Water pump

Herbal Kint

• 2 weeks later...

@Lister420 

So I got handle with pressure valve,problem is noise that air makes,like it pumps water and then just bunch of air creates annoying sound that am pretty sure my neighbors can hear. You get same sht with your pump?

• 1 year later...

So year latter am getting a weaker pump lol

So been reading about Hailea Water Pump HX-2500,  will it be strong enough to get from bathroom to first floor without struggling?  Using Karcher telescopic pistol nozzle ,pump stats..

1000 l/h

Max height 1.6m

Now that last max height it bothering me, I was reading folks that have 600l/h maxi pumps can water on attic but my 1000l/h have max height 1.6m.

So to double check will hailea pump above be strong enough? It's like 15 stairs up to first floor so like total 5m of distance.

Edited by Herbal Kint

I don't understand, you want to pump water up to your plants upstairs from downstairs? Presumably from a reservoir downstairs>? Hydro or soil? 

Most folk have a reservoir next to the plants and self water them using blumats or small pumps connected to stakes in the medium with 6mm hose. 

Have you tried a regular Gardena style adapter for the bathroom or kitchen tap? Then you can attach a cheap garden hose and have full control of pressure and temps too.

• Like 1

I’m with @Slippy One here. 

I use a 60L reservoir and just fill a 25L Jerry can in my bathroom and handball it to my room with my reservoir. 

then use an aquarium syphon to dump it into the reservoir while the 25L sits on my working stool. 

as Slippy said you could just get a hose attachment for your bathroom tap which maybe has a stop valve near your reservoir to be able to stop the flow while you go and disconnect once filled?

large.IMG_1628.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

Bump

hailea HX2500 will not be powerful enough. 

I use the Hx8810 inside my reservoir and it feeds 8x 4mm T’s if I change those T’s to be 4mm X’s then the flow is greatly reduced. 

the 2500 is 650LPH with 1.3m lift 

the 8810 is 1050LPH with 1.8m lift

I wouldn’t want to see if it can feed from downstairs to upstairs as I know already it wouldn’t be powerful enough. 

you’d need something like the HX88 series with about 8000LPH to gain that much lift height. 

• Like 1

Cheers man,so HX8840 , 3m lift , 4000l/h.

Can anyone confirm that will do the job without over heating? I think the floor is 2.5m up and hose length will be round 5m maybe meter more.

E2a I really don't want to buy third one lol

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

Just now, Herbal Kint said:

Cheers man,so HX8840 , 3m lift , 4000l/h.

Can anyone confirm that will do the job without over heating? I think the floor is 2.5m up and hose length will be round 5m maybe meter more.

E2a I really don't want to buy third one lol

it’s doubtful anyone is going to be able to say 100% for sure dude unfortunately as it’s something specific to your scenario and most use a water pump for feeding from their res. 

Is this going to be from bedroom level up into an attic?

A guy I used to know (RIP DanTheBull) used to have an 1800litre water tank in his back garden and used something like this 

https://hyundaipowerequipment.co.uk/hyundai-1100w-electric-clean-and-dirty-water-submersible-water-pump-sub-pump-hysp1100cd/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsPWj39PQggMVkNntCh1NzAvDEAQYAyABEgJhUPD_BwE

To feed from the back garden up to his spare bedroom 

Ye am thinking 80L barrel in bathtub, submersible pump and classic watering nozzle.Its just up the stairs so 5 to 6m length with round 2.5m uplift. I can't carry water anymore my back killing me

I think the one on link up is overkill ?

Edited by Herbal Kint

37 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

Ye am thinking 80L barrel in bathtub, submersible pump and classic watering nozzle.Its just up the stairs so 5 to 6m length with round 2.5m uplift. I can't carry water anymore my back killing me

I think the one on link up is overkill ?

is there a bathroom on the same floor as your grow?

the problem you have is using the pump to open end as most folks create a pressurised ring or manifold of some sort which helps to build the pressure and thus force the water to the destination. 

if you’re doing 

80L barrel

pump

open end for water feed

it may not generate enough pressure to get to the destination without creating a manifold or ring. 

like I keep saying it’s going to be hard to say for sure. 

15 minutes ago, JonDaMon said:

enough pressure to get to the destination without creating a manifold or ring. 

I think that's the solution at the end,I'll use search to read a bit if you know solid thread about subject link me, I'll prolly go for ring as it was mentioned before

14 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

I think that's the solution at the end,I'll use search to read a bit if you know solid thread about subject link me, I'll prolly go for ring as it was mentioned before

check my albums dude I have a ring setup myself. 

• Like 1