Whatwentwrong

Today I’ll be starting Lime Lock by Alfemco (The All Female Seed Company).

As has been mentioned in other threads the parents are the world renowned black lime reserve. I had heard mention of this strain everywhere but like a lot of the older lines the seeds where non existent. The breeders who make this strain are aficionado they also make pancakez which is also on the bucket list, plus they package their seeds in the fanciest boxes ever. 

then we have warlock, I had not heard of this strain before learning of this cross but it sounds a worthwhile smoke. Indica dominant skunky type strain which has the added benefit of being known to help adhd sufferers which for me personally is a bonus. 

Growing traits of the parents, the black lime reserve strain could grow large, very large, and the warlock being indica leaning grows a large main but seemingly equally as large colas on secondary branches. Looking at the photo @Amarillo slim posted previously in the new strain thread. It really does look like both of those qualities were married together perfectly. The plant seemed to have the bushier extra branch structure of the black lime reserve yet they all had a cola that looked as big and dense as the warlocks so I really can’t wait to grow this strain. The taste is supposed to have blended into a sour apple taste which sounds awesome. Never had an apple strain before.

i have seven beans so if all pop I’m going to be running them all in slightly different ways. To begin with I’m going to grow two in the tent to see how they run no training just some strategic leaf removal to allow the side branching to develop. Then a flip when they are around 40/50 cm tall (I find I grow a plant far better the second time than the first). Then when my drobe is clear I will be manifolding one and growing it in a small space and when the two in the drobe are finished, depending on how they run, either the four left in 6ltr again to get a scrog going or if they do grow as expected then maybe just putting a single in an 11 litre.

for now though, the two beans are having a swim until the morning. 

large.64D6BC16-BFF3-40FC-BE7E-219E95738E89.jpeglarge.1A8A9011-095C-49BE-ADF8-C3BEF24EF90D.jpeg

they’ll get dirty again in the morning and I’ll update from when they pop their head up.

thanks for creating the strain and sending them out @Amarillo slim I can’t wait to see the other crosses Alfemco are working on.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

large.DD7E7E0F-65A3-42C5-AAD5-B90224F58677.jpeg

@Tegridy Farms

sorry mate I was in family court all week arguing to see the kids.

only one out of the two popped but it’s coming along very strong. I popped some others around the same time and the vigour is nothing like the lime lock.

finally managed to order and set up a fully automated smart watering system so should be smooth sailing for her now.

i may have to put her in the drobe on her own. The lighting won’t be as great but I can’t see the other plants reaching the same height when she’ll need flipping so she may need her own space. She’ll have her own 240w of light and a different auto watering system so it should all be good. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 4

@Whatwentwrong sorry to hear that pal.

Keep them as close to the lights as you can, I made the mistake of moving them further away and within days they had nearly doubled in size.

Best plants I’ve grown in a long time. I will be taking cuts and running them again on there own, if that’s cool with you @Amarillo slim?

As we speak, I’m soaking my blumats. 

I will update my diary later tonight.

• Like 2

Just now, Tegridy Farms said:

Best plants I’ve grown in a long time. I will be taking cuts and running them again on there own, if that’s cool with you @Amarillo slim?

@Amarillo slim I’m probably gonna do the same. I’m getting fed up of poor quality weed from the unknown of seeds. If this one is decent she’s getting kept. Just managed to sort a mum/cloning area out so she’ll be the first that gets a place in it. I’ll be growing the rest out but I am gonna keep the best one.

• Like 4

Nice stuff @Whatwentwrong, nice to have some grown in different styles etc.  Excuse the non germer (storage / age related).  Be interesting to see how this lady does with all that space to herself though :smug:

Hope you get some of those sour apple flavours :yep:

• Like 4

Just a quick update, because she is going in the drobe I need to start training her so I have topped her and removed the fan leaves so all the branch tops have light. This makes the plant grow into a trophy type shape. It makes the lowers the same height as the main roughly. I need this one wider though so when the branches start growing they’ll be tied down for a bit to stretch her out.

large.FE34371A-366E-4C00-8648-557525415465.jpeg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

The lime lock is turning into a Bush now. It’s a struggle keeping up with the training as she grows fast.

ive had to stop the auto watering for now as the plant isn’t draining the water quickly and her pot is heavy.

ill be letting it dry out and then hand watering for a while.

large.D69E10E4-F68B-4DCB-BCFA-CEF7CE34AEB0.jpeglarge.12147A72-E2DC-43BB-9343-C94D94443C50.jpeg

I left two branches at the top to take as clones this week, (just waiting for her to drain and darken up, first) I’ve bought the full root it kit so only the best for her.

i know she looks a little off but all those leaves are new. They aren’t normally this big on a natural plant. It’s only because I removed the large fan leaves that she has been forced to enlarge the smaller ones that are normally hidden underneath.

anyway, it’s not like she isn’t growing as she is the fastest in the tent. She’s just telling me her soil is now empty and she either needs a pot up or some nutrients.

