Whatwentwrong

All back up and running

the cutting is rooted and potted

large.32817020-1D9E-464A-B2F1-B0B1B9B5CAFB.jpeglarge.A963FB00-931C-4768-8290-43106600AECC.jpeg

and I’ve put the main plant in her final and took a root shot first

large.9B0B3A87-6CF9-4E6C-8FED-292373530CFC.jpeglarge.1C1AA5DB-BF4F-4F70-9916-5E73F2DA5DB2.jpeg

• Like 8

She’s turned right around after the pot up.

i really think there is an infestation in the bag of light mix I was using. That or I’m still too inexperienced to use a pro type soil. One completely bare of amendments and close to inert. I’m going with the bug though since what I have done has helped.

first the plant

large.22B6BAF8-6BEB-4EAE-8AE1-AD816AC0B101.jpeglarge.DB9FC5B6-DADB-4776-BB73-B65252C47E77.jpeg

so you can see she is a beautiful green now. She was only potted up yesterday so she should get darker over the next few days. She smells and hasn’t even got pre flowers yet. When the drobe gets over 28 degrees she just hums.

she loves being trained as well. When she’s grown a bit and I’ve been able to strip the bottom to see in, I’ll be able to show just how easy she can be pulled out. Very hardy plant.

So, the plant was definitely down but so was all the other plants I had. 
when I potted up a plant with light mix I was noticing I was getting bit.

i had diatomaceous Earth so I put that on the plants I could reach.

those plants seem to be healthier than the others but were still having issues.

so I used hydrogen peroxide at 1.5ml per litre of the 9% solution I had.

this kills everything so I ordered some eco thrive biosys to replace the beneficials

I waited two waterings with the h2o2 and then when the pot dried on the second I potted up into house and garden bat special.

i then used eco thrive to replace the beneficials now I know the h2o2 is all gone.

all the plants look happier now especially this girl. She’s sat in her final pot and in the drobe. Hopefully should be straight forward now.

• Like 7

She’s had a defol and the clones are growing nicely. 

ive been able to start the automated watering again and it’s working well now. I think the previous probe wasn’t sensitive enough as it would empty the res in a day. the flat type are working perfect.

so, first. The best looking plant in the current grow. The lights in here Aren’t as powerful as the one in the tent. 2 x 120w instead of 1 x 480w.  So even though the watts per square foot are roughly the same it just doesn’t over power the plants like the big quantum board can.

large.B6A9A182-D0DC-47F5-8DC2-AE6213C697A9.jpeglarge.4E8AD27E-A88D-4077-BA89-24F6484E2483.jpeg

she does look beautiful. Growing fast now and is just about at the first net. I think another week like this while the branches grow through and I adjust them into the right holes. I’ll then let her grow upward as there is a second net above this for support. When it’s about two thirds the way between them ill flip to 12/12.

im hoping the extended veg time should boost my yield but she can stretch so it’s a gamble on how far I can get her before flip.

her clones are blasting off

large.EA9AA171-D456-49C6-BA6B-480CA8CA5ECD.jpeglarge.5A8D7119-7BF2-406D-9FB7-1AFC5820B0D3.jpeg

the first one is growing steady now. I’m gonna stick her in a bigger pot and get her in the tent to fill the gap I now have.

If she turns out nice smelly and potent she’ll be a nice mum to have. Fast, strong growing, roots really, really easy. (All my clones have rooted now but this was the quickest. Half the time of A cookie and cream clone and a third the rainbow road’s time). 

just the less interesting part of it now she’s happy, which is just leaving her to grow.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
Autocorrect
  • Like 7

Looking good in here bud :yep:

She definitely stretches, I’d say about x1.5 from once you flip. She’ll soon fill that space in no time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

Looking good in here bud :yep:

She definitely stretches, I’d say about x1.5 from once you flip. She’ll soon fill that space in no time.

thanks mate.

you can’t see the second net in those photos so I’ve dropped the pics below. I’m aiming for half way/two thirds between The nets so hopefully it’ll stick out roughly the same above the net.

large.DB878680-8883-4ABC-8873-541451A32489.jpeg

that’s the plan anyway and this is the total height

large.B1CDDEC1-4345-4B9F-9191-434EA3D91EDA.jpeg

when you top a plant they don’t nearly stretch as much but it can still get a bit big. I can move the lights up about 7” more but I find if they grow that high into the light the buds aren’t as great. The last time I flipped when the buds were through the top net the plants were too big and the buds suffered. So about 7” above the net is perfect and the plants never show any light stress.

