Whatwentwrong

9 minutes ago, KingAether said:

I see, i see, thank you again. I also see this being a new obsession for a little while to try and put something together that will check soil and water PH, light, pressure, temp and humidity. If i can do that for under £50 ill be happy 

It’d cost about £50

they do starter boxes with loads of sensors but, as always, they never contain exactly what you need and const about £30 each.

so it seems like buying the best starter box and supplement it with a humidity sensor but otherwise there is a sensor for everything. Air humidity, soil humidity, water levels. Soil and water ph probes, temperature and you can get a WiFi version of the uno so you can control it all wirelessly but it’s far beyond what I could try.

• Like 2

On 20/11/2021 at 0:48 PM, KingAether said:

Maybe if we ask nice @Seedstockers-Mark will provide an average veg time for the wedding glue's to get a better idea of how long we have to work with. 

If it was me personally I'd go with a long 6-8 week veg. However that may be unrealistic due to the pot size?

2-4 weeks I would think would be perfect ;)

Let's see if anyone is crazy enough to do an extended 6-8 week veg ;)

On 25/10/2021 at 10:41 PM, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

You had better keep a close eye on this one @Seedstockers-Mark,he's bending the rules,I think we might have to install a 24hr cam to catch any funny business.

Eyes open mate :cheers:

No funny business in here  ;)

@Whatwentwrong love the approach dude and you look to be of to a very solid start. 

Good luck buddy :cheers:

Kind regards  :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Seedstockers-Mark
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, Seedstockers-Mark said:

If it was me personally I'd go with a long 6-8 week veg. However that may be unrealistic due to the pot size?

2-4 weeks I would think would be perfect ;)

Let's see if anyone is crazy enough to do an extended 6-8 week veg ;)

I'd got it in my head they where auto's :g:lol

• Like 3

Just now, KingAether said:

I'd got it in my head they where auto's :g:lol

no they’re defo photos 

I did think autos would be a good idea as it’s more like a race when they crack.

there isn’t a lot you can do with a shorto though. Can’t really top and train it so there wouldn’t be much variety in the competition. It’d really be more about who could stuff the most nutes into the plant in 10 weeks. This way you can play around a bit.

• Like 5

Alright there @Whatwentwrong

Looking good in here mate, great shout with the topping, should help them roots stretch out, what is it they say, the bigger the root something something something something. 

Anyway good luck with the rest of it:smoke:

Take it easy. Jj  

• Like 6

First, can I just say, I am not sorry about the toes.

Get over it, they’re toes.

i needed to put them in for scale (obviously you would have absolutely no idea how big the plant would be otherwise).

anyway, now you are thoroughly prepared for the horrific was that awaits you here are some photos.

it was getting bushy

large.DBA83134-3A40-49FC-AFB9-2F9D93FC42A5.jpeg

so I removed some leaves

large.F16A618D-2728-44B2-84E2-7FBFB1066153.jpeg

now it looks like this

large.9FB44206-EB60-434A-ACAE-B66596020EBB.jpeglarge.A693B88C-7822-4141-98BF-C307E18D27E5.jpeg

ive has to start feeding already as she was getting quite light but all is good

• Like 10

Just for the scale ratio, what size foot are you? lol 

Shes looking good mate, obviously doesn’t mind having her head chopped off :execute:

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

ive decided to give you a break from the two soil collectors today. Plants only, sorry.

so the training is going surprisingly well. When I say surprisingly well I mean, “wohooo it’s still alive”

Here she is anyway

large.A4278449-DD39-467F-83A6-368E3F0635A1.jpeglarge.862B0443-0CA1-4C50-B166-2F4B2ABD62BD.jpeglarge.9E36DDE3-689E-476C-9158-DF20E313BF9F.jpeg

The air noodle is certainly flying now.

she needs a name though, can’t keep calling her the air noodle it’d be like calling one of your children “the kid” it’s whole life. At some point you have start using their name.

so looking for a relevant name I’ve decided that as she has four tops I need a name that has been with the four tops. I felt Aretha was the right one from the choices available. 

Aretha the Air noodle

Aretha is looking wonderful anyway. She is getting fed each day but is still looking a bit light. Maybe taking on the four tops with such a small flower pot isn’t such a good idea but I’m confident that Aretha can handle their loads. I mean, she’s clearly a goer.

im not sure how old she is, she went in on October the 25th so about 6 weeks now, she has at least a week to veg still so this will likely get interesting.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 6

I thought that was a fucking worm, until I got to the third pic with the knot and realised it’s a wick lol 

4 very distinct tops, looks good mate.

I was thinking of doing the same, but then had the same thoughts as you, when it comes down to yield in such a small pot. Considering I’m doing 9 under 240w, I’m looking to achieve around an ounce per plant. Which should be fairly easy to achieve. Ive flowered a lot of plants in 3.5s and still managed to produce 3-4 ounce per plant. But then I’ve never flowered in anything this small so time will tell.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

I thought that was a fucking worm, until I got to the third pic with the knot and realised it’s a wick lol 

no man, that’s just a dirty lst rope. It’s tying the branch down but they always wick up the runoff and look rotten.

i have got experience getting huge kolas in little flower pots though, I have to say 

here’s one I squeezed in earlier.

large.DSC_0079.JPG

That’s a half ltr pot. The noodles hold more than that so if I can get four tops like that I’ll be happy.

Aretha’s noodle pot isn’t that tiny, king size hers is, so she should be good

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

The noodles hold more than that so if I can get four tops like that I’ll be happy.

looking fabulous www, uncle bens topping method worked great, going to be some fat colas, good luck the rest of the way brother

:cheers: 

sam

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So Aretha has turned into more of a quadcopter now

large.A59E77E0-BE20-4AB8-9C48-288587682DA8.jpeglarge.BA6D5FCE-960C-4A55-9FAF-75C00C87BB4A.jpeglarge.BBE31ADF-27BA-42EC-BF94-049101E127D4.jpeg

She wants to be flowered but she’ll have to wait a bit longer still I’m afraid.

• Like 7