AutoPot & Timers - Why?

J.C

I'm struggling to understand this one. I've seen timers recommended a lot of this forum for use with AutoPot systems but can't see many other people doing it on the web and when I mentioned it in my local shop (who all use AutoPot and have done for 10+ years) I was met with blank stares.

As far as I can understand it, the system is built so it doesn't overfeed the plants or cause root rot. I understnad that a timer could help in a flooding situation but would be curious what reasons other users have for adding a timer to the system.

Cheers

thats why its better to come here for advice mate, vast amount  of knolwledge here if you look in the right places, i could probs answer a full page on your question but we will keep it short and brief and hope that helps a bit

1  you dont want to oversaturate your medium, coco/soil unless them roots are fully packing that pot out

2,  do you really need the roots to be sat in water overnight when the lights are turned off

3, controlling your enviroment at night time

4 controlling your watering frquency to create a steering effect on flower transition

weeks 1 thru 3

hope this helps but there is so much to it

you have to tune in with the plant and  learn just how she likes things, one strain will like things differently than compared to another, the main thing is to keep it simple, 

does the autopot system work with just leaving it on constantly, of course it does

its just the more experienced you become then of course a timer can work to your advantage

imagine this mate nothing to do with plants but i will say it anyway, if you stuff your face with food all day  from when you open your eyes to when you fall asleep are you going to be hungry,

less is more always remember that

for example you turn your timer off two hour before lights go off  come next morning  lights come on plants go to work 2 hours into the day there hungry treat them mean keep them keen so to speak

heres to wishing you all the best with it

• Like 4

I don't understand why folks use timers at all,they cocked up to many of my grows I can't stand the ting.

Tho it's first time I hear it's used with autopots.

@4kali  I get it now, definitely wouldn't like to soak them at night time especially late flower

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

its kind of like running a drain to waste but flipped around, you know the crack mate, time and a place to turn the tap on and let them drink like mofos and as mentioned above we all know when that time comes around

fulvic, and some other goodies once a week at barrell change break them salts up and make them available to the plant

feeds have to be just right though you cant follow a chart  so to speak

got to become one with the plant, love her tend to her needs and she will love you back

now i will just go and ponder on calcium

because my bones are getting weaker in my old age and i know if i would have got a really high calcium diet when i was a kid i might not be in this fucked up health

im never right or wrong mate i just have an opinion on how things work for me

just spend more time with your plants is my best advice, perhaps run the same cutting/ strain a few times in your autopots and change one thing at a time

to see if it makes a difference, 

atb

• Like 1

Sorry to jump in but it's make sense with timer especially when lights off. My question is What timer would you suggest guys?