Anyone using blumats in coco?

badbillybob

6 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

blumat do make them, the cut off valves that is, i ordered a couple.

Blumat Valve Hose Coupling - Bloomling UK

the 8mm inline filters are the bay of ees i ordered one last night, was a heady 3 quid..... swoon

I was gunna say, when I got all my bits (from ecothrive) I got 2 shut off valves included. It was more of a custom order than one of the multi packs as I will never need 12 carrots myself, if I get a bigger space I'll have one big living soil bed with a blusoak instead.

• Like 2

If anyone is able to translate this it looks like you can use more than one carrot in a pot, this is from the catalogue that i got in my kitlarge.20210317_130321.jpglarge.20210317_130329.jpg

• Like 2

@somelad I think someone was saying earlier in the thread that it's better to have a single sensor in a pot and use distribution drippers.

Speaking of distribution drippers, mine turned up today. Along with the new res :thumsup:

• Like 6

look what landed today. iordered the extra tank connector and little packet of fittings, only to find the same inside the box- Doh.

Still waiting for my extra drippers and line to show up, that will probably be a couple of days, but its a start. 

im going to use one carrot and 2 drippers per pot i think, im kinda looking forward to getting it set up.

large.5.JPGlarge.4.JPGlarge.3.JPGlarge.2.JPGlarge.1.JPG

• Like 9

You can definitely use more than 1 sensor in a pot. It's just that people are seeing better results using just 1 sensor. This is because there will be crossover between the output and uptake of each sensor which to some extent will cause a conflict. People water entire raised beds with just 1 carrot and a soaker hose how each person decides to configure their system will have positives and negatives. For example multiple carrots per pot has a level of redundancy that single carrots do not so if one carrot's dripper gets blocked you have another carrot that will still supply that plant to some people that will have more value than a perfectly optimal amount of water being delivered. There's always a trade off.

Edited by NezA
  • Like 6

No biggie with the extra tank connector @badbillybob with all those carrots you might decide to run an extra res somewhere else. Always good to have a spare. :yep:

Edited by NezA
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

blumat do make them, the cut off valves that is, i ordered a couple.

Blumat Valve Hose Coupling - Bloomling UK

the 8mm inline filters are the bay of ees i ordered one last night, was a heady 3 quid..... swoon

lol - Im not talking about one of those mate...Thats just the inline shut off valve, i was talking about Blumat making an inline filter, and it wouldnt be too difficult to adapt that valve right there, it would just be a few mms longer to accomodate it...- they must be new in on the flea as well, cause i tried there first and got stung bringing one in from Austria, at 9.49 inc postage, bastards they are! The item itself was a typically extortionate, £4!!!  ( lol ) the rest is shipping! Jokes aside, i dont care for the tenner, i care for the new ceiling, plastering, and I kinda like being married lol

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

look what landed today. iordered the extra tank connector and little packet of fittings, only to find the same inside the box- Doh.

Still waiting for my extra drippers and line to show up, that will probably be a couple of days, but its a start. 

im going to use one carrot and 2 drippers per pot i think, im kinda looking forward to getting it set up.

large.3.JPG

lol - i did exactly the same, bought a 2nd tank connector...I just styled my excuses out better ^^ ...by claiming to have planned the extra connector for the res for clones and veg...In reality it wasnt listed on ther parts in the box, so i bought one too for the 1.80 lollollol just to make sure...good buy though, postage is still 4.49 international, so for the 2 quid, smiling all day for its (in) consequence :D

• Like 2

@AustrianToker what does the picture wit the a,b,c say on it,

@NezA yeah i was thinking one would be better as one carrot could be working against the other one, but its handy to know that u can use more than one 

Edited by somelad
Info
  • Like 2

Im good to go too :) , changed the position of the connector to the narrow side with aquarium silicone and a plastic patch inside and out, (water pressure will do the rest) - to make the res fit in the grow room, and far enough away from the heating to not boil my nutes!

As soon as that pesky valve arrives ill be up and running as well...it seems as though these are right on trend at the moment, everyone seems to be at it lol

large.IMG_2037.jpg

large.IMG_2038.jpg

large.IMG_2039.jpg

• Like 9