Good rice cooker for RSO?

Subliminal Criminal

6 hours ago, Gaijin said:

Morning folks :) 

I’ve recently been made aware of certain internal issues that require medical investigation,

Shit dude, fingers crossed it’s nothing major and everything’s ok !

I prefer high strength coconut oil like @hash72 has said, no alcohol, no explosions and a lot cleaner to work with than RSO.

• Like 3

Just now, LA LUNA said:

Shit dude, fingers crossed it’s nothing major and everything’s ok !

I prefer high strength coconut oil like @hash72 has said, no alcohol, no explosions and a lot cleaner to work with than RSO.

Thanks mate, appreciate the crossed bits :yep:  I must have missed the coconut oil thing totally lol Let me go re-read 

The most important step is the purge at the end. After removing the tar like oil from the rice cooker, I place mine in a metal mini saucepan and keep it in an oil bath at 120C for 20-30 mins. This will purge the remaining alcohol and decarb in 1 step. Cool thing is that you can see the decerb bubbles go from large (hexane) to tiny (Co2) then as soon as the bubbles disappear, you're ready to suck it all up using empty syringes. Happy medicating. Weed's no panacea for shrinking all tumours but if you want to chance it, 1g oil/day (hero dose) will be totally psychadelic and healing at the same time. 

In a perfect world we could buy food grade ethanol cheap but it's currently around £90/5L which isn't cheap compared to Iso from computer shops (£30/5L). Either is fine, although the former is safer, I do believe a properly purged Iso oil is the next best thing for health. Basically, if you can taste iso in the oil, you didn't purge it properly. 

• Like 3

Just now, Slippy One said:

The most important step is the purge at the end. After removing the tar like oil from the rice cooker, I place mine in a metal mini saucepan and keep it in an oil bath at 120C for 20-30 mins. This will purge the remaining alcohol and decarb in 1 step. Cool thing is that you can see the decerb bubbles go from large (hexane) to tiny (Co2) then as soon as the bubbles disappear, you're ready to suck it all up using empty syringes. Happy medicating. Weed's no panacea for shrinking all tumours but if you want to chance it, 1g oil/day (hero dose) will be totally psychadelic and healing at the same time. 

In a perfect world we could buy food grade ethanol cheap but it's currently around £90/5L which isn't cheap compared to Iso from computer shops (£30/5L). Either is fine, although the former is safer, I do believe a properly purged Iso oil is the next best thing for health. Basically, if you can taste iso in the oil, you didn't purge it properly. 

I only really started thinking about this when I caught this thread yesterday. I had been in a state of "yeah I'm going to have to change some things up here" but wasn't changing things up lol 

I'd found something about a guy named Rick Simpson, and how he made the stuff first, apparently. Because I had to Google "what is RSO?"  lol And something about I think it was a 12 week program maybe? Where you started out small, but got up to 1g per day for the last 8 weeks, or something like that. But there was no mention of your step - the purge. 

When you need to find out about something, do loads of research and then come to UK420 to verify and find out what you missed lol:wub: 

To be fair, I really can't afford to go nuts on this until I get growing myself. And then I guess it would be a good idea to find out what strains would be of the most value to grow. Seeing as I should at least be growing in a few weeks time, finally, I guess I should try and get hold of the right strain(s) ?? 

Thanks for replying mate 

• Like 2

Just now, twigs said:

@Gaijin pneumonia gave me a dark patch on me lung and i went into canna overdrive :stoned:  that was a few years ago now though :)  

Yeah I'm hoping I had pneumonia before I could store the memory lol I know I had serious measles as a very young baby. Maybe there were complications. I could ask my mum, but she's an ex-nurse and already knows I'm being looked at for the intestinal thing. I ask about pneumonia and she'll know. I don't think there's any need to worry anyone else just yet. I don't know if that's the right thing to do or not. Anyway, fingers crossed for previously survived forgotten illness :yep: 

• Like 2

@Gaijin - I had measles bad at around 18 months old, touch and go I'd survive my parents told me. They wonder if measles caused the Crohn's Disease that was diagnosed by operation when I was 12. Mum said I was a happy, normal baby up until I had the measles, I then changed and all manner of foods would upset me. Suggest to docs that they consider Crohn's for your intestinal issues, it's not an easy condition to diagnose properly.

