Pot Messiah tart baker

Rural Buddha

Thanks @shire This has been an interesting exercise, certainly kept me entertained over the last few months. Some brilliant grows and banter from my fellow competitors to add to the fun. I'm just happy to have got two plants to the end - hopefully :)

The P-DWC system has worked quite well, once dialled in I've really only had to keep the res topped up and adjust the timer now and again. There's been to waste, she's drunk all the feed, even the overflow in the saucer got tipped back in the res. I didn't go quite as far as wringing the J-cloth out in to the res when mopping the excess overflow off the floor though - should have got a bigger/deeper saucer :) 

Day 84 - day 36 of flower

We're definitely getting near the end - certainly for the P-DWC pot - maybe the compost pot will need a little longer.

Leaves turning yellow and P-DWC drinking a lot less. Having to reprogram the timer for the 4th time in a week as there's a good amount of overflow everyday now - down from 10 x 1 minute feeds to just 4 today.

I reckon one last 2lt mix of nutrients and I'll do a week of flush with just plain water - or much weaker feed, we'll see.

P-DWC getting some autumn colour

large.day83_p-dwc.jpg

P-DWC going over

large.day83_p-dwc_top.jpg

Compost pot at the back of the tent.

large.day83_compost.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Day 93 - day 45 of flower - chop time for P-DWC

At last I had some time and energy to spend an hour or so in 'garden'. 'Things' kept me busy over the last week and it was all I could do check that the girls had the bare minimum to hopefully stay alive.

It was obvious that the P-DWC had finished, the few fan leaves left had gone brown and crispy. Out to the conservatory, trim the dead leaves off and take a few photos. The roots have gone 'off' and stink like a sewer, not good at all! Maybe if I'd reset the pump system to drain the feed and replenish it every few hours perhaps the roots wouldn't have gone horrible. Hopefully that hasn't affected anything, the plant itself smells lovely :) 

large.day95_p-dwc_trimmed.jpg

Stinky root ball - a solid pot shaped lump of . . . .  I've got to extract the air stone and pipes from that - outside and wearing a mask I think!

large.day95_p-dwc_roots.jpg

Close up - maybe it wasn't quite ready? But it had to come down.

large.p-dwc_microscope.jpg

Hanging in the small tent. Fans on, heater off, temp around 20, got to get that down a little further.

large.day95_p-dwc_hanging.jpg

Compost pot got a bit dry, I couldn't see or reach it to water for a couple of days due to the CBG Zero Due plants smothering it - it's a jungle in the big tent! One end of it anyway :) 

large.day95_compost.jpg

• Like 9

Hey R.B

Bloody good effort with the P-DWC, never going to be easy, shame she came to a stinky end, hopefully still got some nice buds :)

On the compost one, are those bugs? I'd maybe think about getting her out before they jump ship to that tasty looking plant on the left, just a thought.

Atb

:oldtoker:

• Like 3

I've been remiss in tending the plants properly, I knew there was a light infestation of some bug or other but had pretty much forgotten about it after an initial clean-up.

Thanks @Clumsy - I have now ejected the compost pot from the big tent and will chop her this evening. Then snipped a few leaves off the CGB ZDs that had a few bugs on and then had a real good snip of side shoots and more lower leaves on the ZDs. Update in my ZD thread with beore and after photos, plus the roots as I moved the plants to different bubbler pots so they could go under the SCOPEX 680.

• Like 2

Chop time for the compost pot. Trimmed the dead leaves off and now hung with the P-DWC plant in the small tent.

I'm very happy how both grows went - it was my first time using compost and the plant survived to the end - despite a lack of attention both plants received in their last week due to external circumstances taking too much of my time and energy.

The P-DWC was a hoot :) There's scope for a slightly larger system than using King Pot pot noodle pots to achieve a DWC system in a small tent using cheap enough pumps, timers, etc. If I hadn't already invested in an IWS 'normal' R-DWC system I may well have investigated further.

large.day96_compost_chop.jpg

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

After ~10 days hanging in the small tent I've done a final trim and popped the buds in two jars. The P-DWC plant has produced just over 1/2 a far full, compost less than a 1/4 by the looks of them.

The smell from both of them is very nice when I burp the jars. Perhaps a citrusy smell - I'm fairly hopeless when it comes to recognising smells unless they're strong and obvious.

I'll post a smoke and vape report after a little more curing.

In the jars - Mr Flibble on guard duty :)

large_jars.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

After starting smoking again on New Year's Day I quit again mid-May, now I'm back to vaping using a Storz & Bickel Mighty.

Since both the P-DWC and compost plant have been curing for ~10 weeks I thought I'd give them a try - I've been vaping (and smoking) the Seedstockers Purple Punch which is very nice (link to that grow in my sig.).

The P-DWC jar has a very nice smell to it, the compost one less so. Actually only gave the P-DWC a try - I certainly got a hit from it while rewatching Hypothetical with Dara Ó Briain and Roisin Conaty 'selling' their idea to James Acaster's 'nephew'. Funny anyway, but stoned my face was hurting :) (Series 4, episode 2 - watch on Dave, UKTV or anywhere you can find it.)

I've not seen a post with who the winners were of this competition, has that been announced yet?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/06/2022 at 10:48 AM, Rural Buddha said:

I've not seen a post with who the winners were of this competition, has that been announced yet?

I'm on it now mate :yep:

I must say I was sceptical about a DWC Pot Noodle but you pulled it off :headbang:

Well done  :cheers:

Edited by Seedstockers-Mark
  • Like 6