Good rice cooker for RSO?

Subliminal Criminal

I want to use my sweet seeds s.a.d CBD to make some RSO.

What do I need? Which rice cooker should I buy and which isopropyl alcohol?

Subs

Any rice cooker,(cheapo here) and hexol? if ive spelt it right is good or from shiny hardware 99%

• Like 2

I use Lincs ISO

Make sure you work in a well ventilated area,

preferrably outside.

Alcohol vapour can cause explosions if the conditions are right,

as well as fire.

Be safe

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Yes been there (fire outdoor) extiguishers are really handy thingslol a small desk fan to keep blowing over the open cooker is good to prevent my little inferno(lesson learnt) and i think its hexon not hexol ?

Edited by Personunknown

ebay isopropyl alcohol.

You don't need a fancy rice cooker, just two saucepans.

fill one saucepan with water put the second saucepan into the first to create a double boiler, turn up the heat when the water is hot fill the empty saucepan with your RSO and have the alcohol bubbling away and evaporating, but the water not boiling at all.

You know that water boils at 100'c and alcohol at 78'c, so if the water is still and the alcohol is bubbling you are in the right temperature range somewhere between 80 and 99'c.

Be careful alcohol is flammable, the fumes will make you drunk if you operate in an enclosed space.

So windows open, doors open, no naked flames if you can. wear cotton clothes no synthetics and a towel by the sink just in case.

I filter my RSO through 125 mic paint filters and then through coffee filters, the paint filters catch most of the big stuff and the coffee filters get the smaller stuff.

• Like 3

Outdoors , yes static , although the cooker thermostat clicks in n out so as much a risk imho , no air flow and this set mine up in flames under a polycarb roof open lean to , still Sh*t bricks till i got the extiguisher from other end house, (great 50th b day ) lesson learnt. dont take your eyes of it .

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TheGreenShabeenReturns said:

static electricity?

No. If you do have an accident you can just run your clothing under at tap if you do have an accident wearing cotton.

If you have an accident and spill alcohol on to synthetic fibres and it catches fire, the fibres will melt onto you skin and you will be scarred for life.

With cotton you can just run outside and turn on the garden hose.

Carefull with fire extinguishers! They shoot a presurised dust or gas out of them, you don't want to spread a fire do you. A towel that is wet to extinguish any flames is probably a cheaper and safer alternitive.

This si all worst case cenario, more than likely nothing will happen and you will have some nice and tastey RSO to muddle your noggin.

• Like 5

Gas cooker here so indoors is a no go.

How many ounces of bud would I need(would trim work as well)?

How many liters of iso do I buy?

Was going to get a circuit breaker with the rice cooker, I have a Ninja foodi I could use but don't want to set that on fire so a cheap rice cooker it must be..

Subs

Edited by Subliminal Criminal
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If you do have an accident you can just run your clothing under at tap if you do have an accident

are we having different ideas as to what an accident might be at this point?

• Like 6

@Subliminal Criminal someone said and i looked it up and thought that is handier than bho because of how explosive butane is and not to mention the odd freeze burn, ouch! sorry near on a different tangent, look up "quick wash iso". Still as dangerous though tbh in some ways

Iso fumes are just as explosive as Butane and the flash point is 12 Celsius so outside or don't bother.

• Like 7

I prefer a temperature controlled distiller - similar to what Jeff uses here, with a dial for the temp (which I got from the auction site for £75) 

Read the thread as there are a few adaptations and safety concerns addressed 

And you may also find section 9.4 of @Graywolf 's lair useful for reference too 

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php

• Like 6