Drobe build

green_machine

That is a super cool lock @growinggold Might have to look into getting that, my only worry with it is what happens when the batteries run out? is there another way to open it apart from the card or does it remain in the open position once the batteries run out?

Greenie

I played around a with a few that was by far the best and most expensive however it's quality bit of kit u get 3 cards and yes it opens once the battery is dead. Think the battery lasts few years though. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 1

Right first time @Phoenix it is indeed Corydoras trilineatus!

I drew that quite a few years ago now and then inked it. It turned out pretty well but I am not the greatest artist.

Greenie

• Like 1

Here is a close up of the full picture.

large.Corydoras.jpg

Yeah I do love the cory catfish and keep quite a few different ones, some of my favorite fish.

Greenie

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Did you use flat white emulsion paint for the inside bud?

I think so, it is a matt white (actual shade is called orchid white, so it is slightly off white) emulsion, we had used this when re-decorating out bathroom recently and I had some about so I used it. Is this OK? I can grab some more paint and go over everything if necessary.

thanks for the help @stu914

greenie

• Like 1

I drilled the hole for the lock in the door and tested everything to make sure it fits. Looking good so far.

large.5f9700893591d_lockfittingtestresize.jpg

Just need to go and paint everything now and then it should be ready to be fitted.

greenie

• Like 5

1 hour ago, green_machine said:

. Is this OK?

That's fine bud, gloss reflects hot spots and can damage your plants...I'm sure they'll love a touch of orchid though...:yep:

The build is coming along nicely, lightproofing the door can be a bit of a chore, I've found the 'D' shaped draft excluder on the door and frame does the trick.

If that is the outside wall are you going to insulate? Makes it much easier to control temps and humidity.

Good Luck

:oldtoker:

• Like 1

I got the first coat of paint on the doors last night it looked good when I fisnihed:

large.5f97d7ecae411_Door1stcoatresize.jpg

However, when I checked on them this morning, it looks like the area around where I glued the support strip has all cracked:

large.5f97d7ed713d0_Doorcracksresize.jpg

I'm not to sure why this happened, maybe the glue wasn't dried properly? although I am a bit worried maybe there was some sort of reaction and the glue I used wasn't suitable, I used an all purpose, weatherproof wood adhesive and it does say it is suitable for painting. I guess I will just try and give it a second coat tonight and hopefully this will go on fine.

Greenie

• Like 1

Paint an glue never a good combo finish wise, but should be fine functionally. You attention to detail here mate is top.. got a feeling your going to end with beautiful drobe. 

• Like 1

I've been thinking about what stu914 said about insulation, so I thought I would put up a plan of what I intend to do and how I can maintain temperature in the drobe.

large.plans.jpg

1) The light for Mum's and clones - I had planned to use a spare aquarium LED light I had for this chamber, it is the same light I germinated and vegged my outdoor plant under earlier this year. It is a small 24w light but it is seriously bright, however the colour temperature of this light is 7500K, so very much on the blue end of the spectrum, I think this should be fine for mum's and veg but could do with other opinions on this. I do also have some t4 strip lights I could use however they lack the pwoer I would get from the LED.

2) Passive intakes - I was going to drill 2 4" passive intakes into the back of the mum chamber, there is a gap of around 3-4" behind the wardrobe before you reach the wall, this area is sort of sealed so I don't need to worry about light leaks, however, I am not sure how much air this could provide and if this would be enough.

3) black orchid axial flow intake fan - This would move fresh air from the mum chamber into the main flowering room. It is small and cheap, but  I really have no idea how good it is, but seeing as the space is quite small I hope it should be enough.

4) Secret jardin circulation fans - I have 2 of these fans from my last indoor grow and I was planning on using these for ciirculation in the drobe. I would like to mount these above the light pointing downwards so I can take advantage of any heat generated from my LED to keep my plants warm.

5) Main flowering light - Par+150

6) Metal grid or wooden trellis - I wanted to build some sort of shelf for my plants to sit on so I can keep my extraction system below this, again this should help with drawing the heat from my LED downwards. I deally this will bemade of metal, this way if I use a heat mat below the pots, this will help distibute the heat and stop temperature swings while the heat mat is off. Not sure where I will get this though so I might have to make do with wood.

7) Carbon filter - I was originally going to grab a extraction git from growell, the 4" RAM miced flow extraction kit came with a Bay6 carbon filter, my thoughts behind this was mostly cost based but I was very worrieed about the performance of this carbon ffilter and I haven't been able to find any review on it. However after seeing that the site sponsor One Tree was extending the discount they are offering UK420 memebers, I am now thinking about buying my extraction kit from them. This way I can get a carboair filter which lots of people on here use.

8)Extraction fan - System air 4"RVK - I could increase this to a 5" if necessary but not sure if this is needed in such a small space.

9) middle external panel - I would like to run an extension cord under my carpet and into the bottom of the drobe and then pass this up on the outside of the drobe (using the bottom external panel) and fix it to the brick wall by the middle external panel. this was all my electrics could be stored here and any heat generated by them would hopefully offset the colder air coming in from the brickwork.

10) bottom external panel - I will run my extraction thorugh the bottom of the drobe and try and get it as close to the venting bricks as possible.

Let me know what you think about all this, as I said this is just the plan at the moment so I can make changes as necessary.

thanks for all the help!

greenie

• Like 1

Nice work and a lot of thought going into the drobe.

Have you considered putting the mum room at the bottom, underneath the flowering chamber.  The advantage to this would be the heat from the mum room would heat the floor of the flowering room thus helping to keep those roots warm & cosy.

Good luck.

• Like 2