DIY cloner

Guest anarchycamp

Just now, anarchycamp said:

That pump should have been fine really @ratdog ?

Oh yeah 1200L is more than suitable in there, probably in larger tubs/rubs too. I can only peek through a collar hole as it would spray the ceiling or most of the room. 

well it was warm within an hour and hitting 30+ mate, fuck knows why, i only had a couple of t5 bulbs lighting it and temps still climbed

i'm hoping a 1200 will work or i'll throw the lot in a fucking skip! lol

it was making the collars rise up out of their positions lol

Just now, ratdog said:

it was making the collars rise up out of their positions

What you built sounds like a jet wash :-)

• Like 2

Guest anarchycamp

@ratdog I think I know what it is. You need to drill a few holes in the lid,it creates a vacuum otherwise and water runs out the top.  Yeah i forgot about that Leave a collar off till the pump is running too

That should have been the last point really :wallbash:

i'm not so sure, the water was coming out from some holes so it certainly wasn't airtight mate

I was actually looking at doing mine as a "bubbleponic" setup. Small sylee. Using a small aquarium bubbler I already have.

These work by flicking tiny amounts of water from bursting bubbles. Much gentler.

I'm gonna have to get on and do it now to see how it works.

Don't think I'll be going down the @ratdog dishwasher approach :-)

• Like 1

Guest anarchycamp

@ratdog I'm surprised it wasn't airtight?

I can't see any difference to mine apart from using a little heater to set the temp and I used a black tub.

You were right about finding it hard to source the tub

Just now, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Don't think I'll be going down the @ratdog dishwasher approach

lol

I can't see any difference to mine

it was end of august so probably much warmer, and the pump is defo overkill lol

• Like 1

those bucket cloners overheat the water, ive made, used and binned them before, with maxijet 1000 pumpsand also 500litre /hr pumps

. the issue is you need a decent pump to run them, to have enough pressure for the aero fittings, which overheats the water.

unless you are running it off a timer, ive not had one work, unless it was in a freeezing garage

. i made a big one from a 84 litre tote, much better, and easier to use, with no issues. the outside temp also affects the nute temps so keep your room/tent /whatever at about 22-24 degrees, or the high water temps will mean rot will happen

• Like 1

Guest anarchycamp

This is just what works for me,I set the temp and it does the rest. It sits in my vegging tent which is about 25, also sat in the cold kitchen for one run no issues.

I only use root nutes if I've got them, even then it's a couple of ml in about 15/20L.

I'll stand behind mine any day over any other method. Only downside I've found is I don't like potting them straight to soil,so they go in jiffys first

putting them in jiffys kinda defeats the purpose of using a cloner, no?  :unsure:

i would also imagine that getting the rooted clone into a jiffy once its roots are out is pretty damned difficult, but if it works for you, thats great

Guest anarchycamp

Yeah the jiffy isnt a stage in using a cloner I know that, I just prefer taking them out at nubbins stage as opposed to rootage. Hence why I only showed pictures of proper roots. Granted I should have just left that part out.

Once you get roots do your own thang, it just gives me options to take cuts out at 3 days, 7 days whenever. 

Just using a propagator is too risky when I have no seed collection. 

Edited by anarchycamp
Rootage not footage

I use an aerocloner on a homemade repeat cycle timer and set it to - 3 secs on / 90 secs off.

I've found most folk disagree with me and have best results left on 24/7. 

:oldtoker:

large.5f5002cfb542e_19RepeatCycleTimeDelayRelay.jpg

• Like 2