Whatwentwrong

Looking good pal.

She’ll continue to stretch like crazy for another week. The smell is real, I thought perhaps the mrs had me convinced that it stinks more than it actually does. But, no, these are loud as fuck.

8 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

yeah, it’s an automated watering thing ran off a thing that works with development board things

This had me in stitches. lol 

Looking forwards to the next update.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tegridy Farms said:

Looking good pal.

She’ll continue to stretch like crazy for another week. The smell is real, I thought perhaps the mrs had me convinced that it stinks more than it actually does. But, no, these are loud as fuck.

This had me in stitches. lol 

Looking forwards to the next update.

Thanks Tegs

another week of stretch should be good The big branches are just getting through the second net so if they increase by the same again it’ll be a good fit for the drobe. the middle ones are a bit of a way off but that should mean they’ll all make it too.

• Like 1

Looking beasty,,, thats gonna be a nice sight once fully flowered...  Sorry about the stink..  I should probably have mentioned that I will not be held accountable for any nagging or incarceration that might arise lol    

• Like 3

So, starting her third week of flower

large.3E4E456A-A899-4163-838E-3FDDEBEBC907.jpeglarge.B9D879E1-9A6D-4847-8018-F5BEE61430A3.jpeglarge.B1A684E3-865E-411A-9841-46A23B7A32C5.jpeg

plenty of bud sites.

i was very lazy regarding her training and only really topped it and dragged the branches out so the tips of the main branches are quite a bit higher than the rest. Like emergents sticking out of the top of a rainforest.

I’m running out of intense nutrients soon and, well, I’m gonna try Reno next.

shes on bloom and grow at the minute until the end of the week then she’ll go to just bloom probably. I’ve bought some micro nutrients as well just to help make sure she flowers well. I’ll use a pk booster from the end of next week too.

the pine smell is easing out now and I think it’s turning into more lime type smell.

• Like 5

Just an update on the stretching.

its easily gone 2 times high already I’d say. It’s definitely reaching quite well. 

large.E04298BE-757A-41D8-9A29-D8F7E31E88C2.jpeglarge.FA7500D9-D87A-41EE-8792-97A6D4DDF2A9.jpeglarge.1768BFB2-7A0D-4274-A1A9-CAB15B78B752.jpeglarge.C71ABA30-44ED-49C5-B724-6FB99BC98F3C.jpeg

so she was half way between the nets when I flipped but obviously 

I know my canopy is uneven but that should let those main branch tops develop well. The light basically covers the whole drobe so there is a lot of side light hitting the tall emergent branches. Certainly quite a few secondary branches coming through the second net too now so that will provide support for them.

ive been angling the intake hose at the centre of the plant to try and get as much air moving through as much of the play as possible.

need to play around with the auto watering system to try and get a better programme for it. As it is it just goes on and off with the moisture level but I want it to come on for 5 seconds and then wait a few more seconds before checking the moisture.

oh well, I bought a second board so I can practice on that while this ones left on.

• Like 6

Top work mate.

Soon filled out that space dude. 
Looking like your gonna get some fat mains on her. She’ll yield well.

what sort of smells are you getting now?

47 minutes ago, Tegridy Farms said:

Top work mate.

Soon filled out that space dude. 
Looking like your gonna get some fat mains on her. She’ll yield well.

what sort of smells are you getting now?

it’s like lime Kush at the minute, the pine smell is fading as she flowers and the lime is coming out, but this is all still stem rubbing. The trichs have a full lime smell, much sweeter than the piney stem smell. But there isn’t many showing at the minute but there are a few on the top most leaves.

• Like 1

This is the spare clone of the lime lock I decided to flower it as there was no point having two.

i had to chop its main off just before flip because it would have gotten ridiculous otherwise

large.473F96F3-007F-4655-B9FF-16890D8C7E2F.jpeglarge.5DE9FDCB-99AC-490C-BD11-770BDBD8D185.jpeglarge.25CB36E3-7A32-49F1-BEA1-AAE350DD8D37.jpeg

see how big she gets

• Like 4

So, should be week 5 as far as I can make out.

shes really healthy and quite big, definitely the biggest thing ever grown in the drobe.

Her smell is pine, lime and Kush and she’s getting quite frosty.

large.9BFBC8CB-0F69-428B-AE46-DC91122B3C04.jpeglarge.A0468389-392B-4A60-A659-E439791E4D02.jpeglarge.47C85CCE-5717-4EAB-B321-38E6CA42D71A.jpeglarge.ACA4589C-1C61-44D9-87E5-EF7150478F1C.jpeglarge.834F2625-D9AE-4955-83C8-49E4E233CAB0.jpeglarge.612A9EF4-7F3C-462E-B84F-FA4447F977C6.jpeglarge.59A50656-F748-4881-850F-73086BE79182.jpeg

growing very nicely as you can see and those main tops sticking up look like they’ll end up pretty hefty. 

hope I can keep her going over the next five weeks like this and she should be tasty.

i am continuing with the grow as well as an absolute soup of other shit. I bought the remo supercharged kit as it’s a hydro formula that works on soil. The auto pump stopped working because of a bit of dirt so I am trying one made to go through pumps so along with grow it’s:

bloom

micro

astroflower

natures candy

velokelp

and small amounts of

magnifical 

she doesn’t seem to care about the high feed content. She can pull through 2 litres a day and it’s only a five litre res so I’m filling it two/three times a week. Her pot just swallowed 3.5 litres of feed without runoff which is weird as even the driest pots in the past only took 2.5 before you’d get runoff (same pots but different plants).

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 6

There’s gonna be some big tops mate :yep:

shes definitely a space consumer.

