mysticriver

If feeding more stops the deficiency, feed her more, she’s hungry, plants look good otherwise 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ratdog said:

sometimes with calmag it works, other times not so well.

some plants are more susceptible to it than others

for the first ~5 days in seedling they were on, (I was working with ml/L then) about 650/0.65ec calmag

and I saw it start to develop in 4 of em

thats when I upped it to 800/0.8ec, as id read on cocoforcannabis.com thats what he does

and it seemed to work for the most part, except for that 1

im trying to find out if there's an upper limit to calmag? or whether no, its whatever works for you

I must be getting close tho, as before most plants were shot

mystic

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ratdog said:

i've had this shit for years,

im surprised to hear that bro as to me you seem like quite a respected old grower 

(not your an old codger like...)

mystic

The upper limit of cal mag for my plant was when she started to get tip burn, backed her off a bit and she settled on 0.8 ec of cal mag before adding nutes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mysticriver said:

im surprised to hear that bro as to me you seem like quite a respected old grower 

my water is shite mate, i want to stay organic, but it's tough

my cal is about 16 and mag is 0 lol

• Like 1

Just now, ratdog said:

my water is shite mate, i want to stay organic, but it's tough

my cal is about 16 and mag is 0 lol

lol It’s not about what you want, it’s about what the plant wants ……and she wants calmag lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

upper limit of cal mag for my plant was when she started to get tip burn,

she's been on the 1.0ec calmag (& the coco nutes) rate for 2 days and ive just looked - no adverse issue with the higher feed

having trouble with the quote function not working again.....

" i want to stay organic," - wrote by @ratdog

- how long have you been working with coco? I meant that I thought you would have been aware of an answer about the calmag by now...(edit- this is my closed mind at work thinking you have exactly the same problems as me) like, what would be the level (if there is one) of calmag to definitively stop Ca issue in coco, with all plants?

-or does my need to control everything (to want to bash the plants around the colydons with a bag of calmag strong enough that the problem goes for good) be trumped by the reality that its not possible

mystic

Edited by mysticriver

@mysticriver I don’t think there is a definitive answer, every plant has its owns set of requirements, one of my girls liked a lot of calmag, the others no so much, one was Nitrogen hungry, the others no so. I now feed them individually, pain in the arse,  but it’s that they want, wether it suits me or not. :smokin:

Edited by The Green Manalishi
Added @
  • Like 1

@The Green Manalishi They do respond differently to some degree. I go with what seems to suit the majority and the outliers can just get on with it or I'll get rid. if they are clearly not liking it.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

I don’t grow enough to throw the stubborn ones away lol but I do see where you’re coming from, it’s all learning for me, can’t learn from a plant I’ve thrown away. :smokin:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mysticriver said:

how long have you been working with coco? I meant that I thought you would have been aware of an answer about the calmag by now...

i'm still in compost mate, but i have such bad water that i'm using salts in that medium, growers ark soil nutes as a last resort, if i can't make that work (still getting used to it and having to go full tilt with the bloom)  i might go full coco, but i have my reservations with my water with that too. we will see!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

I now feed them individually, pain in the arse,  but it’s that they want,

true mate thats the way im leaning these days

mystic

• Like 1

22 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

can just get on with it or I'll get rid. 

wow ur a tough task-master. respect

mystic 

• Like 1