Thinking of going AUTO for next grow - advice

RUFUS HOUND

• 2 months later...
On 28/12/2021 at 3:36 PM, RUFUS HOUND said:

@brock1 so reduce hours to say 10 on 14 off ?

Yes but only nearing the last 4 weeks. The light will cause faster degrading of THC in the trichcombes. This give a more active THC in the trichcombes. Some autos are reported bland in effect and will help a lot with this problem.

On 15/01/2022 at 5:56 PM, Herbal Kint said:

Yeah I wish lol

I think we all need to see this plant. I grow autos in 50lt bottomless tubs in a polytunnel sometimes. Even then 4oz is hard. :unsure:

6 hours ago, brock1 said:

I think we all need to see this plant. I grow autos in 50lt bottomless tubs in a polytunnel sometimes. Even then 4oz is hard. :unsure:

4ozs is ok outside in dirt. Mine were getting watered twice a day in airpotted coco/perlite and under 600w 20/4 light inside. It was also LST'd. Not to mention it was also a pheno capable of that. 4-5oz has been my norm with autos. I think auto yield also depends on how much veg growth you can pack in before it flowers. 

Edited by catweazle1

So I’m planting some autos today or tomorrow my tap water is 0.8 ec at my house I was using girlfriends water at 0.6 but cba to keep fetching it back and forth. I see people starting off with low ec 0.7 for autos but that’s not possible for me here with my water. I’m growing in coco using canna a b would it be ok to just use the tap water to soak coco and plant the germinated seeds? I think I just need to get an RO filter asap but right now my seeds are nearing ready to go. 

@Hungryfloppy You should get away with it for a week or so, but after that get base ec 0.6 or below. A good starting ec would be 0.4. If you 50/50 RO with your tapwater that would be nearer optimal. 

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1