AutoPot & Timers - Why?

J.C

remember there not the best system to use but if you manipulate things to your advantage you can grow weed to a very high standard with them, better than most so to speak

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alrighty folks, just wondering if I can get a bit of advice on using autopot system with the plantit timer. I got the 4 pot autopot system and the plantit timer, I'm trying to figure out the best settings for the timer. There doesn't seem to be a way to have it off overnight or when its lights out, so is it best to time how long it takes to fill the trays for the run time and then do a frequency of 2 or 4 hours? I know it might vary depending on what stage they are at but any tips would be much apprecaited :yep:

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2022 at 8:25 PM, spankydemonkey said:

I have my timer set to run once every 24hrs, and for 15-20 mins.

Hi mate, sorry just seen this reply. With the setting you are using are you basically giving them one tray worth of feed a day? Will 1 tray be enough feed for 1 day, I’m not sure what the trays hold but I’m using the 12.5l Autopots in coco.

15-20 minutes is probably a little over a tray a day assuming well rooted pots and compost but i imagine you'd probably want to adopt a more fertigation-esque approach with coco , shorter intervals but more of them evenly spaced through your daylight cycle , probably , maybe.

I'm sure someone with a definitive answer will be along shortly..

:yinyang:

• Like 2

@BilgePumpcheers for your input bud, when I timed the autopots to fill up they took roughly 5 minutes, the manual says it can take an hour for the aqua valve 5 to reset after it empties and starts filling again. So if I go with 1.5 to 2 hours run time every 24 hours and that should be 2 trays per day, I cant seem to find out exactly how much a tray holds but I would guess .5 to 1l which doesn't seem a lot for 15l pots, do you top feed as well?

Cheers, J

@Jams67 I've only tried autopots once tbh bro and didn't really like them , I've had no experience with the aquavalve v2 , I have used other bottom watering systems a fair bit though and on occasion yeah I like to top water as it purges stale air n such from media 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

@BilgePumphey bud cheers for the reply. That’s cool I guess it will need a bit of experimenting especially when the plant goes through different stages and needs more water, good to have a starting point though. 

cheers, j:bong:

• Like 1

Hi guys !

Is there any difference between Alien easy feed timer and plant it timer apart from feed line diameter? 

#do i need extra feetings to fit either one if them to my autopot feed line?

Thanks

Edited by Canna Denfour20

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/04/2022 at 9:29 PM, J.C said:

@Canna Denfour20 - That might be the next question, I can see a few places have a PlantIt version or I might just go with a Hozelock one

Even the PlantIt timer isn’t great. You can only feed up to 120 minutes at a time. So if you set it for every 12 hours you’re feeding at night. If you set it every 24 hours it isn’t enough. If you set at every 2,4,6,8 hours you’re still feeding at night. It’s no different to having it on all the time

On 18/05/2022 at 9:12 AM, Jams67 said:

@BilgePumpcheers for your input bud, when I timed the autopots to fill up they took roughly 5 minutes, the manual says it can take an hour for the aqua valve 5 to reset after it empties and starts filling again. So if I go with 1.5 to 2 hours run time every 24 hours and that should be 2 trays per day, I cant seem to find out exactly how much a tray holds but I would guess .5 to 1l which doesn't seem a lot for 15l pots, do you top feed as well?

Cheers, J

Yeah this is precisely the reason I’m not running autopots again. I thought the PlantIt timer could handle feeding during only lights on. Turns out you either feed at night or can only feed once a day if you want to feed during lights on only. Massive ballache

As a bit of an update:

I didn't put a timer in at all. I spent a long time do additional research, speaking to some AutoPot staff and decided it wasn't needed. Plants have been doing great and I'll continue keeping an eye on them and report back