Good rice cooker for RSO?

Subliminal Criminal

@Gaijin

sorry to hear of your potentially concerning news. 

I would venture to guess that the only way to know if the RSO is 100% free of residual alcohol is to have it tested. If you’re THAT averse to booze, maybe avoid the RSO? I don’t KNOW but I would guess that the viscosity of the oil is enough to resist the pressure created by the iso vaporizing and leaving the solution once the amount of iso is very low. 

as others have mentioned, coconut oil is pretty simple to make and is easy enough to deal with as its solid at cool room temperature (25.6c and lower). You can add an emulsifier (look into lecithin) to make the dosed coconut oil “mix-able.”  I have friends that will add it to their coffee in the mornings. The Lecithin stops if from separation when in the presence of water.    

You can also get really rudimentary with it. When I had Covid, I just switched to eating decarb’d flower.  One gram of ground, decarb’d flower mixed into a spoon of peanut butter will get me plenty stoned. If you’re not a  very heavy consumer start lower than 1g. Maybe 0.3-0.5G to start. If you’re not familiar with edibles, be warned. It can get outta hand easily and you’ll be pretty miserable, if it does.

If you just want to get stoned without combusting the flower, that’s the most rudimentary, painless, clean way to go about it. It’s not the most pleasant flavor, but it’s very effective. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Diddy said:

For colds and stuff my goto is thus - Lemons chopped chucked in pan of water, raw garlic chopped chucked in, raw ginger same as garlic. Simmer it dont boil for 30 mins squash those lemons ...pour into glass with spoon-full of manuka honey and get it right down ya as hot as poss...enjoy the sweat and a nights kip. 

For those not avoiding alcohol a generous dash of Whiskey (cheap shit) will aid the get to sleep quickly bit. Step daughter does not drink and it worked on her without the alcohol.

Ok mate. Shopping tomorrow we’ll get some of that started :yep:  Definitely doesn’t sound sound like something you’d want to sip daintily lol 

@Cajafiesta thanks mate. Potential is how we want to keep it. 
So yes, part of this is the whole RSO does some  magical things around tumours and treatment side effects and so on. I’ve not delved into it deeply as really only just getting a handle on the potential myself. 

The other part, which is the part I’d prefer to stick with, is as you say: get baked without combusting. My autocorrect would rather I get naked without combusting; go figure lol 

Sounds like I would simply need to teach myself to reliably decarb an amount and have a test run or two. I’m always good with with a little PB :D 

Oh, and no I don’t really know if minuscule amounts of alcohol in RSO would stimulate a reaction or not. I’m thinking probably not. But since this kinda exploded in mid-October, the longest I’ve gone without spending hours puking is 6 days. It was every 2-3 days for weeks. It’s slowly improving. But I’m really really tired of all the puking lol I currently don’t want any 99% sure. And I mean that with no disrespect to anyone, of course. I probably should take a look into the coconut oil option. The PB&J option might get a try tomorrow :D 

Thanks for your advice mate :yep: 

• Like 1

@Gaijin I’ve read a bit about the cancer benefits of RSO. I know a portion of what Rick claims is in topical applications. I could be mistaken, but if memory serves correctly, his first adventure with it was on his own skin cancer?  I could be remembering incorrectly, though. 

regardless, I would think that ingesting RSO and ingesting cannabis would be similar in benefit. The only variances that I can think of is concentration. Of course I’m not a scientist and I don’t know what’s happening, with regards to chemistry, when the alcohol extraction is done. 

I think you mentioned that you don’t have a bunch of dope hanging around?  If that’s the case, decarbing and eating flower is probably most logical and frugal. Making coconut oil or RSO isn’t worth the trouble unless you’ve got a fair amount of flower to use. 

I’ll say it again, if you’ve never messed with eating weed, make sure your first try is on a day where you don’t have any obligations. Everyone takes eating it differently. It’s a significantly different experience. Smoking a gram joint and eating a gram of decarb’d flower are VERY VERY different.   Start with 0.3g or so. It takes up to two hours to kick in. Don’t fuck up and eat more a half hour into it because it “isn’t working.”  

If it does get to be too much for comfort just relax. You’ll think you’re gonna have a heart attack. Some people think they’re gonna die. You’ll probably turn white and your palms will sweat. Just go lay down and try to go to sleep. It’ll pass and you’ll be perfectly fine in a couple hours.  I don’t say that to freak you out, just to give you a realistic expectation if you unknowingly over do it the first time.

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 3

Just now, KC said:

@Cajafiesta Eating a gram of decarbed flower is mental mate. I make capsules with decarbed weed and some infused mct but I think they are about 0.25g. I did 3 once, never again!!! lol 

Haha it’s definitely a hefty dose. To be fair, if I eat that amount, it’s with sub-par flower. So I’d guesstimate somewhere around 60-100mg of thc in that dose, in theory. But who knows without testing it. 

I made some 1g cookies once and ate two in one night. I woke up high as a giraffes ass the next morning. 0/10 do not recommend that. lol

myself and the dudes in my “circle” can smoke 3.5G in an evening if it’s so-so dope. We have a bit of a “frequent” habit, you could say. Hah. 

