Inkbird Environment Control Automation - VPD Made Easy!

NezA

@inceywinceyspider I haven't gotten round to it but at one point I was looking into setting up something similar. I use an Xpelair WAC1 to control my fan speed (much cheaper than a Variac and 0 hum) the idea was that I'd have my fan set point on the WAC1 just ticking over maintaining negative pressure. Then when the cooling socket flicks on on the 308 it would by pass the WAC1 and run the fan full power until the temp is back in the correct range. 

It was discussed earlier in this thread @BushDoctoR kindly drew up a wiring diagram for a TD silent fan which has a high low mode built in but you can apply the same logic and adapt it depending on your setup. Check this post for details, it's probably worth reading a few of the posts prior to this one as well

All the best

-NezA

• Like 4

@NezA  that diagram by @BushDoctoR is exactly what I made, I used a 240v 8pin 10a dpdt relay inside a masterplug waterproof extension lead case and a couple of plugs and trailing sockets. It worked well with the two speed fan but I can tweak it better with the variac.

Now I've read this thread I'm going to wire in a couple of normal relays as well to have safe control from both the itc-308 and the ihc-200 then if it's too hot or too humid the fans will switch to full speed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @NezA what security do these have? Is the traffic between them and the router being secured, Are they password protected? and can you rename the devices so they don't look so obvious to outside eyes?

Alright @acidshiva I'm pretty comfortable with the security. They rely on an online account that you sign into for access on various devices. They aren't accessible to anyone without your account details. Also they aren't visible to anyone who isn't on your WiFi network. Not sure about renaming them but there's no need IMO as they're not visible to anyone else.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

I wouldn't rely on the security but the only data they have is a temp or humidity value which is meaningless to anyone else so it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

I'm more worried about my purchase history data from various grow shops, eBay Amazon etc personally. But perhaps that's just me. If I wasn't comfortable I wouldn't use it either so I understand where you're at. Hope you find a solution that works for you.

I've mentioned it on a few threads now, if you don't use the InkBird Smart app as manufacturer suggests and take out a Tuya acc and use the Tuya app. it opens up a whole lot more IoT devices :yep:

InkBird SmartApp;
large.5107B437-D0D9-4373-93B1-0CC8179F97AE.jpeg

Tuya, you can see the app is identical;

large.D54AB26D-886B-4A1D-964C-5DAC05933292.png

32 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

I wouldn't rely on the security but the only data they have is a temp or humidity value which is meaningless to anyone else so it doesn't matter.

Also your IP mate. That is too much risk for me. But can see the benefit they bring

1 minute ago, acidshiva said:

Also your IP mate.

Of course, but I still don't see any risk?

Inkbirds are not specifically intended or marketed for growing cannabis, they are used for all manner of things so all they know is your IP and a temperature and/or humidity value.

• Like 1

Here's the spiderswitch

large.spiderswitchclosed.JPG

I'm not an electrician so dont do this at home

(thats my disclaimer)

I'm going to get a 300mm din rail to replace this one as it's too short.

large.spiderswitchinside.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

Inkbirds are not specifically intended or marketed for growing cannabis

Exactly this. I have one mate that uses several in his reptile vivariums. I have another that uses them for home brewing. Then there's me... lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had both my Inkbirds setup for a few days now, I was using a gas enviro controller which just needed constant adjustment. So far not had to adjust a thing!  Cheers for sharing

• Like 2

No problem @Woozy mine are still going strong and haven't missed a beat since I started using them. Hopefully yours serve you as well as mine have served me.

Here's to many happy healthy crops with a spot on environment :yep: