Electric cost

Grow lady

@QFMAC-

@Jack? if your extracting out the top and sucking in at base thats not reversing the flow , thats normal set up. you need to suck in at top and extract from the base.

Edited by Dodgee
Price discussion

sorry, I was imagining a different set up. where fan/filter were external drawing from the bottom of the tent and fresh air entering the top. 

so the filter / fan is inside tent, where air is drawn in at floor level and exhausted to the top, where is the air inlet sited?

Filter on the floor, ducting to the fan and filter above and out the top id imagine. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

I'm currently growing in a 80x80x160 with a 600w led dimmed to 70%,4"rvk fan,oscillating fan,130w tube heater on thermostat,also a 96w t5 in veg cabinet...

My leccy bill is around £2-£2.50 a day in a 2 bed house with just me and the Mrs here.

Just now, Jack? said:

Had a slight smell leak on my last grow.

i'm not surprised with duct tape applied like that mate, you need to apply some pressure when putting it on lol:)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Interesting thread- now it's July21, 2023 {Sorry for resurrecting old thread} and Leccy prices are far higher.

From what I found, HPS ''Heaters with light'' are a pain in the summer months, but are guzzlers of leccy, as they need fans and extraction.

LED run cool, but not bought/run any yet - but need supplemental heating in winter and potential humidifiers [?] so six of one, half a dozen of the other?

However, LED {from reading online} seem to give very good results, and it's said terpenes improve? 

• 3 months later...

This last bill was €200+, since I've cut my consumption to the bone.

It says we're due 10% reduction, from this month. This is spectacularly generous of them. Indeed, I could almost cry with joyous gratitude. Especially when I look back to a decade or less ago, when my bill was €5.37cr, no matter what I did.

My breakdown ~ the bill. Not the fabric of the society around me ~ is:

08 - 23:00 0.4241

23 - 02:00 0.2092

02 - 04:00 0.1228

04 - 08:00 0.2092

Looking at that makes me hear The Lemon Song, in my head.