I should clarify @Gaijin that, as @KC says, 1g eaten is pretty mental. 

I’ll emphasize again, and one more time, that you definitely DO NOT want to start at 1G.  Start around 0.25-0.3 or less for the first try. Eating weed can get you properly fucked up. The two gram dose I mentioned up in this post was without a doubt intense. Visual “hallucinations” and all. 

• Like 4

I've just invested in a capsule making machine, it arrived last Tuesday and I have 200 size 0 capsules to fill, so I'm quite excited after reading these little insights into their effects. I'm gonna start with one first...:hippy:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KC said:

@Cajafiesta Eating a gram of decarbed flower is mental mate. I make capsules with decarbed weed and some infused mct but I think they are about 0.25g. I did 3 once, never again!!! lol 

lollol I'm glad you jumped in here before I got up this morning and got started lollol Whew!!!!!!! :rofl:  

Believe me guys, I have fully taken on board your point here about starting slow and being patient. But I probably would said ok, half a g to start out, what's the worse that can happen lollol 

I've also awoken to a message from a nightshift-working friend who left an envelope in the flower pot on my porch with a wee capsule in it. He said it's full of that feco oil. Just take it and the rest of your day will be just fine and dandy. You'll be fine, he says lol  So I have two, yes TWO adventure options before me today 

I dunno how you can work out tolerance, but here's kind of what I smoked. A joint for me has always been a little one skin, about 50/50 baccy/weed. I'm guessing here, but I'd say I'd smoke maybe 15 of those a day? I might be sitting outside reading in the sunshine and smoke one, then decide to roll another straight away. I'll always have one straight after food. Actually, straight after most things during the day lol And before some things too :rofl:  So I don't smoke huge great weed cigars or sit and dab g after g after g in a session; it's more like I just take what the first doobie of the day brings, then maintain that until it's time for the official end of the day sleep. Practice sleeps and planned naps don't count here :D  So I don't really know what that means in terms of tolerance. I've got mates that smoke, but I'm a bit of a solitary creature, so although we are friends and talk weed and swap weed and so on - I can't remember the last time I smoked with someone else :doh:  Who knows where my tolerance is at lol 

I'll toss a coin and let you guys know how my day proceeds. Oh wait. I'll probably be back in here trying to make sure I don't decarb the dope to oblivion lol 

Apologies @Subliminal Criminal I've totally derailed your thread. My apologies

• Like 2

@Gaijin sounds like you’re smoking a good bit. Just start slow/low and feel it out. I’d think you’ll be ok.  Plenty of info available on the google machine for decarbing. You just need flower, an oven and a sheet pan. 

enjoy the adventure 

sorry @Subliminal Criminal kinda a hijack situation happening over here. I’ll stop now. My apologies! 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:31 AM, Maesteg Cannabis Club said:

I've just invested in a capsule making machine, it arrived last Tuesday and I have 200 size 0 capsules to fill, so I'm quite excited after reading these little insights into their effects. I'm gonna start with one first...:hippy:

I made some capsules yesterday, I decarbed 3g of NL x Skunk, I filled and ate a single capsule at 11:00am, I felt really relaxed for most of the day and didn't feel the urge to vape or smoke a joint. At around 19:00 I took 2 more, in the name of science obviously, then I felt even more relaxed....this may turn into a habit...:hippy:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Maesteg Cannabis Club said:

I made some capsules yesterday, I decarbed 3g of NL x Skunk, I filled and ate a single capsule at 11:00am, I felt really relaxed for most of the day and didn't feel the urge to vape or smoke a joint. At around 19:00 I took 2 more, in the name of science obviously, then I felt even more relaxed....this may turn into a habit...:hippy:

Ahhhh. I was wondering if there'd be any urge to vape or smoke during the longer edible buzz 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gaijin said:

Ahhhh. I was wondering if there'd be any urge to vape or smoke during the longer edible buzz 

Depends on how much you eat.  If you eat enough, you wont have the urge to do a damn thing aside from sit and stare at the wall. You might take a notion to drool a little bit, but that's about it. lol

Have I mentioned to be careful about dose the first couple of times?  :rofl:

• Like 4

Just now, Cajafiesta said:

Depends on how much you eat.  If you eat enough, you wont have the urge to do a damn thing aside from sit and stare at the wall. You might take a notion to drool a little bit, but that's about it. lol

Have I mentioned to be careful about dose the first couple of times?  :rofl:

lollol 

• Like 1

Another option is to get the best quality soft hash and make rosin from it. You can decarb it and maybe try that see how you get on. I’ve used it regularly to help people who can’t get access to RSO . You may need to use more as not FECO. Good quality hash yields over 45% returns when squashed properly. It’s also non explosive lol 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

Another option is to get the best quality soft hash and make rosin from it. You can decarb it and maybe try that see how you get on. I’ve used it regularly to help people who can’t get access to RSO . You may need to use more as not FECO. Good quality hash yields over 45% returns when squashed properly. It’s also non explosive lol 

I'd love to be able to just get the best quality soft hash lollollollol