Shed grow space build

Lamster67

Looks good, also must be a nice feeling to be able to forget about light leaks from holes in the tent!!

• Like 3

Ive just noticed a blue led comes on, on the main extraction temperature controller when the fan kicks in to full power,  I'm guessing blue is a no no?

I know green & red are ok but not sure about blue

Cheers Lamster 

2 hours ago, Lamster67 said:

Ive just noticed a blue led comes on, on the main extraction temperature controller when the fan kicks in to full power,  I'm guessing blue is a no no?

Cheers Lamster 

I wouldn't let any light onto flowering plants mate,

No matter what colour.

Awesome build !!!

Fry

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Giventofry said:

I wouldn't let any light onto flowering plants mate,

No matter what colour.

Awesome build !!!

Fry

I've covered it with a bit of duct tape but thinking more about it, the main extraction only kicks in to full power when the temps go over 27 with the lamp on so shouldn't be an issue, assuming we don't get a 30deg + heatwave again

Cheers Lamster 

Edited by Lamster67
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is a brilliant build :yep: very well put together. Tidy :B): should do you right.

I’m currently setting up a small tent in a shed. it wasn’t working out in the loft for me. Just too many issues and the shed option just makes more sense. 

I’m just here borrowing ideas lol But couldn’t not compliment it pal finished article is superb. 

:v: 

• Like 2

On 02/07/2021 at 7:22 PM, Lamster67 said:

Not in flower during the dark period bud, they won't flower without total darkness...

Mine have just stalled because of a couple of tiny lights, one red led on a power gang and the other a backlight on a meter.

Neither can be seen easily when lights are on and I never noticed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dweeeb said:

This is a brilliant build :yep: very well put together. Tidy :B): should do you right.

I’m currently setting up a small tent in a shed. it wasn’t working out in the loft for me. Just too many issues and the shed option just makes more sense. 

I’m just here borrowing ideas lol But couldn’t not compliment it pal finished article is superb. 

:v: 

Why thank you sir :thumsup:

One tip is to make sure your intake is from a cool shaded area....I've managed to dial in a steady 25/26 with the lamp on....the insulation keeps it in the sweet zone along with the fans etc

cheers Lamster 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stu914 said:

Not in flower during the dark period bud, they won't flower without total darkness...

Mine have just stalled because of a couple of tiny lights, one red led on a power gang and the other a backlight on a meter.

Neither can be seen easily when lights are on and I never noticed.

I've taped them up, though i have red digits on the inkbird controller....it doesn't seem to have caused any problem

large.20210802_195630_compress86.jpg

Cheers Lamster 

• Like 8

Just now, Lamster67 said:

i have red digits on the inkbird controller....it doesn't seem to have caused any problem

I'd cover them up all the same bud...just been and looked at mine and after covering the leds a couple of days ago they've kicked into flower.

I've now changed the power gang to one that has no lights so that problem won't come up again.

Just a thought...there might be some strain dependency as well...unsure.gif

Mighty fine build btw...default_thumbsup.gif

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

On 02/07/2021 at 7:22 PM, Lamster67 said:

I know green & red are ok

I've seen a couple of people say their buds closest to the red light on fans/multi plugs shoot out nanas. Probably not worth the risk fella.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I've seen a couple of people say their buds closest to the red light on fans/multi plugs shoot out nanas. Probably not worth the risk fella.

All taped up but going to manufacture a hinged dished cover at work to go over all the leccy bits

Cheers Lamster 

• Like 3

On 05/08/2021 at 10:02 AM, Lamster67 said:

Why thank you sir :thumsup:

One tip is to make sure your intake is from a cool shaded area....I've managed to dial in a steady 25/26 with the lamp on....the insulation keeps it in the sweet zone along with the fans etc

cheers Lamster 

not a problem dude :v: you’re very welcome!! 

so do you run a passive intake? Or is it active? (intake fan?) 

Im basically putting a tent in a shed lol at the moment I’ve spent pretty much all of the OT I’d saved for this I’m just waiting on some bits arriving and the missus has put a halt to project funds for now :rofl: 

the shed is feathered edge boards and not shiplap so the gaps are all around the sides I was thinking this may be enough to get fresh air in. Do you think a passive grill would be best? Thanks again pal! No doubt I’ll be back for more information theft lol  

:v: Dweeeb  

• Like 2

@dweeeb

I've got 2 passives from inside & the active vent acts as another passive when the fans off with the active intake & the main extraction also kicking into full power at 27 it rapidly cools the groom 

If you could have your tent inside an insulated space you'll have a much better chance to keep the temps down....it gets really warm inside my shed when the suns beaming down on it so run the lamp at night...the insulation also ,hopefully, will mask the heat signature from the lamp from prying eyes from above...

Cheers Lamster 

Edited by Lamster67
  • Like 2

On 08/08/2021 at 7:27 PM, Lamster67 said:

@dweeeb

I've got 2 passives from inside & the active vent acts as another passive when the fans off with the active intake & the main extraction also kicking into full power at 27 it rapidly cools the groom 

If you could have your tent inside an insulated space you'll have a much better chance to keep the temps down....it gets really warm inside my shed when the suns beaming down on it so run the lamp at night...the insulation also ,hopefully, will mask the heat signature from the lamp from prying eyes from above...

Cheers Lamster 

thanks bud. I’m looking at getting kingspan  boards or matching your insulated idea and just extract straight out I’m looking at running a cfl in veg up to a 600hps to flower. So temps are going to be an issue in flower

I’m still no where closer with power so not really started at all lol but want to Get it right so when the tents up it’s good to go. And I Hear what you say about the eyes in The sky That’s one of my concerns too. :v: safety first 

Jonny 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dweeeb said:

a 600hps to flower. So temps are going to be an issue in flower

With the right extraction & running the lamp over night you'll easily get the temps under control, i use an air cooled reflector & can't recommend them enough.

My main extraction rarely kicks in to full power because all the heat from the lamp is getting vented outside....in the winter I'll switch the intake from outside to inside the shed & vent the warm air from the lamp into the shed instead of outside

Main extraction will always vent outside to keep the humidity down.

Cheers Lamster 

Edited by Lamster67
  • Like 2