upgrading an old pc

ratdog

I've got too many sound devices. HDMI audio, 2x USB audio devices (Mackie Onyx, Logitech headset), built in audio on the motherboard, and occasionally my 2nd monitor is 'chosen' as the sound source even though it has no speakers.. Grr

Quick fix in this scenario is to press the windows kep, type 'sound' and chose the correct output under 'sound settings' (and input if using as mic), as plugging things in can often override the default.

Fresh install of windows is the ultimate way to fix many bugs. :yep:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Fresh install of windows is the ultimate way to fix many bugs.

i thought it wasn't working again this morning but i must have pressed a channel button on the amplifier when i fell asleep on the couch last night lol

so still all good so no further action needed atm, but i would like to reinstall at some point as this pc is about 5-6 yo i reckon.

the sound with this new blaster card is amazing, i am tempted to get some surround sound speakers to make full use of it.

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 2

Just a word of warning, my hdd died last year, so i got someone to put in a new ssd, he had to reinstall windows too. Took me a good while to get everything working properly after that. No sound, that was easy, there was a box to tick/untick but all the graphics in my games went to shit. Skyrim was like a cloud had covered everything, Medieval 2 was in a sort of blood red background....new drivers etc i think sorted it.

I'm useless with these things. Was trying to resize a photo the other day, had to give up before the Pc went out the window.

@ratdog I bought a logictech sound sytem for mine, it's only one sub and 2 speakers but what a difference. Gaming monitors should have proper speakers surely, they're absolute shiite on mine. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, KC said:

@ratdog I bought a logictech sound sytem for mine, it's only one sub and 2 speakers but what a difference. Gaming monitors should have proper speakers surely, they're absolute shiite on mine. 

i have a decent amp, rotel ra-03 and b&w speakers so i only really need the rear/middle bits if i could integrate it all together.

i don't do gaming as such, i do play poker on ps 4 though, probably a little too overpowered for just a game like that lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KC said:

That's what I use for aw the size o the sub its a powerful wee setup :yep:

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 1