Which wifi/bluetooth temp/humidity sensors do you use?

RUFUS HOUND

Just generally being nosey, I am currently using a xiaomi mijia 2 which is cheap as the chips (can be had for as little as £4 each) but the range is poor approx 5 to 10m max when in the tent (presume the mylar is interfering with it, plus walls ceilings etc.

I use a non manufacturer app to log and monitor temp and humidity.

I whole heartedly recommend getting one to track your temps./humidity  - what ever make / model you use.

• Like 1

Sensor push for me bud. £50 Amazon. Does vpd if you know your leaf temps . Bluetooth range is pretty decent. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 2

cheers for the reply mate, I will have to find out what vpd is lol

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

I use an AirComfort sensor (dangling from my light) much more accurate than the digital hygrometer/thermometers you can buy, easy enough to just connect by bluetooth and check your temps and humidity

large.NEWFAN.jpg

large.03102021Temps.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NezA said:

Have a butchers at this topic I made a while back @RUFUS HOUND

After the section about the setup there's some interesting discussion about VPD that's worth perusal :yep:

cheers mate @NezA I will have look - I just happen to have an inkbird ITC 308, unused currently as I got my temps pretty steady 

Edited by RUFUS HOUND

Going to follow this closely as really interested in peoples opinions on the different options; been considering the AirComfort as a cheaper option, even £30 a pop adds up pretty quickly!

• Like 1

I've got a collection lol

My old wireless Timex one,my old one with a wired thermometer & one I've recently bought off amazon,Orion (£23,swerved the touchscreen one) with three dongles,been testing it out over the past couple of weeks and the station and dongles all show the same temp/humidity give or take 1% and .3c & also show near enough exactly the same as the timex & cheap one.

Didn't bother with one that logs the graphs as that would just be one more thing for me to obsess over.

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 3

I used to use a AirComfort but the range was absolutely crap I’m up in the loft using insulation all around the tent and could only connect to it if I was right next to the tent , I now also use the xiaomi mijia and the range is excellent I can sit in my front room and get a connection in the loft , I use two in each tent (flower and grow) and I’ve just ordered another 4 from a well know Chinese selling site for just over £10 to use around the rest of the house I rate then highly,  You can even put a password on each one so nobody else can connect to them with out the password.

• Like 4

Had a few,

Air comfort  - no range and inaccurate,

Sensor blue - okay for 1 month then even calibrating them they either stop working or so far put of range they won't calibrate 

Sensor push- great range on them, can be calibrated and as already mentioned vpd / dew point, they now do a wifi gateway for them now so you pick reading uk offsite

Govee - these are pretty good with not bad range and take 3 x AA battery where as the others are fancy watch battery etc. I got this as it's a wifi model and at the time SensorPush didn't do a gateway at the time. 

Now if you have wifi in your area and have the ££ I'd get a "theMinder" as its 1 box with 3 sensors so can get averages etc

• Like 5

If you're running a fan controller their sensors are usually pretty accurate so calibrate your sensors to that in a static room, has to be static otherwise readings can't be synced with wild variations. 

• Like 1

@kronic420 I can usually pick mine up in the hall, I dream of being able to look at it without moving from my sofa !!!

have you been able to delete those readings going back to the 70's :bong:

I have just ordered another Netatmo Healthy Home Coach which provides temperature, humidity and CO2 readings from one device straight to an app.  I use an iPhone and have moved everything possible in the haus to the Apple HomeKit platform and the Netatmo gadget works with that so it will trigger the dehumidifier to switch on or off or the heater depending on what it senses and the activations my HomeKit I set in.  My grow set up is now hydro and with the HomeKit supportings is automated.  It is early in this grow and my settings are not fully refined.

• Like 3