AVB.......... I had no idea!!!!

Ceiling Cat

14 hours ago, DeltaMelter said:

Cut it into neat ribbons and then VAPE THE BAG right in the Volcano - this was a revelation for me as I was throwing the bags away like an idiot. There's gold in them there hills.

As in, this; does it work??

7 minutes ago, Keye said:

As in, this; does it work??

Yes, cut them about as thick/wide as the filling chamber, straight across the diameter of the bag. So my "ribbons" are about a half inch or so. If you wind the ribbon around a pencil you can drop it into the chamber and it will unwind and alkso make vertical space for airflow. So you don't have lots of small pieces or bits of plastic floating around. It keeps it all in the chamber and as it's pretty much pure oils that are stuck to the bag it's quite strong if your bag is old. You will need to vape it on 7-9 to get the most out of it but the taste is much better than vaped bud.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ratdog said:

i can't imagine revaping my already vaped bud

No, it isn't pleasant but serves its purpose when you've got nothing else.  Too many interruptions like property visits, electrical inspections etc have really fucked with my perpetual set-up.  I'll literally be bouncing off the walls if I've got nowt.

• Like 4

Anyone here tried eating vaped weed from the volcano.

i quite like the taste of its its got abit of sage and stuffing taste to it.

My m8 from Manc  land said it still got him stoned.Though i have ate quite abit in the past and it did jack shite to me.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hashi said:

Anyone here tried eating vaped weed from the volcano.

i quite like the taste of its its got abit of sage and stuffing taste to it.

My m8 from Manc  land said it still got him stoned.Though i have ate quite abit in the past and it did jack shite to me.

I used to eat vaped weed straight out the chamber, then I couldn't understand why I was so lethargic in the mornings!

I now try not to take any edibles after 7 pm.

• Like 4

Thats one thing i never had a old m8  who has now sadly  passed away use to call it a bud over.Though not once have i ever woke up feeling stoned.

Edited by hashi

is magic growing my own, i like to stay in a dream type stone everyday, i wake up everyday very stoned then i start again, i hardly ever have the vape out my hand, i get up middle of the night and vape, the thought of vaping already used herb/hash is sacrilege, i ingest till it runs out, will put the canna/coco in the freezer this next grow, goes bad rancid if i forget, hate throwing it away

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i use ABV for joints, when i occasionally can't access my vape, the ABV takes the place of tobacco for me, mixed fresh herb as usual; helps it burn better

only issue for me, is that ABV is very very sedating - my assumption is the increase of CBN - so having ABV on hand for night use is useful as a medical user

Edited by beep
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am currently vaping leaves and stems trimmed from my first grow while I wait for buds to dry and cure. Vaping at around 170C/338F for THC activation so much of the CBN remains in the material. The stone varies from mild to couch-lock depending on the makeup of the portion in the bowl... I find taking some Kanna beforehand amplifies the effect considerably.

Anyway I am saving my AVB in a toffee tin and once I have a few ounces plan to make oil. Can't decide on coconut or olive oil, maybe both. Both could be handy to fill capsules for oral ingestion, coconut might be better there as it sets at room temperature.

It's very much a "waste not, want not" approach to getting wasted. :D

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2021 at 8:46 PM, Ceiling Cat said:

Does anyone else do this or anything else with their AVB?

I'm going to try it with some hash that's moroccan came via spain pre lockdown seems to have dropped off the edge since the virus?

So it's over a year old 

• Like 1

AVB makes for excellent bedtime edibles when sleep's being elusive - still loads of high temp sedative and analgesic compounds present that the vape wasn't hot enough to fully extract (which is why I still enjoy combusting late at night). 

To strip the rank taste before infusing, leave it in a jar of water for three days. Strain and change water every 24 hours. 

• Like 3

:offtopic: But slightly related......

Rerunning previously used material from cooking also makes a really sedative product similar to AVB. I'm not very keen on it myself, I tried some a friend reran and it just made me want to sleep all day. He mixes it with fresh run so it's not bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KC said:

:offtopic: But slightly related......

Rerunning previously used material from cooking also makes a really sedative product similar to AVB. I'm not very keen on it myself, I tried some a friend reran and it just made me want to sleep all day. He mixes it with fresh run so it's not bad.

Yeah that sounds about right. 

I've also read that after making infused oil you can use the leftover weed pulp to make edibles or capsules. I'll try that I think, as one key use of the extra bits for me is more medicinal, to aid sleep, anxiety, etc.

I'm now imagining that you could vape your bud, use the AVB to make oil, and then use the remaining pulp to make capsules/edibles into the bargain...

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 2

On 6/9/2021 at 2:32 PM, Crow River said:

I am currently vaping leaves and stems trimmed from my first grow while I wait for buds to dry and cure. Vaping at around 170C/338F for THC activation so much of the CBN remains in the material. The stone varies from mild to couch-lock depending on the makeup of the portion in the bowl... I find taking some Kanna beforehand amplifies the effect considerably.

Anyway I am saving my AVB in a toffee tin and once I have a few ounces plan to make oil. Can't decide on coconut or olive oil, maybe both. Both could be handy to fill capsules for oral ingestion, coconut might be better there as it sets at room temperature.

It's very much a "waste not, want not" approach to getting wasted. :D

Use coconut oil, you'll get a higher extraction rate.

"So what exactly makes coconut oil better than other cooking options? It all comes down to the saturation of the fat. The higher the saturation levels, the easier it is for the fat to absorb the THC and other cannabinoids found within cannabis. Coconut oil itself is made up of 90% saturated fat. On the flip side, olive oil is made up of only 15%. With marijuana being a fat soluble item, it needs this higher fat level to ensure and effective infusion. While butter and olive oil will still do the trick, edibles made with coconut oil have a proven reputation of creating more potent, healthier products." 

• Like 2