Original Sensible Seeds

mysticriver

I have a few packs of Grandaddy Black that will be spread amongst the fellwo old gits this upcoming season :yep:

See how light dep ,  early out and late out plants handle the outdoor life .... we shall see !

• Like 3

All the very best with those Old Ford l hope they turn out nice for you. I've grown two GB's indoors under 300w LED last year alongside two of Original Sensibles Pure kushes. They all turned out good. The Grandaddys were the same heights, typical stocky indica as were the Pure Kush in fact there wasn't an inch between them. I was impressed really without being blown away by the GB. I thought it was going to be a bit stronger body but still a nice enough smoke though. If I remember one was more grape flavour, the other a bit more red fruit jam. I only did the two so I reckon there will be better phenos and I will certainly get round to doing the rest of it at some point. Stoner Wizard has done some I believe it was him who inspired me to grow some. All the best mate. Peace. 

On 04/01/2024 at 7:35 PM, OldFord said:

• Like 2

@Trashedagain77  Cheers mate :yep:        Im quite looking forward to seeing how they go  ,  never ran OSS to my knowledge and keen to see how they take to the outdoor life :yep:

Most likely do a full term and a light dep ,  well cook each and see what the better variant is.      Will be in this years diary.  

Thank you sir :george:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OldFord said:

@Trashedagain77  Cheers mate :yep:        Im quite looking forward to seeing how they go  ,  never ran OSS to my knowledge and keen to see how they take to the outdoor life :yep:

Most likely do a full term and a light dep ,  well cook each and see what the better variant is.      Will be in this years diary.  

Thank you sir :george:

You are very welcome mate I will be eager to see how they do and like I said all the best. I am super impressed with your outdoor work Old Ford, your Strawberry Glues blew me away and I admire your down to earth approach and your modesty. I nearly attempted my first guerilla grow last year having only grown undercover for 25 years. It was your pics which inspired me. I had four RGS Affiedaze clones ready end of May but bottled it. I am going to study more diaries like yours and definitely give the great outdoors a bash. My neighbours are the nosiest cnuts going so back garden is a no go unfortunately for me for now. Looking forward to seeing your outdoor this year mate. Gl. Peace. 

• Like 2

@Trashedagain77   Thank you kindly sir.      Mate i just grow them and show everyone what im seeing  ,  no canna snobbery here :yep:

Have a bash !!!    Honestly the sun just has a special influenece , the terps just come alive ,   play it safe and grab something like Brocks cooking - pretty much bullet proof :george:

You also get a nice bounty for your efforts !      Always happy to help mucker :yep:

Go on have a bash :yes:    you may end up being a convert  !

• Like 2

Notes I found on my two Original Sensible seeds Granddaddy Blacks. 

Pheno 1

Stout,stocky indica. Barely doubled in stretch. Remained green no coloration. 

Quite leafy. Very sticky. Aroma was herbs and grape. Flavour not quite same but white grapes mainly. Moderate buzz almost all body, slightly introspective, mellow but not total couchlock. Moderate duration. 

Pheno 2

Stout, stocky indica. Barely doubled in the stretch phase. Sames height and structure as #1. Slight purple from wk 6 flower. Better bud to leaf ratio than #1 easier trim. Not as sticky as the other but still sticky, lots of scissor glue! Latex gloves brown! Aroma was red fruit which reminds of summer fruits cordial or jam. Taste not quite carried through. Moderate buzz was a slight creeper in comparison to #1 which hit quicker. All body no real headiness. Comfy and mellow. Taste improves massively on both phenos for a 2wk cure. Strength as expected does too. Note to self do not smoke this next time until a 2 wk min cure. I've seen Miles better phenos than mine on GD and my skills are very low in comparison to the best mate so you have a great chance of getting something nice back. I couldn't vouch for the outdoor abilities of GB but if anyone can then you can Old Ford! Peace. 

• Like 1

I have some bad news regarding my current batch of Original sensible seeds. Both the Jealousy and the Peanut butter ogkb have thrown nanas at wk 3-4 of flower. There mainly two thirds up the branches, quite plentuful on the jealousy and a few on the PBOGKB. Gutted! I have maintained 20 to 26 temps and not had problems with other vars in this area. If anything then the low humidity could be a problem.?  I also had a Black Orchid of theirs and a Pellezino Cookies which whilst showing no nanas themselves they had clearly seen some pollen as they were showing plenty of brown pistils for wk 4! Back to the drawing board for me. I had clones of these all started in rockwool but I managed to pull them from their cubes. These things can happen and I will reshape and re plan. I am not going to be too critical about Original Sensible seeds as this may have been me but I noted on my last run that the Peanut Butter OGKB had hermed again so tread real carefully with that one folks. Peace  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My Bruce Banner 3rd fast foxtailed badly, like they re-veged or something, it didnt smell, yield wasnt bad but it was strong, very strong,  what is the none fast version like? is it smelly?