What a Shedache

blackpoolbouncer

Guest anarchycamp

That's some workmanship there, love the venting out into the poly tunnel idea! 

And the tent doors too:rofl:

Love a good DIY job, hope the transition is smooth.

That is quite a project you have going there. 

Looks excellent, thanks for the inspirational pics. 

Good luck going forwards, will be a superb space & set-up. 

• Like 1

thats epic, love the ducted undefloor heating.

im a bit surprised the walls dont look insulated? especially the two outside ones of the flower room.

anyhow, brilliant, inspiring.

love the way you just pick the shed up. my shed obscures a manhole cover. whenever bt want access we hae to dismantle the whole thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Newcouch said:

thats epic, love the ducted undefloor heating.

im a bit surprised the walls dont look insulated? especially the two outside ones of the flower room

A bit of applied logic tells me I don't need to. Wood is actually quite a good insulator (15x better than concrete) and the shed walls are 2" cavity with sterling on the inside and battoned out t+g cladded. The walls aren't where much heat wil be lost as heat has a hard time crossing wood and an air gap. 

Plus I used to live in an old static caravan which had far less thermal efficiency than the shed walls and there was never an issue so I'm going out in a limb here and say it unnecessary in this scenario and would just be lost flower space.

We've got 32amp supply coming in so between the 2500w oil rad and 500w of underfloor tube heaters I can't see heat being an issue.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, thought seeing as I'd already taken pics it was worth sharing if only for ideas for others.

Just been back to look at my handyworkcwith a paintbrush. 

Looked stellar last night paining in the dim light..........one coat lol yer right. 

• Like 16

Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

one coat lol yer right. 

I did nearly ask what paint it was that could cover ply wood in one coat. 

• Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

I did nearly ask what paint it was that could cover ply wood in one coat. 

It's Leyland high opacity vinyl matt emulsion. 

Tbf it's not made a bad job for one coat. But I only the patchy paint will do my tree in so another coat it is. Second coats never as bad. 

• Like 5

@blackpoolbouncer tidy job buddy, can see why you've been quiet now.

The master plan takes shape! Lovely space to escape to.

You know once that shed is done she'll have you painting that spare room lol 

And then comes baby making time :woot: you'll be sick of hammering and screwing and thankful for a preganancy confirmation lol unless you've already hit that nail on the head?

• Like 2

Already put me hammer down mate, nearly wore the head off me shaft in the run up to Xmas lol

@Exhale 

And yes.....said spare room wil be the next thing to be painted in preparation for the fruits of all that hammering and screwing........after I've repaired the fuck off holes in the ceiling lol

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 8

great stuff, i love a shed build. i thought the same as you, that it would be fine with the OSB inside and cladding outside being enouugh. i also addded a vapour barrier between the frame and outside cladding, but it was cold during lights off. i spent a fortune heating it with 2kw fan heater aimed directly at the intake fan, it was as dear as having the lights on 24 hrs..

to do it properly (and expensively) i would insulate under the floorboards and walls if i was to do it again

But you should be fine, with the big oil fillled rad and tube heaters. And also, presumably having the veg area providing some heat

its taking shape nicely, can i ask what your planning for the access doors to the grow area? sliders or opener uppers? 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4