Black Lebanon iIn Light Deprivation.

OldFord

Hi all ,  this will be my diary for an outdoor light dep run of the wonderful sounding Black Lebanon kindly offered to me by @SuperSativaSeedClub - David

I have quite a few pics to sort out and will get the diary fully going by Monday when im back home.  

For anyone looking at doing this outdoors ,  im at Lat 53 and had it outdoors from being 3 wks old in a heated greenhouse for a few weeks then kicked outdoors into the elements  ,  she slowed right down and struggled for a few weeks , as to be expected during low overnight temps into freezing but she took it in her stride and shes a tough girl thats just about to be flipped in light dep in approx 2 wks time. 

Will get pics updated soon and get the diary going properly.     Thanks all.   

• Like 11

23 hours ago, Ccs141 said:

Think we've got one of these would it finish outside on time without lightdep

The breeders blurb say mid October .... its a gamble !    Not many grows around of it and as such not tried & tested but i would take a punt :yep:

The plants very sturdy , spacing is good and seems to be getting into her stride now ,  its just to be tested on tolerance to the wet stuff :) 

Yeah i think i sent a bean over and from what im seeing it could be worth a run .... whats one more plant lol   

• Like 4

Apologies on the delay in getting pics up ,  i still need to sort the early  , seedling ones out but i will just jump staright in with how she looks now so please forgive me :) 

I will be commencing the flip in light dep next week :yep:   

Here she is in all her glory  - 

large_029.JPGlarge_030.JPG

I will sort the pics out and now keep weekly updates.      @SuperSativaSeedClub - David

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 6

Hi all ,  its light dep time :) 

I heavily defoliated these last weekend and they took it like a champ :yep:       They are the tallest of all the girls in the garden with fantastic outdoor structured plants ! 

They have a very strange aroma ,  think sweet hash with some earthy notes , very unique but not invasive in any way.   

The plants have not been fed at all ,  they are in home brew soil and have had their 1st feed of Intense Nutrients today prior to going into darkness , they were fed Bloom , PK Phite and Wide Load.   

Heres how they look .   

large_017.JPGlarge_018.JPGlarge_019.JPG

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, OldFord said:

They are the tallest of all the girls in the garden

It'll be interesting to see how these get on outdoors, several of us have had it stretch a lot indoors so I won't be surprised if these end up massive.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

It'll be interesting to see how these get on outdoors, several of us have had it stretch a lot indoors so I won't be surprised if these end up massive.

Yeah mate ,  shes quite leggy ,  trying to keep her down wasnt happening , shes been topped numerous time  ,  she just spaced more between nodes.    Reckon shes a good ft taller than anything else and showing no signs of slowing.    I have made sure the light dep frame has a good 3 x height as reckon she will take off  :yep:

Not too worried as there plenty of spacing between the branches ,  pretty nicely formed plant for outdoor as shes as open as they come.

Lets see how she runs & what the end results like ,  really liked the sound of her ,   what was the smoke like mate ??    Thanks 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, OldFord said:

she just spaced more between nodes.

Yeah that's exactly what I had, after the normal stretch the internodal gaps just kept getting bigger, well over six inches in the end. So there were no colas as such, but it still yielded well, big tennis balls at every node.

It smokes nicely, it's definitely something unusual and I've kept a cutting. I wouldn't go crazy over it but it is pleasant. I'm going to make some dry sift hash next time I grow it, I think that's where it will shine given it's genetics.

5 hours ago, OldFord said:

I have made sure the light dep frame has a good 3 x height as reckon she will take off  :yep:

Hopefully that's enough space, the second time I grew it from a tiny clone she still caught me out lol

• Like 4

@latigid aikon    Bang on mate :yep:       She well formed & spaced ,  main & laterals are way oversized , even from seedling she was chunky.

Im  hoping the yield will reflect in the branches you could swing from :)    She does smell strange yet intriguing.    

I spotted it and liked the sound of it , fancied the sound of it.     Just something diff for a bit of outdoor fun :yep:

• Like 3

@OldFord buddy you must have some time on your hands as I keep finding your diarys lollol

Your a busy boy this season and the ligbtdep is a real commitment so hats off to you squire.. im gonna plot up in the corner here and watch the show if thats ok.. really interesting cultivar im quite intrigued to see just how big she gets..hope you have enough head room to let her just do her thing.. wishing you the best of luck dude, your putting in the effort and im sure you will be rewarded for it..

Let's see what this girl can do :yep:

Be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 3

Quite poss one of my fav plants of this years run ,  love the structure and shes emitting a strange but intriguing aroma :yep:  

Been battered with heavy wind & rain this week.  

Been in light dep for the last 6 days now.   

This is how she looks today ,  shes a good bit larger than anything else and stretching well :) 

large_033.JPGlarge_034.JPGlarge_046.JPG

More updates soon.   

• Like 5