Shed grow space build

Lamster67

Morning all...finally got around to building my grow space in my shed.

Most materials used are recycled 8x4 pallets & some marine ply my neighbour was throwing away...looks a little rough around the edges at the moment but should look the dogs danglies when all painted.

Started with lining the outer skin, then a 75mm cavity with Knauff acoustic & thermal insulation then lined again with more marine ply.

When finished I will have a 900x900 main grow space & small vegging area & possibly a drying space below it....

Few pics of the progress 

large.20210531_142953_compress33.jpglarge.20210531_160459_compress90.jpglarge.20210531_181717_compress73.jpglarge.20210531_181724_compress72.jpg

large.20210531_174828_compress65.jpglarge.20210606_163656_compress28.jpglarge.20210606_172207_compress42.jpglarge.20210606_172216_compress39.jpg

• Like 13

Looks good in there bud, have a look at my shed build thread and you'll see what I've done, might give you a few tips...:yep:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stu914 said:

Looks good in there bud, have a look at my shed build thread and you'll see what I've done, might give you a few tips...:yep:

Nice, tidy looking space there stu...I've heard that growing in a shed can taint the taste, have you had any problems with 'sheddy bud'

The intake on this space will pull air in from outside with a couple of passive vents from inside, so hoping that combined with old wood will work ok

Cheers Lamster 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loftgrower said:

Looks decent mate. Will be a good little space when it's finished. 

I need to get my arse in gear & get it finished, I had last week off, planning to get stuck in & get it done, however, my wife decided that fitting a new kitchen was far more important lol

These are waiting to go in there & I've taken my tent down...:unsure:....oops lol

large.20210606_211702_compress94.jpg

Cheers Lamster 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, growinggold said:

Looking good get some 50mm insulation in and you will be golden. 

The cavity on all faces has got 75mm acoustic & thermal insulation, I'm creating a 'service area' for duct, cables, fans etc at the top so will insulate there aswell creating a double layer to hopefully sheild the heat from above

Cheers Lamster 

Edited by Lamster67
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lamster67 said:

'sheddy bud'

This could be from folk who just grow in the basic shed, if it's an insulated room in the shed I doubt you'll have a problem.

The main problem is extremes of temp (much like the loftgrowers)  I draw from outside in summer, inside in winter and haven't had any isues so far.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stu914 said:

The main problem is extremes of temp (much like the loftgrowers)  I draw from outside in summer, inside in winter and haven't had any isues so far.

Ahh...didn't think about that, but not planning on growing in deep winter, the intake will be from the fence side of the shed  (always in the shade) below the upper line of the fence for stealth.

I'll put a vent into the shed just in case though...i can just switch the duct over.

Cheers Lamster 

• Like 3

Quality work mate!!

Ive a similar area in my cellar and havent been to the dealers for well over a year.

Its paid for itself easily!!

All the best for your new groom!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lamster67 said:

..i can just switch the duct over.

Exactly what I do, shady side as well...:yep:

• Like 1

Just now, Giventofry said:

Quality work mate!!

Ive a similar area in my cellar and havent been to the dealers for well over a year.

Its paid for itself easily!!

All the best for your new groom!!

Hey fry...hope you're well mate, wish I had a cellar lol

Its a great feeling to ditch the dealer.

What have you got on the go at the moment?

Cheers Lamster 

• Like 1

Well i did have 3 months stuck at home!!

2 stardawg, black skull seeds

2 gorilla haze, real gorilla seeds

2 j herer or 2 white widdow, seedsman

All have 4 weeks left, the gorillla is fucking huge.

Cloned the stardawg and haze!!

Popped seeds yesterday too!!

Cant even remember what seeds i planted.

I look forward to see how you get on!!

All the best,

Fry.

• Like 2