Thinking of going AUTO for next grow - advice

RUFUS HOUND

Hi all, want to give autos a try on my next grow, is there anything you cant do with autos that you could with photos?

Can I scrog, top, LST as normal?  

Any strains recommended - I do like a nice haze and toke daily, so want something 20% THC or greater.

Thanks in advance :yep:

• Like 2

Some can be quite finicky with their feed is what I've noticed. Starting at 1/4 strength and working up to 1/2 strength should give you a good starting point.  I've also found them very sensitive to changes in their environment so nice warm roots and not much darkness (if any), I run them 24/0.  Weeks 4-6 is their usual transition to flower.  I've found that with such a short flowering periods,  the buds develop faster if you start introducing gradually increasing amounts of bloom during this period then by week 7 they should be OK with 1/2 strength bloom.  I add a little calmag through weeks 4-6 then taper it around the 2nd or 3rd week of flower (so from weeks 8-9).

LST won't slow them down but if you're growing sativas with a longer flowering period then there's no reason why you couldn't supercrop.  Never tried topping one but it looks like a good way to get a perfect canopy.  Good luck.

• Like 3

The only one I've ever grown that I liked was Short Hazy Dayz x Auto Ultimate by @brock1, not sure if you'd have much luck getting hold of any mind you. Other than that one every auto I've ever tried (mostly outdoor) has been total wetbags, where any tiny problem can fuck them up for life, the whole idea of them being hardy and easy to grow seems like a myth to me. They also never seem to have as interesting flavours/odours/highs as photo's. That being said other people seem to have good results that satisfy their needs/tastes. I'm by no means an expert grower so it's probably my own failings, but I will always have hardyness and vigour at the top of the list, I'm not one for doting over princesses. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 5

Check blackpoolbouncers old diary in the dinafem section. I would say best not to top them only as it can slow them down a touch and you only have a set veg period. Start in small pots, pot up around 10 days into finals. 

• Like 5

Just treat it like you would a photo seed/plant, only difference is keeping it on longer light hours in flower.

Don't know where this under feeding autos comes from but it's a bit of a myth.

For example, I grow just autos, I've got a amnesia haze 28 days old on 1.4 ec feed.

Also got a crystal meth auto in flower at 63 days getting 1.8ec. 

Just feed like you would normally. 

• Like 3

Oops, my ak lemon auto is the one that's 63 days and getting 1.8ec, the crystal meth auto is coming down on Christmas eve so just getting water, it's last feed was 1.7ec

My bad.

• Like 2

I usually mess up autos, and I much prefer Photoperiods myself but I've given Fast Buds Blue Dream Matic a go.

I've not treated her with special gloves and I'm surprised and impressed actually. Week 5 and doing really well. I've transplanted, RH in low to mid 30's in veg (not good) multiple lst and defoliated her twice; she's doing great and buds fucking galore. 

I think people mistake them stunting sometimes when they're not? I did, so thought fuck it, rather then pull it, see what happens. She took the fuck off is what happened lol:naughty::toldya:

• Like 2

It's easy as it can be, pot in a final pot,I'd avoid potting up especially first time growing them. Easy with water first 2 to 3 weeks, then flower sets in,start ml gr ml bloom ml cal mag. Few weeks more and your done.

Just to go against the grain a tad - I converted to autos last year sometime - I bend, buckle, train, top etc… done early enough it will slow down the overall finish but the regards are clear in my view. 

final pot from day 1 so they can stretch quickly and set up home, once they take, 3rd or 4th set of leaves you are safe to go. 
Defoliating helps a lot as well, too much once again slows them down but you will be rewarded in the end. 

I use coco and clay pebbles, with nutes I go up to 2.0EC in bloom, before switching grow EC gets to about 1.8. Some plants are not overly happy but from the few runs I have now done going to town on the ladies yields me masses more bud, good quality smoke and only adds a short time to the overall flower 

cheers

Z

Edited by zaaboot_1
Typos galore
  • Like 3

Straight into final pots

Biggest pot you can use

I’ve tried topping and the main stem spilt on 2 out of 4 plants so I wouldn’t

Feed till you see tip burn then back off a little

Don’t do a full wet dry cycle in my experience! Wet to damp then water

They love high humidity

Organic makes a big difference on flavour and strength 

just my opinions from my experience, sure others know better than me :yes:

and Sensei Amnesia for Sensei Seeds is the bollocks mate

Good luck, best Monkey

• Like 4

im not sure but this 1 is one of the last auto`s i done,it was colorado cookies dutch passion in 7 litres of husk :yep:  big yielder no flavour fuk knows if it got me stoned i had a few other bits and pieces cooking + i was smoking several varietys daily :beer:

medium.IMG-20190307-WA0010.jpg.94914648c

not for me though :thumbdown:

• Like 6

I wouldn't top them but they'll take an LST for sure.  Can be tricky buggers mind because if you make mistakes you haven't got the luxury of holding them in veg state until things are sweet again.  

• Like 2