• Like 4

So I cloned the lime lock. I had two clones in root it cube for 5 days and decided to check for root growth and there was none. So I decided to just stick one in water and see what happened and she’s started to root after 48 hours. I’ll try a few more when the plants bigger and I’ll leave the other one in the cube to see how it goes but I have a clone for a mum now, or I will when the bump grows into a proper root.

large.77EE0225-7411-453A-A85D-DF038C558B84.jpeg

you can see the bump at the bottom like a little baby tooth.

the main plant is growing strong. She’s taken well to the training and is growing into a nice shape. She’ll be potted up into her final soon. I’ve bought bat special for the pot up so she’ll be better fed. She looks light but I think it’s the led as she is happy and growing well. Just trying to root out the pot I think.

large.F69CF230-6582-4216-A0B4-81D09BAD9D52.jpeglarge.2B96CC42-DEBC-4AB3-B575-AFEF7B0B3D0E.jpeg

my tent stinks and they’re only in veg.

• Like 4

How close are your lights? These seem fussy with too much light.

I’ve been trying to keep mine at about 750-900 PPFD.

They stink right? lol 

Edited by Tegridy Farms
  • Like 1

Yeah man, just weed the second the zip opens.

the light is a bit close. I dropped it down at the start and haven’t lifted it so I’ll get it back up tomorrow.

bloody housing association are doing a survey to see how many rooms I have. I’m not worried as the drobes are empty and have seals on so il tuck them in there for the day and drop the tent. 

it won’t be an issue. They’re here to talk about the empty room that has bunk beds and two children sleeping in. I give her the child benefit back and now they say I have too many rooms. Fucking ridiculous.

• Like 3

Just an update on her ability to root.

first, my record for rooting in soil under a normal light is 0% it’s something like 0 for 20. On the other hand, when one of my old lamps broke and I bought a cheap replacement chip the company sent out a 40,000k light instead of the 4,000k one I ordered. I didn’t have a choice but to use it. The light is unnaturally white, like paper. Anyway, under this light, using water only, I’m running on 100% success. 

I don’t know what it is, whether it’s the water or the light. If I use water and a normal 3500k light then it doesn’t root and if I use the light and root it cubes it’s still a no go. But together in three days you have roots.

large.7DE5B45C-2341-47EF-9C93-FA456C3F8656.jpeg

anyway, until clone seeds become a thing  keeping a mum is the only way to guarantee consistency in end result and  flowering times. So with this in mind Lime lock can root in three days,

I will be continuing with George my 40,000k cloning light and water (don’t change the water either, just top it up. The led chip cost £5 as well, probably about £15-£20 with a heat sink and hangers) to clone her as why buy stuff if I don’t need it, and these plants just like to throw out roots whether from seed or clone.

• Like 2

We have roots

36 hours after going into water underneath George, just 6 days after taking the cut, she has roots.

large.B85D1009-777B-4796-8C9F-E9961A3B9ED9.jpeg

It is a lot of root growth for 24 hours. 

she could go into soil now but I’m gonna leave it until tomorrow when the roots should be twice the length. I have some root it first feed which I’ll be using and my H&G bat shit special just turned up so the main plant will get potted up into an 11 litre pot with the super soil as she still looks hungry.

• Like 4

@Amarillo slim your plant stinks man.

just had the house survey done. Thank fuck they didn’t need to go into the bedroom. 

the tent is down, the plants are in two drobes. One has your lime lock and one other plant and the other has 4 in it and the small wardrobe stinks. The wardrobe has seals an everything but the stink just leaked out the vent holes.

all went well so no issues there but still.

im gonna go the bank now, buy a breakfast. Let my arse hole unclench and then re-erect the tent. I can pot up my clone and main plant up then too.

spliff first though. Definitely a spliff first.

• Like 7