Whatwentwrong

So, I binned the noodle.

i thought about it long and hard and truly felt that this was the right way to start a pot noodle competition. I had a chicken and vegetable pie instead. Quite tasty.

now to stand out from the crowd I have decided to go air noodle. Considering how small the pots are I feel it will only really make the noodle pot look cool as opposed to actually helping root the pot out. It should provide plenty of air for the roots though.

so, the noodle

large.C7E7A072-B287-4782-B009-5BBF5D27674B.jpeg

I went for the Thai green curry one as it already had some green in it I thought it may help.

second, the airing 

large.039321E4-8938-451A-B6B3-981EBDD5AA60.jpeglarge.89FD2D84-F556-42C1-9116-55EBFA6303CA.jpeg

as you can see it’s extremely well aired. 

third, the seed.

large.3BE7570B-8DF0-4EF2-90E1-FEEA1AC53FE3.jpeg

thankfully @Seedstockers-Markchose the strain so that took some pressure off me. Thanks mark. So I was left to decide which of the five to select and use. As I’m lazy, I went for the first one that came out. Job done.

finally the potting

large.B24D1FA2-C36D-4365-A2F4-120F9138270B.jpeg

As you can see, it’s in its pot. Marvellous. 

So, I feel extremely pleased with the five long minutes of truly next to nothing amounts of work I have put in to achieve such a unique growing style and I hope you all like it too.

Let’s hope the the wedding glue does (oh well, at least the pot won’t fall apart hey).

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 19

You had better keep a close eye on this one @Seedstockers-Mark,he's bending the rules,I think we might have to install a 24hr cam to catch any funny business.

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 7

I think it looks brilliant. My aussie noodle will be medium free and I will need to scrupuously retain my roots or shave them religiously. I have a stainless steel micromesh barrier.

Maybe for the airpot we could be like f1: the first time a root goes outside a line described by the normal circumference of the pot - warning........

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Newcouch said:

Maybe for the airpot we could be like f1: the first time a root goes outside a line described by the normal circumference of the pot - warning........

mate, roots can’t absorb nutrition from air. If they come out the holes they prune themselves, that’s the whole reason for air pots, air pruned roots.

16 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Best of luck with the competition and the grow :D

:yinyang:

thanks shum, although I’m upset your not in it. 13th and 14th in the sweetseeds one. I wanted another crack at it, I reckon I could have pipped you this time.

I’m definitely already the clear favourite. I mean, who else thought of using a Thai green one. My one held 117grams of noodly goodness unlike the rest. they all chose sticky rib. Only 114grams in them. 

an extra 3grams of green straight from the off. An unfair advantage I know but one they could have utilised too.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 10

Just now, Whatwentwrong said:

I’m definitely already the clear favourite. I mean, who else thought of using a Thai green one. My one held 117grams of noodly goodness unlike the rest. they all chose sticky rib. Only 114grams in them. 

an extra 3grams of green straight from the off. An unfair advantage I know but one they could have utilised too.

large.think-about-it-reece-simpson.gif

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

You had better keep a close eye on this one @Seedstockers-Mark,he's bending the rules,I think we might have to install a 24hr cam to catch any funny business.

your just jealous you didn’t think if it.

your secretly like “bollocks, looks tasty that. Wish I’d have gone for green Thai, the air pot looks decent as well”

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, TheGreenShabeenReturns said:

best of luck

don’t need luck when one has an air noodle fella.

one needs two church fulls of prayers so if you wouldn’t mind changing the “good luck” to “Dear God, please let his air noodle work” I would be very grateful.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

your just jealous you didn’t think if it.

your secretly like “bollocks, looks tasty that. Wish I’d have gone for green Thai, the air pot looks decent as well”

I put the integrity of the competition above personal glory,it's just how I roll.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

mate, roots can’t absorb nutrition from air. If they come out the holes they prune themselves, that’s the whole reason for air pots, air pruned roots.

@Whatwentwrong i am praying they can, or i am screwed.

oh hell, 3g behind; that is a damn good find. i am doubly screwed.  Lost all ready......

:pitchfork:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Newcouch said:

@Whatwentwrong i am praying they can, or i am screwed.

oh hell, 3g behind; that is a damn good find. i am doubly screwed.  Lost all ready......

:pitchfork:

I thought you were doing hydro or is it a misting system you working on

• Like 3

our heavenly father

who art in heaven

hollowed be thy name

thy kingdom come

please give whatwentwrong

the crown to be won. 

Amen

shit, fuck im on fire! 

• Like 1

Well the seedling is above ground but I had to take its shell casing off.

to be fair it looks like it’s had one taste of the noodle and decided to throw it up.

large.06AF3582-68FB-4425-AA39-957BFA246244.jpeg

it is an acquired taste the green Thai noodle. Not for the faint hearted.

It’s contents is absolutely brilliant at hiding the smell of trim in the waste bin though. No need to take the bin for a walk to a neighbours house at four in the morning if you empty one of these in after.

The smell over powers all.

• Like 10