Which wifi/bluetooth temp/humidity sensors do you use?

RUFUS HOUND

I use Govee, it does all the graphs and whatnot but I don't really bother, quick look on the phone is enough for me. It usually connects easily enough. It seems pretty accurate or at least that and the normal hygrometer seem to agree with each other. 

I think it was 15quid. 

• Like 5

@RUFUS HOUND  I spoke to the company on how to delete/reset the data as I would like to reset it every grow and they sent me a message and a diagram that shows if u take the back off where the battery is there’s two tiny pads that you are meant use a piece of wire to join them together and it should reset but it didn’t work when I tried.  

This is what they said:

The method of clearing data is: when the product is working normally, open the back cover and connect the two round metal reset points above the battery with conductive material for 5-8 seconds. After the product is restarted, the original factory settings can be restored and cleared. Previously stored data

large.532DA8A8-6D13-428C-9295-90DCF477FA4A.png

• Like 1

I've seen a fair few Air Comforts in photos all around this place, and some well-respected growers using them, so that's my plan at this point. Mine will be in a shed away from the house, so I probably won't have any connectivity other than when I go out there. So I'll have a record, but it's not like I'll be able to get minute to minute data unless I'm in the shed lol  Probably not a bad thing, or I'll be checking it every 30 seconds :doh:  

Unless someone knows a way to boost my house Wi-Fi signal to make it work in an insulated shed 30 feet away  :naughty:  Please share    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaijin said:

I've seen a fair few Air Comforts in photos all around this place, and some well-respected growers using them, so that's my plan at this point. Mine will be in a shed away from the house, so I probably won't have any connectivity other than when I go out there. So I'll have a record, but it's not like I'll be able to get minute to minute data unless I'm in the shed lol  Probably not a bad thing, or I'll be checking it every 30 seconds :doh:  

Unless someone knows a way to boost my house Wi-Fi signal to make it work in an insulated shed 30 feet away  :naughty:  Please share    

Google TP-Link TL-WPA4220KIT 2-Port Powerline Adapter WiFi Starter Kit,it'll work anywhere including your shed so long as the sheds electric link is the same as the one in your house (extension cord still works),£39.99 at Argos or £39.29 off Amazon

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 2

Thanks @kronic420 I will attempt to wipe it tonight

@Gaijin wifi and bluetooth are not the same although both are wireless

AirComfort Wireless Temperature Humidity Sensor. AirComfort will store temperature and humidity data for up to 100 days of your grow room environment. Transferred to your mobile phone via Bluetooth in a graphical view - when you are within 10 meters away.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

@Gaijin wifi and bluetooth are not the same although both are wireless

Me + Technology + Baked = confusion lol My bad 

@Rhubarb & Flustered Thanks I'll go take a look :yep: sounds like exactly what I need :D 

Just now, Gaijin said:

Me + Technology + Baked = confusion lol My bad 

@Rhubarb & Flustered Thanks I'll go take a look :yep: sounds like exactly what I need :D 

Just not if the system uses bluetooth :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

Just not if the system uses bluetooth :)

I’ll need the wifi for other things. Half the shed might end up being a bar :D  

• Like 1

Just now, Gaijin said:

I’ll need the wifi for other things. Half the shed might end up being a bar :D  

Then that's what you need mate,there are cheaper options if you have a plug in the house that's close to the shed,they work through brick so should also work through your insulation,but the one I posted would definitely work.

Google JOOWIN WiFi Booster Range Extender,they're £10 cheaper and seem to get a lot of love & if you get it off Amazon and it doesn't work you can just send it back.

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

Then that's what you need mate,there are cheaper options if you have a plug in the house that's close to the shed,they work through brick so should also work through your insulation,but the one I posted would definitely work.

Google JOOWIN WiFi Booster Range Extender,they're £10 cheaper and seem to get a lot of love & if you get it off Amazon and it doesn't work you can just send it back.

I've seen this a lot on this place: Buy cheap buy twice lol  I'll give the TP-Link a try, thank you :yep: 

Just now, Gaijin said:

I've seen this a lot on this place: Buy cheap buy twice lol  I'll give the TP-Link a try, thank you :yep: 

It's not cheap,it's just different in that it's a wifi extender,it is half the kit but was £40 when it first came out.

• Like 1

Just now, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

It's not cheap,it's just different in that it's a wifi extender,it is half the kit but was £40 when it first came out.

Ahhh gotcha. I'll do a bit of reading and see what looks best for me 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gaijin said:

My setup is in a garage and struggle to get connected to Aircomfort even in the garage. Do yourself a favour spend that extra £17 and get a Sensor push. I use to check temp etc every 10mins but put alarms on now so if anything do happen I know

• Like 2

Ive downloaded a new app for my mijia and its connection is way better than the other app - I can monitor now from the sofa

• Like 1