E55ex0ldb0y Dutch Passion Outdoor Grow

e55ex0ldb0y

7 hours ago, SHIRE STALKBEANS! said:

Wondered how you were getting on ? Glad to hear you've sorted it now pal

Looks like it's on the mend,

if you planning on spraying anything that's dodgy try wrapping the cages in in cling film 

What were u using the peppermint spay for?? 

Atb

And may you be blessed with full Sun!! 

I’m getting ravaged by pests and peppermint spray is what they used to keep flies away from potatoes whist they are chitting. To be honest it’s a farm thing that’s really expensive but I got given a bottle, no instructions though… I didn’t spray the plants directly but just the overspray burned them badly. I’m guessing that maybe you put it neat into tubs close to the plant might do the trick but I’m giving up with it!

• Like 1

With your grow being in your garden are you able to put a net over your plants? Something like a fruitcage /net set up?I

You know the type small as possible gauge holes, even double layered and slightly offset to make it harder for pests?I

I'm sure they make a special netting for cabbage fly?

Just a thought pal

Edited by SHIRE STALKBEANS!
Spelling
  • Like 2

Even women's tights might work as long as they let enough light through,

might be a bit of work but you could always try fit them over your individual cages

Not sure if you can get xxxl fat girl tights but they might work

Edited by SHIRE STALKBEANS!
Spelling
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, SHIRE STALKBEANS! said:

Even women's tights might work as long as they let enough light through,

might be a bit of work but you could always try fit them over your individual cages

Not sure if you can get xxxl fat girl tights but they might work

Or find sheets of the same elasticated material 

Glad everything’s going well pal. Been away with broken WiFi. Back now trying to catch up. They recovering okay from the peppermint mishap? 

11 hours ago, AnonyMice said:

Glad everything’s going well pal. Been away with broken WiFi. Back now trying to catch up. They recovering okay from the peppermint mishap? 

All going ok now tbh… only x2 Wedding Glue looking grim because of flies. Think it’s a bit too late to net out mainly because they are already residing on the plants and the other because 2 plants are over 6ft. It didn’t help having to strip the plant because of the spray balls up… less leaves for them to eat.

• Like 4

No natural predators that you can use in the garden?

Temperatures are quite insane now, hope these critters will burn from it! :execute:

• Like 1

x2 Hollands Hope and 2x Dutch Passion #1 Been watering daily so looking good and surviving the heat.

DP#1 A looking strong but still waiting for the bottom foliage to catch up on this one.
large.090834B7-A8F1-4364-97B3-5B12841A89E3.jpeg

HH A

Topped and bottom foliage is catching up nicely a handful of Chicken pellet to keep them nice and dark.
large.E2E4D138-CDB2-4812-BC81-827B3AE86566.jpeg

DP #1 B

looking good, nice healthy looking thing considering this was the one that got peppermint burned the most.

large.BF668C88-3010-4946-A7A2-18DE18C80BD3.jpeg

HH B

This was one of the best looking plants when she went in but every leaf has this wrinkling on it? I did have a mole come up under the plant so I filled in underneath with compost and pushed the root system down plus watered loads but hasn’t made much difference. The mole seems to have buggered off now!

Any ideas if the mole could be the issue or could  it be something else?

large.758396DE-08D5-486D-B148-F3BE14F0A98C.jpeglarge.79B334F0-2DAC-4D7F-9E42-1B98C9966DAF.jpeg

thanks all

bumper harvest for all your good work people. I’ve got my fingers crossed for all. :) 

• Like 6

Looking healthy aside from the crinkles 

Think you might be right about the mole damage

• Like 2

These ladies looking good mate! :yep:

Glad to hear the mole seems to have left the premises! Not sure about the wrinckle effect on the HH.

Could be environmental, or genetic. Seems it is not slowing her down though, I think it will be fine when time progresses.

A few more weeks to grow before the stretching begins, keep it up! :punk:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Antonio_DutchPassion said:

These ladies looking good mate! :yep:

Glad to hear the mole seems to have left the premises! Not sure about the wrinckle effect on the HH.

Could be environmental, or genetic. Seems it is not slowing her down though, I think it will be fine when time progresses.

A few more weeks to grow before the stretching begins, keep it up! :punk:

They are looking even better now… I got some fbb down a couple of days ago and they really lapped it up. I’m away until Friday but give them about 10lt each tonight and the missus is watering until I’m back. I’ll pop some more snaps on Friday… by then I’m hoping then there will be 4 bushes waiting for me :) 

the mole damaged HH is looking better now mole seems to have been vanquished and I’ve managed to get some more compost down in a hole I’d missed.

my only issue is still bugs… been using neem weekly which is definitely helping but I’m a bit concerned they will cause havoc when they start flowering… we shall see??

cheers for popping by 

• Like 3

On 15/07/2022 at 8:25 AM, e55ex0ldb0y said:

All going ok now tbh… only x2 Wedding Glue looking grim because of flies. Think it’s a bit too late to net out mainly because they are already residing on the plants and the other because 2 plants are over 6ft. It didn’t help having to strip the plant because of the spray balls up… less leaves for them to eat.

Neem oil is apparently good stuff for them mate. 1 of my plants is loved by flies while the rest untouched. Weird that. Have the neem oil here just need energy to pop down and apply it. Will do tomorrow evening. Hopefully recovering more now? 

- see your using the neem oil already. Hope it’s working for you 

Edited by AnonyMice
Update
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, geo1 said:

Everybody is getting some crinkly plants this year it seems. It remains a bit of a mystery

Deffo.. ive experienced a fair bit of it too. Very odd I must say..I thought genetics but now im just not so sure :yinyang:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AnonyMice said:

Neem oil is apparently good stuff for them mate. 1 of my plants is loved by flies while the rest untouched. Weird that. Have the neem oil here just need energy to pop down and apply it. Will do tomorrow evening. Hopefully recovering more now? 

- see your using the neem oil already. Hope it’s working for you 

Don't forget to add the dish soap to help emulsify the neem into the water..it also really helps to get the full effect on these fuking critters..part and parcel outdoors though and they always seem to favour some more than others :yinyang:

• Like 1