2021 Green(hopefully)house grow

Rustybiff

Thanks for the response fellas, I know it looks like powdery mildew now but that’s after I smudged it across the leaf/stalk. Should have photographed it before but didn’t think… It looked a lot like an insect excretion of some kind. Unless that’s what mildew looks like sometimes? Any 2p on to chop or not to chop?

Should be able to save her no problems :v:

I believe that a spray made up with baking soda or neem oil,

plus some horticultural soap should take care of it,

but that's just from a quick search. 

The main thing I think to take from noticing this, 

is that you may need to alter/increase the airflow in the growing space. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

@Shumroom hey bud, that’s great thanks for the tip, best get on top of it asap just in case then.. This is one the problems with growing in a greenhouse I’ve read, when it heats up a wee bit there are some dead spots where there’s not much of a breeze. This is all a trial year really though, many a lesson learned! Just glad there’s no rot on the NL

• Like 1

Nice shot of the trich there @Rustybiff, can really tell a lot from that, i would leave her for a bit and get those clear trichs to milk before you chop, thats the sweet spot 100% milky, it could take a week but hopefully less.

The buds will continue to swell yes, just not so noticably with smaller bud development on smaller plants, but when the leaves have faded and die off thats when they stop swelling and amber trichs are quickly produced. However, i find though the longer you push it the more chance of mold taking it, don't lose it to mold, if its humid and damp in your area recently i would be really careful of mold, i personally chop with all milky trichs or even at the stage yours look at if the weather is rain all the time. If you have no signs of mold and the plant is kept dry then why not push for all milky trichs or even on the amber side....... but you could chop her now, she looks good from now onwardslarge.ras_smokin2.gif

Respects :bong:

• Like 5

Ahhh @SubSpecies thanks so much! That’s exactly the advice I needed :) been loving your diary as I’m sure everyone else has. That Runtz looks bloody beautiful, I’ll bet you’re enjoying it.

Strangely enough it’s been quite wet but the rot has held off, maybe because the buds aren’t too dense? been checking multiple times a day anyway, ready with the secateurs. I’ll leave her for a while longer then. Thanks for dropping in dude!

• Like 1

Yeah, i was tinkin Gastropod bumba-shit, looks like slag/snail shit, an albino gastropod i wonder? maybe it swallowed a lump of perlite and theres the result after a... interesting digest lol

However, theres one ting that strikes me and could tell me different, its that leaf at the bottom of the pic, it has defiantly been eaten and whatever it is has left a powder mess, or powdery mildew has formed on the damage and has spread, i would maybe remove that leaf blade and gently and lightly run a lighter over that white powder on the branch if you haven't touched it, if you haven't touched it the don't, jus burn it as it is, if you have removed it.. burn it still, of course not to damage the stem, just kill the spores if it is mildew, and perhaps grab some horticultural fungicidal soap just as a precautionary measure as if there is a mad outbreak it could be hard to control and you will need to act fast. Jus in case, i had it once years ago, it can spread bad if you have it on your fingers and then figer your plants some more.

Good luck with whatever it is bro and i hope it ain't mildew! Jah Bless! Peace mi bredda :yinyang:

large.BBB73C27-DA14-4625-A397-97C1B9814D

Oh, but that weird white squiggly ting can't be mildew tho!? What the fuck is it haha!! I gotta know if you ever get to the bottom of it!! I lookin into it also, but so far not much luck.... maybe someone will know? Anyone out there got Dr. Degree from the Cannabis University who could help innit, i got a Diploma but ain't quite Dr yet lol

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 2

It could actually be the start of mealy bugs, a possibility, they leave a powder mess jus like that, i remember i squashed one once and it just turned into powder between my fingerss, strange tings, if it is them you need to act fast... have a look into it and watch your plant constantly as much as you can to see if you see any..... is it anywhere else on the plant or on any surrounding plants, not just ganja? :yinyang:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 3

Oh shit @SubSpecies now you’ve got me worried.. I only have a level 2 BTEC in Horticultural Cannabissary so I’m in the dark on this. The white stuff you see on the damaged leaf IS the squiggly powder shit, just after I crushed it with my finger… I’ll go out and look at the plants again, haven’t seen anything about mealy bugs before. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll let you know what I discover! Cheers buddy

• Like 2

Update, no powdery mildew and it’s different to mealybug damage so we’re all good! If only that snail knew the debate it sparked by taking a dump… 

• Like 3

Good news so far, i appreciate the update :yinyang:

Indeed, that must be a perlte dump! an the snail must have had it all around its moosh when chomping on the leaf, unless its on coke Scarface style lol messy tingz those slimballs! But do keep a close eye on tingz juusss in case large.ras_wink.gif

Bless UP Rustybiffta  large.mlg-blunt-transparent-9.png  large.pngegg(4).png

• Like 3

Cheers @SubSpecies! The perlite dump snail castings.. has organic gone too far?? Could charge a small fortune for those :toldya: better not be coke, I’m a guy that values his sleep.. Not growing all this indica for a pusherman snail to keep his stash in it

All eyes around here, too much time on my hands means multiple trips to the greenhouse daily. 

appreciate the feedback bossman, keep it real :hippy:

• Like 1

Hey guys, found this little fella camping on a plant just now, can anyone tell me what it is? It’s body is about 6mm long

large.AC2B1418-BCA1-4EC1-B7D1-4572B213AFBC.jpeg

• Like 3