So is it’s stretch sufficient to do 50% do you think or would you go to 66% ish before flip. I think two thirds is gonna be better. If she doubles in height then she will still be manageable but if it’s just a 50% stretch it’ll still produce and reach the right place.

wait or is it gonna end up more than double after stretch. Add another 1.5 to it height.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

Add another 1.5 to it height.

that’s what mine have done, they’ve left the gorilla behind, they just wanted to bush out.

even the ones that I kept tucking stretched like mad. In fact il go get a few pics to show you what I mean. 

• Like 1

Quick update

shes filled the lower net now so time to let her stretch upward. No more dragging her out.

large.9AE4A86A-D81A-427E-85B9-EE64CF344677.jpeg

she’s pulled through the early issues no problem, I also had a light issue for two days where the timer didn’t turn it back on so it had 9 hours of darkness for two days and hasn’t started showing any signs of stretching or starting flower. (Two days was unlikely to start it but it was still a worry). Anyway, she’s a really forgiving plant at the moment thankfully.

• Like 6

Flip day

large.2C771628-24A0-40E0-A87D-F41E32D1961C.jpeglarge.A0D919D9-29E6-49AC-BBF2-48A5BA6B2434.jpeg

I know it’s only been three days but you can see she’s grown quite a bit so she needs flipping. Timer is going to be set to turn on between 10pm and 10am as that’s the off peak electricity cost time and rates are getting ridiculous.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tegridy Farms said:

Look at the size of that trunk lol 

You’ve done a good job on her, just watch her stretch bro. :skin_up:

I know man and the way the branches are just stacked on each other. It’s made training it out so easy. The trunk should fatten up some more as she stretches. 

I’ve flipped her now, even if she doubles she’ll be well under max height. The branches don’t normally stretch as much as a main stem so it should all be ok.

• Like 2

7 days from flip

her canopy isn’t very even but it has a lot of tops

the main branches are just pushing through the second net now

large.54969371-EE78-4A4F-97D0-CF580A422FF9.jpeg

she is filling out the drobe nicely though

large.2DBB10FD-BCF6-4D9E-A736-053CD8A8C077.jpeg

She’s really vigorous. Really smells too and there is no flowers yet. Every time you open the drobe it just plows into you.

ive got the spare clone I took in the tent and the leaves on her are loud. I put two of them in the kitchen bin and it stank the kitchen out.

her stem rub is gas, pine and weed. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 4

Do you have a wee pump on the end of the clear tube that goes from the water sprayer container to the pot?

Looking great :thumsup:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Do you have a wee pump on the end of the clear tube that goes from the water sprayer container to the pot?

Looking great :thumsup:

Atb

:yinyang:

Thanks mate

yeah, it’s an automated watering thing ran off a thing that works with development board things like the raspberrypi. It has the sensor in the pot, the pump and a relay switch running off a usb cable. 

Aliexpress was full of them, im just fiddling around with the kits on offer before I do a post in the environment thread.

the set in the drobe only cost £5 but I upgraded the pump so £11 in total. The issue is that the moisture probes are just cut out circuit board and the foil corrodes too quickly but I’ve just found a board called an R3 which is only £4 and should allow much better moisture sensors.

I have bought a better one for the tent but I had to pull it because I had too many plants. When the autos come out and I just have photos I’ll get it back out of the cupboard 

large.FBD4FCCD-F03D-4638-948B-A16393608CEF.jpeg

this one has a fancy solenoid valve and a much better development board but cost £55.

when I have them working perfect I’ll do a set of instructions as I think they’re brilliant. Well apart from the life span of the probes but they are only £1 each and last about a month ish. The newer ones are coated so should last better.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 4

Just now, Whatwentwrong said:

yeah, it’s an automated watering thing ran off a thing that works with development board things

my ability to describe the functionality of advanced electronics is uncanny isn’t it.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 3