin up with and hasn't got that traditional smell. 

Back in the day Grasshopper Coffee shop where the menu was behind dark glass and you had to press a big button to see the menu.

Grasshopper coffee shop had a unique Turkish hashish that I have never Smoked anywhere else,the smell the taste was better than any morrocan Indian hashish that I've smoked .

Yes. I remeber the grasshoper it was the second coffeeshop I ever visited wayyy back in '98 . The illuminating menu was very nice for a noob like me back then. That turkish hash is ringing bells but I never tried any. I wish I had though.

My first visit to a coffeeshop was to one called ' El Guapo ' not that far from 420 Cafe( De Kuil) , which is not that far from the Damrak.

I bought some 'Ketama gold' there , it was a lovely happy smoke and very clean. A friend of mine bought some afghani and it knocked me sideways :magic:

The traditional hashes are for me the best :)

Edited by toki

hashes2.jpg

Left = Terrible cheap crap. awful taste bugger all effect. nasty.

Middle = Probably like the left one made with water based bonding agents ( tested in boiled water and it just fell apart and turned the water brown)

when opening the egg it was just what I would call wet n slimey not the oily ,tacky  stickyness you'd expect. Vile .

Right = Correct sticky , tackyness about it. shiny exterior , bubbles when lit. ' Shimmery' in the light , lovely smell and effect like a good afghan. Wonderful.

The same test was done on these black eggs - the water stayed clear and the hash just became very soft with the heat. :magic:

• Like 8

I've been smoking hash for the best part of 10 years almost exclusively (easily available from a good contact and the weed was shite around here) before Covid it was always some unknown (to me) label but high quality Morrocan but now I'm seeing 'gelato' 'gorilla glue' 'el chapo'.. my dude was telling me about the government's clamp down too so it's made it more difficult for the farmers there (this may be complete wish wash, so I don't mind being corrected) so I don't even know if it's actually coming from there or Spain these days. 

Lovely good quality hash though still. 

• Like 2

I think the main geezer in Morocco, the King maybe, has ordered a clampdown on the export of the hash, maybe wrong, but I'm sure i read in the news section that Morocco want to make it available for medicinal purposes but not recreational.. Someone else may no more about that situation.. 

Would absolutely love some of that nice Moroccan. I've had caramello from someone in Sheffield about 20 years ago now and i loved it, very moreish.. 

I opened a tin last night that I had been carting around with me, looking for a bit of hash and I found some five year old charas.

So I went down the road purchased some B&H and rolled a king size fatty, the first couple of drags were horrible, then I hit a bit of the had rubbed charas, ah the taste, the memories.

I enjoyed that doobie.

• Like 3

Moroccan farmers may have been seduced by seed companies modern genetics. In exchange for free seeds they get to photograph fields of outdoor plants and promote their creations. Works well for both parties. 

If you want old school flavours they are becoming harder to find. Modern hybrids outperform old world hash cultivars. With Spain across the water and the state of play there then it was only a matter of time before the farmers started to grow different strains and it's a new generation now who have spent more time in Europe and have more knowledge of global affairs.

Sadly though something is being lost. Some of the finest hash I have had the pleasure to sample were from Morroco. Theres something missing in the high IMO.

With regards the King he has a crack down every once in a while. A few people end up in prison, a few token gestures are made as he doesn't want to miss out on his funding from the U.S. Never changes much in the Rif.

• Like 5

On 14/06/2022 at 1:10 AM, Kushtydon said:

Yeah that's a clipper. I think that block weighed 36g. Make some yourself dude it's easy

I'm having a bit of a mare at the moment, got any ideas ? I extracted all the good stuff using bubble bags - popped into freezer after mixing it into a cookie - micro planed it a couple of days later onto cardboard , 48 hours later mixed it back into a cookie- went to start rolling with hot rolling pin and it stuck to my cellophane- made a right gooey mess,  I've slammed it back into freezer till I find out what to do... did look a lot like yours - 28g and smells amazing,  pure hash smell , any ideas how to save it ? Or any clues as to what I've done wrong?

