DIY cloner

Guest anarchycamp

3 minutes ago, anarchycamp said:

@ratdog 24/25 for me mate. I'm sure there's plenty of wiggle room really!

If that's gonna be your natural temp a little heater would set it

i think it will probably go up, but i'm just happy to know it's not warming up like a fucking jaccuzi this time lol

i will get things running properly before shelling out any more for the minute, i already have cuts in party cups so can also wait for the weather to warm up, but i can either use a heater to go up or timer to go down, and the new pump seems to be giving very good coverage, so we will see

cheers :)

Well I got some more net pots and cuffs and have drilled holes for them. I’ve added an aquarium heater as well, I ran the pump overnight on its own and the water was still cold.

large.6A273814-7550-4A57-9613-77ECAC2B9AFC.jpeg

I took some clones a little while back, which I neglected dreadfully, so apologies for the quality. When my mums have more cuts to take I’ll do a fresh run. So far there is not a drop of water coming from the box. 

large.C0395614-B8AC-47E6-8015-90BC8F471D7B.jpeg

Just a final thought on the project, a 16l wham box would be a bit more compact, it’s the same dimensions just shorter :yep: 

my latest one is working well.

on for 15 mins, off for 15 mins.

200watt aquarium pump.

mj1000 pump

4 seeds straight from paper towels into collars.

been there a few days now, but nice bit of rootage

large.2.JPGlarge.1.JPG

• Like 3

11 hours ago, badbillybob said:

my latest one is working well.

on for 15 mins, off for 15 mins.

200watt aquarium pump.

mj1000 pump

Looks sweet @badbillybob did you make the sprinkler heads yourself or buy the xtream cloner heads? The 12/20 head is no more than a sprinkler, so pump requirements are small, the 40+ site cloners look like they need a bit of pressure to make the mist. Mine is not 100% water tight, I think condensation builds up where the lid sits on the box and I do get a few drops, especially if you apply pressure to the lid. 

Those shite clones I had in mine were rooted out in 4 days, they had been in the propagator for 12 days left all day when it was really hot and I seriously thought I had killed them all. Love it when a bit of homemade kit works well :yep:

• Like 1

yes this ine uses a x streme cloner sprayer on top ov some  hose which is supported by some 21mm overflow pipe, to keep it rigid..

mine also leaks slightly from one of the long sides, even though i did use some neoprene stick on stuff like draught excluder around the top of the box. the lid design allows some to bypass it, which is a pain in the ass, but i only use a cloth and ring it out every 2 days. the lid on this snaps closed at both ends. maybe if i had used thicker neoprene it would have sealed but it doesnt bother me enough to try it lol

a snap lid would work better, one which seals all the way around.

you can see the design flaw in the pic above, its webbed between the centre of the lid and the outer rim.

• Like 1

Guest anarchycamp

@badbillybob snap lids are the one really. I did similar to you with RUBs, gaffa,door seals, clamps:wallbash:

Just need a couple of drill holes to stop the water pressure forcing out the collar slots( It took me a while to figure this out)

Guest anarchycamp

Not too clued up there @stu914, I'd say off as the moisture is coming through the roots so they want to breath maybe?

I can imagine it'd get sweaty

my take on it was that because , when it was not covered, the leaves were exposed, and werent constantly moist, like they would be in a covered propogator, it forced the roots to get a move on to get outand feed the plant since it wasnt taking anything in through the leaves...and it did, but it wasnt a huge difference, maybe a couple of days quicker.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 06/04/2021 at 16:49, ratdog said:

the cuts need constant water afaik

if i had a cold garage i would keep trying

no they dont . i used to put mine on a timer, 15 mins on 15 off, because i had the same issues with the water heating up from the pump

echttt, just noticed i posted the same a coiuple of years ago on this thread, worra nugget i am.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Haha 1