AVB.......... I had no idea!!!!

Ceiling Cat

11 hours ago, Crow River said:

I opened the bottle this evening, and have just started a glass of the liqueur. I poured through a tea strainer to catch any plant material. The drink has a dark reddish brown colour, and there's an aroma which has a definite cannabis profile, also somehow medicinal. It tastes surprisingly mellow, but with a fiery after kick. It's a bit like these medicinal liqueurs you get in Switzerland and Austria. Definitely a sipper not a quaffer. I'll report back later on any effects that might arise from the cannabis infusion.

Well the drink got me well and truly blasted. :D 

I had the equivalent of two double measures of spirits, but I estimate the liqueur started out at around 30% ABV, not sure what chemical processes resulted from eight months (!) of steeping cannabis in it, but may have reduced alcohol content slightly. The main effect after sipping slowly over around an hour was to make me really sleepy, and a bit unsteady on my feet when I moved about. Certainly way more powerful than just straight booze would be. I slept really well!

On the down side it doesn't taste too great, and left my tongue coated with an residue that tasted of chlorophyll and AVB. Some fizzy water and a boiled sweet banished that. 

This liqueur could probably substitute for various "bitters" when mixing a cocktail. In future I think I will treat it more like Jägermeister or similar, drink from a small shot glass rather than trying to enjoy it like brandy or whisky. 

But yeah, it works. Worth a try if you have shake, leaves, stalks, stems, and AVB kicking around and want to make something different.

• Like 3

your patience is inspirational.

I would use a food rated very high strength alcohol like polish vodka - 90+ percent; essentially a qwet wash and then add that to the alcohols you mentioned in sensible proportions.

I havent done this with cannabis, so i would wait to see if anyone says this is a terrible idea.

e2a; i make a fair amount of absynthe etc using sous vide vodka washes.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Newcouch said:

your patience is inspirational.

I would use a food rated very high strength alcohol like polish vodka - 90+ percent; essentially a qwet wash and then add that to the alcohols you mentioned in sensible proportions.

I havent done this with cannabis, so i would wait to see if anyone says this is a terrible idea.

e2a; i make a fair amount of absynthe etc using sous vide vodka washes.

Ha! Well that's the time period stated in the recipe I found on an old thread here. It was an experiment and I thought "why not"?

I did look at high strength alcohol for making some sort of Green Dragon concoction but decided to raid the supermarket shelves instead. That way I could enjoy the port, brandy and rum individually as well as making the liqueur. Whereas I don't have much use for 90% ABV Polish vodka beyond making tinctures, etc. Too strong to actually drink the stuff! :D

• Like 1

Green Dragon using 190 Everclear QWET is preferable to my tastes. I don't do alcohol so evaporate completely & just use the FECO. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been saving up my AVB for a while, my little tub was basically full. Then the other night I was baked (obvs) and accidentally knocked most of it out onto the floor. But this is the floor of my shed, and there ain't no way I'm going to scrape that shit up and eat it! Ah well. At least I'll have a good time refilling it. In terms of using it, I haven't really yet. But if I do, I'll likely just mix a load up in some Nutella or something and just chuck it down my Gregory Peck.

No real taste or mouth feel with crunchy peanut Butter. 

Prefer grinding up & making caps though. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tried making a couple of caps last night.... Fuck me woke up this morning in a right old pickle. Lovely dreamy stuff. Now I'm just wandering round the house trying to remember what I have to do today. Caps for the win 

• Like 3

@sweepy sorry mate, only just seen your Q.

I use 00 caps, normally for quality trim. I fucked up my last run, nasty smoke/vape so decarbed the lot & made caps with the bud. 

They came out at 0.4g per cap. 

4 gives a very pleasant day, kicks in after about 2 hrs and peak about 4 hrs. 

6 sit me on my arse. 

I don't have any pain or anxiety issues, purely taken for pleasure, so can't comment. 

Sleep as it tails off is sweet, deep and uninterrupted. 

Apologies again for the tardy reply. 

• Like 2