Pot Messiah tart baker

Rural Buddha

Day 42

Compost pot looking happier, think it was lights out temps getting below 20°C that caused them to wilt. Wilt! That reminds me - I enjoyed several of Tom Sharpe's novels many years ago :)

P-DWC bushing up well, I'm going to have think about flipping them both soon. The pump system didn't really work as I hoped but now I've set it up to just run the input for 1 minute every 6 hours which is close to what it needs. I'll likely need to adjust that as she gets thirstier.

large.day42_high.jpg

large.day42.jpg

• Like 8

Day 48 - day 0 of flower.

Flipped this evening.

Compost pot back to looking sad, been struggling to keep night time temps up, now the CBG ZD have gone in to the big tent maybe the combined heaters will keep the room warmer and therefore help keep the small tent temp up - hopefully.

Got the input pump running for 1 minute every three hours during lights on (5 times) plus twice more during lights off - going to have to check that now I've flipped them - this seems to be keeping up with its needs. The digital timer is a bit of a pig to set up but now I've got me head around it it isn't so bad to configure.

large.day48.jpg

A tidy up of the lower leaves and side shoots. Humidity lower than I'd like, small humidifier not able to keep up.

large.day48_low.jpg

• Like 7

Day 52 - day 4 since flip

P-DWC roots so dense the whole plant is edging its way up out of the pot! Roots still contained in the noodle pot tho :)

Pump timer now set up to pump for 1 minute every 2 hours between 6am and 6pm, then at 9pm, midnight and 3am - ten programs per day is all the timer can do! Just ordered another one as this is not enough but 2 minutes of pumping is too much and I get an overflow. I'll use the now surplus output pump and do a 1 minute input every hour or so - more trial and error :)

Compost pot is looking perky again - they both are - think it was low temps during lights out, keeping it around 22°C and things look better. Humidity still registering a little low but plants seems happy with cheap humidifier and damp towel.

large.day52.jpg

P-DWC - the view from above.

large.day52_p-dwc.jpg

Compost pot

large.day52_compost.jpg

• Like 10

Day 59 - day 11 of flower

Things still going OK. Compost pot is only being fed with Doff Tomato feed and Doff Liquid Growmore 7-7-7. I mix up 500ml at a time with 1.5ml of the feed. I alternate between the two feeds, not mix the tom and 7-7-7 together, water the pot as needed, then mix up the other feed and so on. I see the compost pot as a trial using cheap nutrients :)

The P-DWC pot is going well too. She's becoming a heavy drinker so I've got a second digital timer set up so I can pump feed every 1½ hours during the day - may need to up this to every hour as she grows - and around every 3 hours during lights out. I find the saucer is usually full of overflow when I check on them in the morning.

The root ball of the P-DWC is solid and starting to lift the whole plant out of the noodle pot!

Compost pot stretching well

large.day59_compost.jpg

Both girls around the same height - one fat, one thin :)

large.day59_p-dwc.jpg

P-DWC top view. Should of perhaps done a little LST - but I haven't.

large.day59_p-dwc_topshot.jpg

Net pot rising up out of the noodle pot.

large.day59_p-dwc_netpot.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

The difference in the two plants :woot:

It's plain to see hydro is so rated.

Watching with interest

Stu

Indeed Stu. This is my first attempt at a 'dirt' grow. I've deliberately kept her thin, though I've not had to do much trimming to achieve this really. Both plants have had very little attention as regards nipping and trimming - I'm a) a newish grower learning stuff,  and b) pretty lazy.

• Like 3

Here we are Stu - a near solid root ball. An empty noodle pot holds 475ml of water - that's to the line between the top and the fill line, I guess around 150-200ml of feed would be what it holds at this point - based on how long I run the pump (100ml/min) and see the water near the top of the pot.

Tube by my hand is to the air stone, tubes on right are fill tubes (was input and output but that didn't work as I hoped).

@stu sleeper 20vt

large.day60_p-dwc_roots.jpg

• Like 12

Oh my!!

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you to pull off the most spectacular plant ever seen in a pot noodle pot mate.

• Like 7

Thanks Stu. Trying my best to get it to harvest. No more root shots until it comes down, I need to make something to stop the light getting in the pot if I can - thinking cap on :)

@badbillybob @stu914 - it's still alive!

• Like 4