What a Shedache

blackpoolbouncer

@buddy13 cheers mate. Yes its a slight inconvenience for now but eventually It will all be covered, most likely by decking or flags so it's a bit like a patio between the polytunnel and the shed. This will also hide the exhaust pipe that vents the underneath of the shed into the polytunnel because it's a tad suspicious at the minute. Not that that matters. A bit of soil pipe laying around isnt going to raise any eyebrows in my house.

Perhaps not suspicious but odd.

Went out to the shed this morning while it was -2 and with everything running full flow with the passive fully open the ambient in the shed had dipped to 17. 

Notched the extract down a touch and flicked in the back up heater on and within 15 mins we were back up to 25 in the shed. 

Roots never dipped below 24 in the flower room. 

So for a first night in a unfinished shed and -2 temps I think it's past its first test with flying colours. 

It's still frosty outside and the polytunnel has already warmed up by 9 am and the heaters are back on ticking over 

Result 

• Like 18

Shoes off at the door pleaseweve just had new carpet fittedlollarge.20220306_113905_compress23.jpg

Starting to feel a bit more homely now 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 24

loved every minute of this. awesome build and conversion from shed to clone, veg,  flower and breeding areas. Love the zip door idea, much easier and space saving than a regular door. understand your previous room will become your new nursery if I've read that right, hope all goes well and everyone's healthy.

:cheers:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exhale said:

All you need now is a flatscreen TV on the wall and a little fridge for your seeds and beer :yep:

Now we're talking. I can just about get WiFi so not a bad shout lol

Where the water butt it eventually we wil have 3 wine cooler fridges converted to controlled drying Chambers.

Going to pop a little fridge just for seeds under the mums which still leaves 3 foot x 2 foot for vegging space. Being no till there's not much vegging in small pots.

2 hours ago, growinggold said:

Now we're fkin talkin....nice.

Where yours smoking spot/chair/perch thread coming up!! Ha 

Haha yes mate. This was the best I could muster today. I pinched it from the workshop. It was this or an electric recliner. Whilst this woukd have been lovely space would be rather tight lol

1 hour ago, monkeypig said:

@blackpoolbouncer  What is the wee controller on the wall bud?

The white one is the controller for the scopex light. 

The grey one is just an innkbird heating/ cooling controller.

There may also the a thermostatic plug featured somewhere in the pics. 

1 hour ago, KC said:

I imagine the carpet fitters raised a few eyebrows in there :wassnnme:

lol I'm a man with many things just lying about. 

Cheers for looking in chaps

• Like 8

Slowly progressing. 

New maxibright 4 tube 4 foot t5 landed today so got the second veg area set up and plugged an old mini beer fridge I had which will be for seeds, beer and milk. Ordered a little 1l kettle which should be with me any day and a little suprise I think everyone will like lol

Anyways. I'll not waffle. Temps outside have been getting down to -3 which is about as low as it ever gets here and even that's rare and the shed coped very well indeed with all the plants being nice and happy and growing well. 

So other than a little bit of insulation board to go to the right of the veg space just to seperate the heater/intake and box it in that's about it for the veg space. 

large.20220308_173522_compress48.jpg

Just the second flower space to light and throw a door on and that's the growspaces done. 

Then one last job which will be to get three peltier wine cooler fridges for the corner and convert them to controlled drying chambers and life wil be saweeeet!! 

Join me next time for a brew lol

Peace

• Like 23

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've been a bit lazy in the shed with other priorities looming. So no progress on the second flower space. All I really need to do is staple the door on and hang a light. 

I do need to get on with it because I've got a little destroyer boy currently spunking in my porch lol

Anyway. That's not why I'm here. I'm here to brighten everyone's day up. 

It might be freezing and rainy outside but its lovely in the shed. A constant 25-25'C. Its just like being in the Bahamas lol equatorial sativas in the grow room, bananas what more could a man want.

large.20220317_161733_compress37.jpglarge.20220317_161749_compress48.jpglarge.20220317_161759_compress36.jpg

Oh and the Mrs bought me a nice coconut matt for me shoes. She's a good un 

• Like 25

Is that kettle on the top shelf I spy? 

Proper little chillers spot this, views for days.  Fkin love it. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 3