Yeah I noticed similar to mine in regards to how much more the limelock drink now that you’ve mentioned it. Definitely a thirsty girl that can handle her nutes. 

Edited by Tegridy Farms
  • Like 1

@Tegridy Farms

i think it’s because of how big she is tegs and how much she’s gonna start packing on. The ec must be high, 15ml in total Per litre. I know things like molasses only feed the soil but it’s still quite high and she shows no signs of any type of nute burn. I feel she wants more to be honest.

• Like 2

Smashing job you're doing with this lady @Whatwentwrong,  looking seriously beasty :flex:

I reckon you will pull some decent weight off her... Possibly might be worth considering chopping top colas then lowering light / lifting plant and giving an extra week or so to fatten the lowers?  

Looking forward to seeing those buds fatten up in the coming weeks... Cheers 

• Like 1

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

I reckon you will pull some decent weight off her... Possibly might be worth considering chopping top colas then lowering light / lifting plant and giving an extra week or so to fatten the lowers

harvest in two goes. It definitely makes sense. 

I don’t think I can lift her but I can chop down level when the time comes and the lights on a ratchet so I’ll drop the light instead. I gave up moving the light around in the drobe. Found it easier to get the right canopy and leave it in place. It stopped the plants fox tailing and the buds are a lot denser I think because of it but then I normally just chuck the lower buds into the hash bin as I only grow for me, and I do like hash. 

I was lazy in training this girl as in, I just didn’t really bother. I chopped at the fourth node to create 8 decent tops and I was just dragging it out as the net allowed so nothing in the centre got much light. The eight main tops haven’t half stretched though. Defo 2.5 times their starting length. A lot of the littles have come up great as well though.

i would like to take all the credit but I think this auto watering is the way forward. Can’t wait for the technology to be completely fool proof but it’s still doing a great job. They do need a daily check though as either your res will run dry or the sensor may be in a particular part that could dry out fast causing it to over water. Or it could be in a depression which stays moist longer as it reaches further down into the centre of the pot than it should meaning most the pot dries out too fast.

it is finicky to get set up right. I build a little mound for the sensor to go in. Kind I’ve make a grove channel around the pot for the water to flow around and I put the tube pump right next to the sensor pumping water to the opposite side so the water has to go around the pot to come back. But when it is set up it’s epic and if it hasn’t come on and you feel it should you just pull the sensor out and the pot gets watered until you stick it back in.

it defo isn’t perfect but it stops you ever forgetting or letting it go too dry it’ll kill the plant.

all that said, the pot had got a bit drier than it should and also been wetter than it should for a bit longer and the plant just never cared. It survives drought very well. I’ve not let the main one dry out much but the mum clone hasn’t shown a single sign of being thirsty even when it’s pot has been extremely light. I don’t know when to water by looking at the lime lock mum, it’s my rainbow road that droops first. Also the cookie and cream mum needs feed now where as the lime lock is still happy with what was in the soil. It isn’t growing much, which is what you want from your mum and is very happy under a low watt light (65w mine is).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So end of week five start of week six

shes really frosty really big and her smell has changed completely. It’s more like lime and over ripe mango maybe, I dunno. Incredibly sweet and fruity.

large.DF89EBAD-0AD7-4040-AFB3-340901D59CBA.jpeglarge.70E87BE4-26F3-4B4A-AA47-94DD623F7A8D.jpeglarge.659CEAFA-9E72-4054-8AD1-539A7A23F1D5.jpeglarge.2EEE936F-DCD4-4FBB-A26A-93512ADDD93E.jpeg

so you can see she is absolutely beasting along.

large.C9A2EA4E-F0B3-4171-A04C-BF7899A465E2.jpeglarge.91922ECB-A080-4E45-9DE1-55EAA2230197.jpeglarge.53986099-F1A2-4397-8220-E2FD7F154F28.jpeglarge.902115F9-7BEC-4C23-88CE-7BB58187E8B0.jpeg

The frost is really sticky, it has a real tart lime smell to begin with but then the much sweeter fruity smell comes in behind it. 

if each main branch turns out close to an ounce she should produce a lot. There 8 of them but a ton of lowers too. I don’t want to guess because I’ll be way out but I think I’ll be happy.

• Like 8

End of week 6

shes just putting on weight now. I think she has definitely finished stretching.

just absolute donkey dicks everywhere

large.07FF0C5E-AE4E-48CF-885C-3D3ED1DABDD4.jpeglarge.3540EC3A-F2F2-41F1-87D3-B071435066FA.jpeglarge.7F0F6FE3-994A-474E-847B-08620CC49DF0.jpeglarge.88FD27DA-90B5-4882-8C0D-FBFA6D2340FA.jpeglarge.9707C9AA-28DC-4818-848A-5196181FED80.jpeglarge.2BC91B29-42D3-42C9-853F-41DBD77D4630.jpeglarge.E7D1FC7C-C9E9-4780-8803-B08A6301D945.jpeglarge.F877D48F-D68C-4BBF-A49B-5BC568D0FE02.jpeglarge.E7D21FBA-0420-4264-94E2-A9FC1AEB7BC4.jpeg

Pictures describe her better than I can.

her smell is just dank rotten fruit at the minute. Kind of like some one has opened a juice bar in a weed farm an I’ve got stuck sitting next to it’s bin on a sunny day. I’d be worried running this in summer.

i forgot to say, it looks like she has a phosphorus deficiency so the new feed is a bit simpler from here on out. She has 1ml per ltr of grow. 4ml of bloom and 2ml of a pk booster. She’s far enough along now not to need any calmag and that can cause the issue on its own. It’s not a big deficiency, it’s showing on some older fans so I’ll just monitor it. About three weeks left so shouldn’t be a problem. 

she really is packing on weight now though.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 5