@Puffdiddy I'm not sure what the problem is dude I follow the same process you mentioned only I use parchmemt paper when rolling with a hot pin. Could it be moisture that got trapped being released? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kushtydon said:

@Puffdiddy I'm not sure what the problem is dude I follow the same process you mentioned only I use parchmemt paper when rolling with a hot pin. Could it be moisture that got trapped being released? 

Parchment paper like propper parchment paper ? Or brown non stick baking paper ? 

11 hours ago, pollenlover said:

Moroccan farmers may have been seduced by seed companies modern genetics. In exchange for free seeds they get to photograph fields of outdoor plants and promote their creations. Works well for both parties. 

If you want old school flavours they are becoming harder to find. Modern hybrids outperform old world hash cultivars. With Spain across the water and the state of play there then it was only a matter of time before the farmers started to grow different strains and it's a new generation now who have spent more time in Europe and have more knowledge of global affairs.

Sadly though something is being lost. Some of the finest hash I have had the pleasure to sample were from Morroco. Theres something missing in the high IMO.

With regards the King he has a crack down every once in a while. A few people end up in prison, a few token gestures are made as he doesn't want to miss out on his funding from the U.S. Never changes much in the Rif.

Nice one for that @pollenlover.

It never ceases to amaze me on how stupid some people can be when it comes to taking 'new world ' seeds over to traditional hash producing countries. while I understand the economics behind it, I don't understand everything else.

I've heard about this sort of thing happening over the years and I hope it isn't as popular as you're saying. It's maybe more prevelant in certain parts of Morroco but thankfully it isn't everywhere. My only resource for this is watching countless you tube vids of Morrocan hash fields and the process from plant to hash.

I recently listened to the potcast where I thnk DJ Short was talking about the same thing happening in Jamacia , where the landraces there, with their exceptionally different range of highs, had been replaced by dutch genetics.

Fortunately this doesn't seem to be the case in afghanistan / Pakistan and the legendary Manala and kasol etc, though that idiot ,arjan form greenhouse seeds, certainly tried. I enjoyed his strain hunters until he started offering his dutch genetics there. A brilliant premise ruined by taking other genetics to the areas where you're looking for landraces. Very Weird and stupid and extremely short sighted in my humble opinion.

Have a look at this guy..

Countless videos showing whats going on out there, really interesting.

On looking at the comments to these though, you see no end of morons offering 'western' genetics to these guys in exchange for their seeds. Saddening and maddening at the same time.

Enjoy.

• Like 3

@toki there are still farmers growing the original landraces in Morroco. 

Haven't been over since 2018. Last time there I still managed to score Beldia, the lighter hash that starts blond and some darker hash that we know as Caramello, the local name escapes me now but also some hash made of kush plants and some from Mexican sativa plants. 

I have a friend there that has his own farm. Several generations. He grows a mixture of old and new. He loves the Critical strain. Seems to work for him. I prefer the old school taste and effect.

Jamaica is full of U.S genetics and I guess some Dutch too. Blueberry is a very popular strain. I smoked some old school weed there that a Rasta gave mr and it stood out from everything else. Clear head high. Everything else hammered me. Will watch the videos later when I have some time. Will try and remember to post a picture of some different Hash from Morroco.

• Like 4

Just now, pollenlover said:

@toki there are still farmers growing the original landraces in Morroco. 

Haven't been over since 2018. Last time there I still managed to score Beldia, the lighter hash that starts blond and some darker hash that we know as Caramello, the local name escapes me now but also some hash made of kush plants and some from Mexican sativa plants. 

I have a friend there that has his own farm. Several generations. He grows a mixture of old and new. He loves the Critical strain. Seems to work for him. I prefer the old school taste and effect.

Jamaica is full of U.S genetics and I guess some Dutch too. Blueberry is a very popular strain. I smoked some old school weed there that a Rasta gave mr and it stood out from everything else. Clear head high. Everything else hammered me. Will watch the videos later when I have some time. Will try and remember to post a picture of some different Hash from Morroco.

That's awesome. Thankyou pollenlover :smokin:

7 hours ago, Puffdiddy said:

Parchment paper like propper parchment paper ? Or brown non stick baking paper ? 

Just the non stick brown paper from aldi 

• Like 1