Inkbird Environment Control Automation - VPD Made Easy!

NezA

On 10/03/2021 at 5:11 PM, pheerles said:

I signed up on this site just to be able to comment on this thread.  I'm in the US, and have a similar set up and wanted to find out how to further tune my tent.

Anyhow, running through the OP stepped automation I ran into an issue where multiple automation steps applied - for instance, when one automation rule with a temperature condition (e.g. 'less than 20C') fits, so do all the other ones above that temperature setting (e.g. 'less than 21C', 'less than 22C', and so on).  At this point it matters which automation rule is higher in the chain (I suspect this relies on priority of automation rules, and likely which rule is placed closest to the top of the list).  I discovered this because while checking the status soon after configuring these rules, I found that the current RH value did not correspond to the proper rule.  I might not be explaining this correctly, but hopefully someone can see what I'm saying.

In order to fix this, on each rule I've further defined the applicable conditions to reflect a low-hi window of temperatures - e.g. 'more than 20C', 'less than 21C', and configured the rule to only trigger when ALL conditions have been met.  It is unfortunate that there is no option for "more/less than or equal to" but seeing as how temperatures are highly mobile and don't just land haphazardly along the spectrum, this shouldn't be much of an issue.

I'm guessing it doesn't effect those that have also created single condition rules much, but hope it helps anyway.

Hmmm, guess I cannot insert/attach a photo.

I had exactly the same issue, it would adjust no problem as temperature cooled but would get stuck and stop adjusting humidity when the lights turned on, this solved the problem, thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 6:33 PM, Woozy said:

I had exactly the same issue, it would adjust no problem as temperature cooled but would get stuck and stop adjusting humidity when the lights turned on, this solved the problem, thanks for sharing!

@pheerles Seems there is an inkbird pro app available now that will do what you want;
large.F2465360-CD7E-43AC-B59A-ABFCB5191F1A.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

outstanding post,  probably read through it about 5 times, as i thought i had a faulty unit, no i had the wrong app lol.. now i have purchased both units wifi models, and set it all up today, again thought i had a issue starting with creating a light on, lights off time, if the time has passed, the unit wont turn on.. for example, i was setting this up about 12.30. my lights on was schedule too 25c at 11am- 5am, but because 11am had passed, the schedule wouldnt start, but i did a test schedule to start in 10 mins time, and all worked perfectly, then i will continue with lights off 5.01am- 10.59 15c. with added rh values and message centre, so it send u a message in app, that schedule has started, i purchased both my units from auction site, seller, windemomo or mixtea with best offer £30 for each unit...

Edited by Tidy_IOW
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tidy_IOW said:

if the time has passed, the unit wont turn on..

If your trigger condition is a time the action won't trigger until that time occurs that may be the following day.

If you have this issue you can just manually change you SV to whatever setting is correct the time trigger will then apply going forward.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NezA said:

If your trigger condition is a time the action won't trigger until that time occurs that may be the following day.

If you have this issue you can just manually change you SV to whatever setting is correct the time trigger will then apply going forward.

All working as it should today.. thanks for this thread and your time to comment 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@NezA

First and foremost what a great thread 

Having not grown for a number of years, i've just started back, and my head is fried from so much reading (catching up)

So, I previously controlled my intake and extract fans using an SMSCOM Hybrid controller which was great, of which I have 2, but both seem to have dies from being stored in poor condensation filled conditions... however, I do have both the inkbird wifi controllers from this thread so im looking to set them up in a similar fashion to yours. What im not getting is the understanding of how and what I plug my intake and extracts to? Probably sounds an incredibly stupid question, but like i said my brain is fried and I need help 😅

• Like 1

Alright @leafsta glad to see folks are still finding this thread useful.

I'm still using this setup with these same devices all these years later, none of it has missed a beat they're simply fantastic.

However they're no substitute for a proper extraction controller, they were just my work around because I didn't want to spend the money upgrading everything. I use a simple fan speed controller set to minimum on my extractor, I run a passive intake and then I run a heater on the Temp controller and the humidity controller runs a humidifier.

There's a few different ways you can set these up though and you can do some very clever stuff by adding some relays into the equation but I personally haven't bothered. However if you do put in that extra effort they can ramp up your extractor to extract humidity and heat when the levels exceed your parameters making this setup a true replacement for an environment controller. But I haven't found the need personally.

I hope that helps, feel free to @ me with any other questions 👍

• Like 2

@NezAmany thanks for your reply mate, ive seen the light and now im understanding it.. Im going to try and fix my hybrid controllers as its a lot of money to throw away, but this is definitely going to sort me out in the meantime 🙌

It's mad how much ive forgotten since I used to grow, and also mad how addicitive this shit is 😄

• Like 1