Whatwentwrong

Just now, Tegridy Farms said:

lol  to be fair my largest cola was the one that grew into the light.

looking forwards to it buddy

yeah mate, I just get apple when I open the drobe. 

thankfully it’ll be dry by Christmas so should have some apple pie weed for then.

im running on fumes at the minute. One more days worth of weed and then I’ll be cracking open the box of untrimmed lowers I was gonna make oil from.

found out me mate had a trim bag as well so I’m gonna have to call in a favour. Bollocks to hand trimming this lot

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 3

That’s the worst bit, when your running out whilst waiting for it to dry. I feel your pain bro.

Beautiful smell…definitely stands out from anything else I’ve ever grown.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

I’m definitely looking forwards to what @Amarillo slim brings to the table with the next generation.

Based off your and whatwentwrong's grows, I've decided to use the WL parent selected which was of a more quick compact nature.  The BLR already brings so much stretchiness and vigour to the table, that really crossing to the more Skunk leaning WL wouldn't make much sense for making these more suitable for indoor (which is quite a big reason for using WL in the first place).  

The BLR I've selected is on the lime/pepper/wood side, slightly 'fussy' than others and with less apical dominance...  

So the new batch should be slightly more suited to indoor growing in smaller spaces, something which your guys grows highlighted for me as slight issues with the cross.  Some other things will have also been improved, but more minor traits.  I should think that the new batch will also be generally more stable (uniform).  But time will tell...  

@Whatwentwrong those are some great leg size flowers there.  Thanks for growing such a beast and all the pics and feedback.. Glad you are happy with it and have plenty of nice bud in time for Xmas...  Look forward to hearing the main harvest smokes once fully dry...  Cheers 

• Like 1

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

those are some great leg size flowers there.  Thanks for growing such a beast and all the pics and feedback.. Glad you are happy with it and have plenty of nice bud in time for Xmas...  Look forward to hearing the main harvest smokes once fully dry...  Cheers 

thanks mate, 

she can get big as you know so bringing in more of the WL would be an idea.

the taste is something else though. On par with Zkittlez for how the taste just stands out and lasts the whole spliff. there is a variety in the taste which goes from apple pie to a lime meringue. I had some hits on the last spliff that definitely had a meringue taste, really unmissable.  

I checked the clone and that is having some difficulties as in one branch grew into the light and you could see light bleaching on some of the fans. That said the bugs on that plant are far more dense than the ones from the drobe. I’ll photo it later, it isn’t pretty but the buds are in perfect condition.

When I run her again she’ll be trained, put under the more powerful light but with it at a distance, maybe a bigger pot even though I would try and keep the same size plant (bigger root ball should help keep her well fed as she was big) and I think I would control the nutrients more increasing the bloom higher from week 5 onwards as well as using the PK booster. That or amend the soil quite heavily and feed as normal.

i am smoking it now though. It’s gonna be my day smoke for a while, nice, potent but not couch locky, the lime tastes ok with tooth paste. The taste stays though, so if you have a spliff now you’ll still have an after taste of lime for up to an hour after. Nice day flavour, think of it like that energising shower gel that makes your balls tingle, but for your mouth, a pallet cleanser if you will.  

Expect to start giggling like an idiot too though lol.

happy, refreshing, insanely flavourful weed.

thank a lot @Amarillo slim 

(bucket list weed number one BLR, tick)

• Like 3

On 16/12/2021 at 5:12 PM, Whatwentwrong said:

the taste is something else though. On par with Zkittlez for how the taste just stands out and lasts the whole spliff. there is a variety in the taste which goes from apple pie to a lime meringue. I had some hits on the last spliff that definitely had a meringue taste, really unmissable.  

Thanks for the description, really invaluable as testing the final product is the one thing I can't do...  

I checked the clone and that is having some difficulties as in one branch grew into the light and you could see light bleaching on some of the fans. That said the bugs on that plant are far more dense than the ones from the drobe. I’ll photo it later, it isn’t pretty but the buds are in perfect condition.

Keep an eye out for any male parts.  Had a dutch grower report back recently that he found a couple male flowers in early flower, picked them off and no probs.  This is only case I've heard so far with these, but I could imagine under lots of stress you could potentially see something.  

think of it like that energising shower gel that makes your balls tingle, but for your mouth,

lol

Expect to start giggling like an idiot too though lol.

happy, refreshing, insanely flavourful weed.

thank a lot @Amarillo slim 

Sounds great ! 

No worries, glad you're enjoying it :hippy:

• Like 1