AVB.......... I had no idea!!!!

Ceiling Cat

On 30/06/2021 at 7:25 AM, Maesteg Cannabis Club said:

Breakfast of Champions! Scrambled eggs a la AVB...

large.IMG_2904.jpg

A healthy start to a sunny day:yep:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/06/2021 at 1:29 PM, Crow River said:

I've been having a look at older threads on this site and come across some interesting recipes involving brandy, absinthe, rum, etc. Even one for a kind of Jamaican cannabis liquor made by infusing a mixture of rum, brandy and port with trim and stems over a period of eight months. Quite fancy this last one I must say. If I start it soon it will be ready early 2022... :D 

So I made the Jamaican cannabis liqueur, based on an anecdotal recipe from an old thread here. 

Filled an empty 1 litre gin bottle with accumulated dried trim, leaves, stalks, stems, from recent grows, plus a few grams of AVB. The dry material came up to about the 2/3 mark. Then added the following, approximately 1/3 each by volume: ruby port, dark rum, and brandy. Screwed the cap on tight, then turned the bottle upside down a few times to let the different alcohols mix with the cannabis. Sealed the seam around the cap with electrical tape, and put in a dark cool cupboard.

Now I just need to wait eight months for it all to infuse.....I will take it out once a month and give it a shake.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 3

On 11/04/2021 at 2:00 PM, Keye said:

As in, this; does it work??

oh hell yeah gets you proper rinsed out in the mornings first coffee:skin_up:

TS

• Like 2

@Sinnerman Cheers for the reminder, i'll sleep tonight , two bags on the shelf waiting /forgotten for a week:haveadab:or a coffee night:unsure::yep:

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Personunknown said:

@Sinnerman Cheers for the reminder, i'll sleep tonight , two bags on the shelf waiting /forgotten for a week:haveadab:or a coffee night:unsure::yep:

be rude to not have both your Defoe sleep well!:skin_up:

TS

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had a gram of avb with peanutbutter tonight.  I don't usually have edibles,  but, fuck me.....strong. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I did start a separate thread in Hash/Oil preparation section, so apologies for cross-posting but thought this thread could be appropriate too.

Since I bought a new vape last year I've been soaking the glass mouthpiece in isopropyl alcohol to clean the gunk out. Out of laziness/inertia/thriftiness I never bothered to refresh the alcohol in the jar and it has turned a nice amber colour.

I've read here and elsewhere about the use of 'reclaim' to make oil using alcohol. It hadn't occurred to me earlier, or I would have cleaned with some Everclear or similar. I'm now thinking that I could continue my cleaning routine with the isopropyl, and then at some point evaporate it off to produce oil or resin. A little bit evaporates every time I open the jar anyway, but obviously I'd need a more systematic approach.

Maybe the resulting oil or resin could be used for edibles. Anyone tried this? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 19/07/2021 at 5:46 PM, Crow River said:

So I made the Jamaican cannabis liqueur, based on an anecdotal recipe from an old thread here. 

Filled an empty 1 litre gin bottle with accumulated dried trim, leaves, stalks, stems, from recent grows, plus a few grams of AVB. The dry material came up to about the 2/3 mark. Then added the following, approximately 1/3 each by volume: ruby port, dark rum, and brandy. Screwed the cap on tight, then turned the bottle upside down a few times to let the different alcohols mix with the cannabis. Sealed the seam around the cap with electrical tape, and put in a dark cool cupboard.

Now I just need to wait eight months for it all to infuse.....I will take it out once a month and give it a shake.

I opened the bottle this evening, and have just started a glass of the liqueur. I poured through a tea strainer to catch any plant material. The drink has a dark reddish brown colour, and there's an aroma which has a definite cannabis profile, also somehow medicinal. It tastes surprisingly mellow, but with a fiery after kick. It's a bit like these medicinal liqueurs you get in Switzerland and Austria. Definitely a sipper not a quaffer. I'll report back later on any effects that might arise from the cannabis infusion.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 2

On 2/16/2022 at 4:23 PM, Crow River said:

I did start a separate thread in Hash/Oil preparation section, so apologies for cross-posting but thought this thread could be appropriate too.

Since I bought a new vape last year I've been soaking the glass mouthpiece in isopropyl alcohol to clean the gunk out. Out of laziness/inertia/thriftiness I never bothered to refresh the alcohol in the jar and it has turned a nice amber colour.

I've read here and elsewhere about the use of 'reclaim' to make oil using alcohol. It hadn't occurred to me earlier, or I would have cleaned with some Everclear or similar. I'm now thinking that I could continue my cleaning routine with the isopropyl, and then at some point evaporate it off to produce oil or resin. A little bit evaporates every time I open the jar anyway, but obviously I'd need a more systematic approach.

Maybe the resulting oil or resin could be used for edibles. Anyone tried this? 

Just leave the top off the bottle, it'll all evaporate in a few weeks. You could speed up the process by introducing heat, but if you're not in a rush...

• Like 1

It's so worth the time & effort to fill capsules with AVB. 

It's fucking horrible to eat in both taste & texture, along with an unpleasant smell. If ground, it's no better. 

Ground in capsules, small, discreet, easystorage, no smell, no taste, highly portable, individual doses. Perfect. 

And like a lot of edibles, comes on slowly, hits hard & lasts well. 

Give them a go. If you don't have a capsule maker, just make a dozen by hand using a piece of cardboard with holes in to hold the capsule halves while filling. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goodbloke said:

It's fucking horrible to eat in both taste & texture, along with an unpleasant smell. 

The avb left by the flowerpot aint to bad imo. 

Just eat it with some peanut butter and your away :yep:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Just leave the top off the bottle, it'll all evaporate in a few weeks. You could speed up the process by introducing heat, but if you're not in a rush...

Yeah, reckon that's the approach I'll take. Slow but safe...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goodbloke said:

It's fucking horrible to eat in both taste & texture, along with an unpleasant smell. If ground, it's no better. 

Ground in capsules, small, discreet, easystorage, no smell, no taste, highly portable, individual doses. Perfect. 

And like a lot of edibles, comes on slowly, hits hard & lasts well. 

Give them a go. If you don't have a capsule maker, just make a dozen by hand using a piece of cardboard with holes in to hold the capsule halves while filling. 

I'm going to try putting dry AVB into capsules at some point. Want to perfect infusing olive oil first though.

• Like 2