Should I plan for pests?

Gaijin

Just now, BudJ said:

A mesh system will extend your wi-fi.  You plug one into your router and the others around your house (shed), which extends the wi-fi significantly.  Hotukdeals is a good place to start.

Thanks I'll go check that out now :yep:

• Like 2

On 27/04/2021 at 10:15 AM, Gaijin said:

Change clothes too. Wow. Ok. 

Definitely, 1 to protect your plants from any bugs you've picked up outside in the garden and 2 after spending time in your tent inspecting your plants you'll stink of the stuff.. believe me ive sat inside a police station 20 minutes after being in with my plants and didnt realise just how much I stunk in a non smoking air conditioned enviroment, and wear disposable gloves if you can when inspecting.

• Like 2

@GaijinJust get yourself a space suit mate and an oxygen mask and be done with it

I never knew there were folk so obsessed lol

I ought to have been flooded out with bugs then over the years :thisbig:

One bit of good advice is dont give a reason for them to have you in a police station. That will always help because they are the biggest pests :nuke: 

Owd

• Like 6

i have to live with this lol

large_pup.jpg

and the zip has broken all the way up the right hand side :ouch:

• Like 5

People spray some nasty shit for no reason it would seem.. 

Who'd have thunked it  lol

Not for me, but too each their own innit. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HazyDaze said:

People spray some nasty shit for no reason it would seem.. 

Some people spray for very good reason too. 

Yep, if needed but the op asked for precautionary action. 

just randomly spraying nasty chems for no reason is just silly isn't it. 

• Like 2

I think good advice has been given.  I grow with a few other people so I can use their space (their place, my experience, its a good deal).  One of them is a builder, who didn't spray.  My tent in the room next door is pest free.  His has been ruined by spider mites. 

Jobs, pets etc.  Things to consider.

Eta - my pal has been spraying shit in flower to try and get his crop through. 

Very happy I took precautions. 

Edited by fatboy77

I'd say a good precautionary action is to have a shower and put on clean clothes before going into your grow space, treat it like a hospital clean room, that way no pests are gonna get in on you and there's no need to pre-emptively spray nasty chemicals on your plants :) (if you're that worried about it - I think prevention is better than cure, or using a cure pre-emptively).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Just now, Boojum said:

I'd say a good precautionary action is to have a shower and put on clean clothes before going into your grow space, treat it like a hospital clean room, that way no pests are gonna get in on you and there's no need to pre-emptively spray nasty chemicals on your plants :) (if you're that worried about it - I think prevention is better than cure, or using a cure pre-emptively).

I agree completely, unfortunately that's not always possible.  Pets, jobs, disabilities all get in the way.  

Aye, I was 'ideal world' thinking. But anything you can do to lessen potential contamination is always gonna be worth doing (I'm kinda looking at if from my biology background, had aseptic technique hammered into me lol ). Even summat as simple as washing your hands and taking off your shoes and your jacket or whatever could limit potential pest invasion.

Just now, Boojum said:

Aye, I was 'ideal world' thinking.

limit potential pest invasion.

I'm going the other way soon and encourage the fucking world of top bug predators to come and hang out at my place.  I can lay on a full bug buffet, all you can eat style. 

I think the thing to recognise about indoor growing is that the conditions we create as ideal conditions for the plants are also ideal conditions for the pests that feed on the plants (with the added bonus to the pests that it's all enclosed), so once summat does get in there it's gonna be like living in paradise for them. Best not to let them get in if you can (though as you say I recognise that some folks can't, or are limited in how they can prevent it, but best to do what you can).

Edited by Boojum

5 hours ago, Owderb said:

@GaijinJust get yourself a space suit mate and an oxygen mask and be done with it

I never knew there were folk so obsessed lol

I ought to have been flooded out with bugs then over the years :thisbig:

One bit of good advice is dont give a reason for them to have you in a police station. That will always help because they are the biggest pests :nuke: 

Owd

Spacesuit *check* Oxygen *check* lollollol 

Blue pests are the worse