Hi I have a big flowering plant that's 5 weeks into flowering and I have taken some cutting to try monster cropping not cos I want to but cos I don't want to lose the strain if possible has shes doing amazing any help will mean alot thanks 

Edited by Owderb

Ahh 'cropping' lol right, I'd say, mysel, taking cuttings from a 5 week bloomer might not be ideal, I think you should think more along the lines of some kind of reveg after you cropped, 

2P in

DJ....

• Like 4
Just now, fatboy77 said:

Monster cropped at 6 weeks bloom.  Reveg will probably take a while, but she rooted in 11 days. 

large.IMG_20211207_131535.jpg

so you monster cropped or just took a cut at 6 weeks?, i'm confused as to what's "monster cropping"

i've taken cuts well late, rooted and revegged, grown out and then flowered, but it wasn't what i would call monster, just a regular plant

• Like 3

I'm not fussed on  the term monster cropping, it's not set in stone that a plant will respond the way  you expect it too, some do indeed grow all freakish and throw silly amount of spindly branches, but most plants with the care they get and need  for the reveg revert back to normal growth by time you're ready to do anything with them, and sometimes they can get in such a mess youd not want to flower them out, it gets to a point with some you'd rather take a fresh clone from it when normal growth  resumes and get a nice healthy plant to carry on with. For me anyway. 

I only do it to save plants I dont want to lose.

In other words, dont waste you're  time unless you have to save a plant you really dont want to lose.

Here's a current one I'm revegging  taken late into flower that you could say is monsteringlol

large.20211217_181424.jpg

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 6
Just now, HazyDaze said:

and throw silly amount of spindly branches

so that's what they are on about, i see now, and i've had that but never thought it was helpful

tbh i would rather train a cutting properly/ or even scrog it

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, ratdog said:

so you monster cropped or just took a cut at 6 weeks? 

That is monster-cropping. 

4 minutes ago, ratdog said:

've taken cuts well late, rooted and revegged, grown out and then flowered, but it wasn't what i would call monster

large.IMG_20210523_185821.jpg

Like hazy says, bit pointless really.  I just do it if I have to because of how timing works out.