Just now, MindSoup said:

Well there's a few YouTube growers doing it so you know it must be good lol

Seem to recall a few youtubers going to drink/inject ivermectin and/or bleach. Not sure where they are now though tbh.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, TheGreenShabeenReturns said:

looks ghastly and haphazard, do they still produce well? 

If you know what you're doing they produce the same as any clone. 

Eta - it may take an extra week in veg though, trimming can knock a plant back. 

Edited by fatboy77

Here’s my attempt. I think this is just a re veg tho. Five weeks since harvest . They’ve only been on a proper light schedule for about 4 weeks a little less maybe. Ones going mad 20 plus branches and one’s just starting to get going. Its interesting to watch as they throw some interesting shapes.

But lesson learned I’ll be taking cuttings from now on .large.95AA8FCF-2E7B-4837-9CED-C0C222024A81.jpeglarge.ECAB2F42-8EA0-4F8A-AE4C-59814491E1BF.jpeglarge.174899E0-4AC3-4D6C-9FA9-715327FE9CF7.jpeg

• Like 1

Could be pure coincidence but my best yield was from "monster cropping". Think it was 38 or 39oz of granola funk and more cowbell. Remember being annoyed with how ugly they was growing for a while. Thought I was overwatering too but they just grew abit mutant and looked that way.

On 17/12/2021 at 5:35 PM, ratdog said:

i had to google this lol

i would love to see someone do this as it sounds like a right ball ache to me tbh

ive done this before

it is a massive ball ache...quicker planting more beans, unless you have something special to preserve imho, that you didnt take a cut of.

it also takes a lot more than an extra week over clones. ime.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3
On 17/12/2021 at 6:39 PM, HazyDaze said:

I'm not fussed on  the term monster cropping, it's not set in stone that a plant will respond the way  you expect it too, some do indeed grow all freakish and throw silly amount of spindly branches, but most plants with the care they get and need  for the reveg revert back to normal growth by time you're ready to do anything with them, and sometimes they can get in such a mess youd not want to flower them out, it gets to a point with some you'd rather take a fresh clone from it when normal growth  resumes and get a nice healthy plant to carry on with. For me anyway. 

I only do it to save plants I dont want to lose.

In other words, dont waste you're  time unless you have to save a plant you really dont want to lose.

Here's a current one I'm revegging  taken late into flower that you could say is monsteringlol

large.20211217_181424.jpg

That's why I'm trying to do this has the plant is amazing and its massive so trying not to lose her and hopefully one at least will root I have never tried it before but seeing the original plant that I thought was a auto but wasn't so she's in a tiny 5litre pot yet 5 weeks flowering and she's massive and so its worth a try to see if I can get a second go I will keep you updated with what happens happy growing 

• Like 1
On 17/12/2021 at 4:23 PM, MindSoup said:

Thats the answer I was hoping for, I'll probably take a cut from this and keep that as the mum, be a bit easier to keep it tidy. 

large.PXL_20211211_124439327_compress41.jpg

You cant take a cutting from this it won't work sorry to say you have to monster cropp again you can't make a mum out of them

On 17/12/2021 at 4:15 PM, MindSoup said:

@HazyDaze if I use this reveged cutting as a mother, will all the cuttings that come from her also grow monster/extra bushy? 

Didn't think you can use the cutting has a mum??? Confused me now 

very interesting thread,.. i'm new to growing weed but have much experience under my belt with growing various fruit and veg, cultivating & rooting cuttings and so on,.. my first weed grow appears to be coming on nicely although i went way over on the veg cycle lasting 159 days on a 19/5 - felt compelled to do this as my growing temps were and still are a bit low 18 - 21C is best i can manage atm in my tent... only have 5 plants, well 4 as i'm certain i'm going to lose the trainwreck, a wreck she is,.. she didn't like the flip to 12/12,.. responded badly and she's dying,... the others are doing great, stretching out and such,.. but to get to the point i trimmed my NL plant (lollipop fashion) on 01/12 day 170,.. she already had clumps of pistils forming 11 days into the 12/12 cycle when i saved the cut bits and rooted them but then i thought maybe they may not take as i should have done this while mum was still in the veg state,... but it seems from reading some posts on this thread i may be ok... taking cuttings when the mother plant is in flower, and wondering whether the cuttings will revert back to veg or get confused and perish is something i've been pondering over for a while;... my rooting method is a bit of a faff but it works for me,..has done for years with all my other stuff,.. here's a link to rooting in sand to prevent rot,.. i have had issues popping cuttings directly into soil,.. they don't always take,.. it's a race against time for the plant to produce roots before infection sets in,.. with sterile sand you can't really go wrong.

Edited by KevL