Hope things turn out OK for you.

• Like 2

@Gaijinhappy growing, it's a shame we can't just buy the oil from a legal, reputable dispensary. Starting on 1g/day would be my method if I had a bad diagnosis, but my biggest fear is not having the health or energy left to grow my own oil, that's why I'm stockpiling the stuff in my freezer now, you never know.. 

• Like 4

Just now, Slippy One said:

@Gaijinhappy growing, it's a shame we can't just buy the oil from a legal, reputable dispensary. Starting on 1g/day would be my method if I had a bad diagnosis, but my biggest fear is not having the health or energy left to grow my own oil, that's why I'm stockpiling the stuff in my freezer now, you never know.. 

That's an exceptionally good idea :yep: Well, Unless I win the lottery, I'm not going to be holding enough dope in my hand at any point, for it to be worth trying to make anything else out of it lol I best get growing ASAP

Just now, Rural Buddha said:

@Gaijin - I had measles bad at around 18 months old, touch and go I'd survive my parents told me. They wonder if measles caused the Crohn's Disease that was diagnosed by operation when I was 12. Mum said I was a happy, normal baby up until I had the measles, I then changed and all manner of foods would upset me. Suggest to docs that they consider Crohn's for your intestinal issues, it's not an easy condition to diagnose properly.

Hope things turn out OK for you.

Thanks mate, I appreciate that. It's a hiatus hernia, coupled with Barretts oesophagus. I gave up alcohol early this year as I wasn't feeling too good. But the damage had already been done. So I'm a bit sensitive now and alcohol is now a definite no-no. Hopefully measles causes all sorts of other shit to go wrong lol 

I use the cheap two stage cooker black and Decker..

Not the safest regardless.

I never leave it where I can't see it boiling.

I have a wet towel close at hand just in case.

It ONLY HAPPENED ONCE but once was to many times lol:wallbash:

.........................Cooker was boiling away.

The two stage mechanism sees the cooker shut down when it is light in weight. No big deal if there is no solvent...

This is wear the issue is..:eek:............ The switch that accomplishes the shut down...

It makes a simple spark.................... when you shut it off manually. :idea:

So  because I was not able to finish what I started ,  I shut it down and up it went..:eek::shock::wallbash:

stubbed my toe(broke it) jumping back in shock... grabbed the wet towel and it was out...but if I didn't have the towel...things would have gone nasty in no time.

ps........not to mention I know Of a perspn who made it once INDOORS and burnt the house down.

I thought he was kidding but Nope...they said it was a grease fire and they got away with it... idiots boiling on a stove...

spark,,

kicked bucket of solvent over...............  whole kitchen............... then the house in minutes

be careful folks.

Edited by gb1
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Gaijin said:

Me and the missus have had the flu the last couple of days, with a nasty chesty cough. She went to the store to get flu pills and cough medicine. Except they don't seem to make cough medicine that doesn't have alcohol in it :doh:lol 

Google some home made cough remedies mate. Plenty without alcohol.

• Like 1

For colds and stuff my goto is thus - Lemons chopped chucked in pan of water, raw garlic chopped chucked in, raw ginger same as garlic. Simmer it dont boil for 30 mins squash those lemons ...pour into glass with spoon-full of manuka honey and get it right down ya as hot as poss...enjoy the sweat and a nights kip. 

For those not avoiding alcohol a generous dash of Whiskey (cheap shit) will aid the get to sleep quickly bit. Step daughter does not drink and it worked on her without the alcohol.

• Like 2