1st Grow Comp, Sweet seeds (2020-2021) “Tropicana Poison FV” F1.

57north

**EDIT** Change of soil and nutrients! I understand ecothrive works best in large pots ie 40L but I’m testing the water with smaller pots ie 12L. 

SWEET SEEDS GROW DIARY COMPETITION 2020-2021

• CHOICE OF STRAIN: 

Tropicanna Poison F1 Fast Version (Sweet seeds).

• GROW ENVIRONMENT :

60cm x 60cm x 140cm Tent.

• GROW LIGHT :

150w Maxibright digital ballast, 150w Sunmaster “Dual spectrum, Grow+ Photonic” Bulb.

• VENTILATION :

Standard 4” exhaust fan with standard carbon filter, 6” clip on fan.

• HOW MANY PLANTS? :

4 plants.

• LIGHT SCHEDULE :

12-12 from seed.

• HOW MANY WEEKS?:

I expect this to take approx 9.5-11 weeks, “seed to harvest”.

• GROW MEDIUM : 

Ecothrive eco life soil, 3.8L fabric pots rising to 12L fabric pots during flowering.

• NUTRIENTS : 

Evothrive - Lifecycle, biosys and charge powder nutrients.

• CURRENT STATUS:

Seeds ordered, preparing Grow room.

• ADDITIONAL COMMENTS :

This is my first official Grow diary start to finish and I am buzzing for it. I was about to pop some of crocketts “tangieland” beans which I had only just ordered but when I seen Sweet seeds were running the 7th annual competition I had to give it a try. I have always fancied trying some of Sweet seeds genetics and now here we are. Absolutely buzzing for it.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ENTERING I WILL BE SURE TO CHECK OUT ALL OF YOUR DIARIES DURING THE COURSE OF THIS COMPETITION.

NOT TO FORGET “A MASSIVE BIG UP TO SWEET SEEDS FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE” (Entering has gave me the motivation I need to bring joy and passion back to my garden). Thanks.

Stay tuned for updates to come and happy growing to everyone.

• Like 8

Welcome and good luck in the competition!

Remember, it's not the position that matters, but the result! :smokin:

Sweet smokes!
- Apolo

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sweet Seeds Apolo said:

Welcome and good luck in the competition!

Remember, it's not the position that matters, but the result! :smokin:

Sweet smokes!
- Apolo

Thanks Apolo! Much appreciated my friend.

:skin_up: 

• Like 3

large.85A929D9-8B8C-47E5-813A-1F1A0B659222.jpeglarge.88E63EDD-02F1-4051-A736-43B2AB218CB4.jpeglarge.576A0D77-F8A9-4F78-A524-B0518816D866.jpeglarge.A1262678-3F38-41D8-B8A3-3C1A25A0EDA6.jpeg

The “Tropicanna Poison” grow is now underway! 

I am absolutely astounded at the speed of delivery from Sweet seeds so it’s a massive big up to them!

Look out for Update 1, Day 1 to come later today.

I must note, it was said in my first post “this is the first time growing Sweet seeds genetics” but that was an unintentional lie haha, my memory slipped me!

I did grow Sweet Afghani Delicious some years ago, I think it was my 3rd ever crop. I grew 4 in a 1m x 1m with a 400w hps and they were beautiful in every way.

Growing was very simple, the plants did get stretchy and bushy with lots of long thin branching, with the side branching nearly as tall as the main colas “no training”.

All 4 plants grew the same, looked the same and cured/smoked the same. Solid genetics!

The harvest was nothing to write home about it but I was at entry level in terms of growing techniques and harvested 5oz of beautiful musky but sweet cured flower from the 4 plants. 

I remember my friend telling me after smoking it he was at the shop waiting in the line and he “farted” and all he could smell was the afghani, haha! 

Anyway back to the “Tropicanna Poison” now.

Happy growing and good luck to all!

:skin_up:

• Like 10

On 10/18/2020 at 10:53 PM, 57north said:

**EDIT** Change of soil and nutrients! I understand ecothrive works best in large pots ie 40L but I’m testing the water with smaller pots ie 12L. 

Im running ecothrive life cycle 300g in a 15L container alongside the biosys which helps the plant make the most of the available nutrients and has nitrogen fixing microbes. Ive managed up until now (7 weeks maybe) with 1 top dress, but she's starting to ask for more so I will be supplementing with comfrey tea from now on. Check out my diary in my signature.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Im running ecothrive life cycle 300g in a 15L container alongside the biosys which helps the plant make the most of the available nutrients and has nitrogen fixing microbes. Ive managed up until now (7 weeks maybe) with 1 top dress, but she's starting to ask for more so I will be supplementing with comfrey tea from now on. Check out my diary in my signature.

Thank you, it’s a first for me using ecolife and I’m sure your diary will provide me with very helpful information in regards to this, thanks and happy growing my friend! :skin_up:

• Like 4

Just now, 57north said:

Thank you, it’s a first for me using ecolife and I’m sure your diary will provide me with very helpful information in regards to this, thanks and happy growing my friend! :skin_up:

No worries mate

• Like 2

TROPICANNA POISON FV F1!

DAY #1

UPDATE #1 (Seed soak)

Welcome back to this grow diary everyone! 

So, as you know I received my seeds today and with much excitement I wasted no time in getting them prepared for germination.

large.608E234A-8B02-46EB-BBD7-CC127EFDB3A6.jpeg

Below is the first process “Soaking the seeds”. In order to do this I simply place the seeds into a body of distilled water.  (This is the method which I chose as it has always worked well for me but I understand there are many other good methods of germination). 

large.73FBB4B3-8810-410B-9563-F44297DFFFD1.jpeg

As as you can see from above the seeds are floating on top of the water in a plastic container. I will now place some cling film over the top of the container, I feel this helps soften the upper half of the seed shell as only the lower half is submerged in the water.

large.E58C9D98-469C-44A8-B401-ABFA210A4A1C.jpeg

Now we have the cling film over the top of the container and we wait!

The seeds will now sink “which they have done already after only a few hours”. From here I will wait for the seed to crack and produce a little white root tail.

Happy growing! 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

And we're off :D 

:yinyang:

We sure are! :skin_up:

I couldn’t believe how fast the seeds sunk. They have been harvested perfectly with nice thin shells for easy germination. I also really appreciate the fact that Sweet Seeds have put a batch date on their seed packaging!! It’s the first time I have seen a seed company do this and it’s absolutely awesome!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, growinggold said:

Good luck @57north top start!!

Things be serious now :skin_up:

Thanks mate, and good luck to yourself when you get going. I seen your question in the doubts forum. Good question! 

Stay lifted :skin_up:

• Like 4