Private Clinics/Prescriptions

iShouldCoCo

10 hours ago, soto said:

The issue arises because you're meant to use the medication as prescribed

but the black and white is your not legal if you smoke your prescribed weed..

it’s the same as all the vape carts or ‘tea’ that have been going around for years that ‘could’ have cannabinoids in or not.. 

it will always be up to the copper that day wether you get a caution, fine or free to walk with a talking to..

I think it’s somthing that people with prescriptions need to be more aware of..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, twigs said:

but the black and white is your not legal if you smoke your prescribed weed..

it’s the same as all the vape carts or ‘tea’ that have been going around for years that ‘could’ have cannabinoids in or not.. 

it will always be up to the copper that day wether you get a caution, fine or free to walk with a talking to..

I think it’s somthing that people with prescriptions need to be more aware of..

No no, the MDA is pretty clear. You're charged for being in possession of cannabis. 

If you have a prescription you clearly legally have the right to be in possession of it. You can't be charged under the MDA for smoking cannabis.

IIRC the relevant legislation this would come under is the Medicines Act. So I guess it might be possible to be charged under that but the penalty would probably just be losing your prescription or potentially being forced to deal with addictin services. Any legal eagles like to chip in here?

I mean pregabalin was clearly being abused by a fair amount of people, some even snorting it for a documentary. Despite the healthcare services being distinctly aware of this abuse, such people didn't lose their scripts although admittedly it wasn't a controlled drug at the time.

Edited by soto

• 3 weeks later...

I had my P21/TMCC flower prescriptions approved by the board two weeks ago, and I'm still waiting on meds. :yawn: The P21 subsidised prices are really decent but I'm not really sure I want the Israeli grown, potentially mouldy Noidecs shite the Doctor has prescribed.  I was hoping for some Wedding Cake and Gorilla Glue, which I know the dispensary stocks. 

• Like 1

Phoned DG yesterday and asked why their Patient Services team hadn't been in touch, they were very apologetic, apparently my prescription hardcopy had been sent to them on the 10th of July, and they said they would send me my payment link asap, which arrived within minutes.  Now that's all taken care of, my meds should be here tomorrow, delivered by parcel force. lol 

Quite looking forward to trying my first ever UK legal cannabis, might take a while to shake off the paranoia associated with over 30 years of 'illegal' use.  :lookaround:  

• Like 5

I just phoned DG to ask if my prescription had been sent out, nope, both prescriptions are out of stock.  There's no ETA on new stock so it looks like I'm fucked for meds.  :( 

Bit of a moan but what's the fucking point in sending the patient an email stating your 'prescription has arrived at the dispensary' and asking for payment when the 2 prescriptions you're meant to receive are out of stock? :wallbash: 

The agent today repeatedly referred to my Indica prescription as 'Indigga'. :wallbash:  

I paid my initial consultation fee in March, and I'm still waiting for meds. 

TMCC and DG appear to be the same company, with the same hold music, and same staff running both operations. 

My advice for anyone wanting to go down this route is DON'T FUCKING BOTHER WASTING YOUR TIME. 

Don't issue me a prescription to treat anxiety, amongst other things, when your shitty service is actually aggravating my anxiety.  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Saddam said:

I just phoned DG to ask if my prescription had been sent out, nope, both prescriptions are out of stock.  There's no ETA on new stock so it looks like I'm fucked for meds.  :( 

Sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing Saddam. 

I've heard of lots of problems with stock lately, I think it's a combination of Brexit but more importantly the opening of some clinics in Scotland. This has been particularly an issue with Sapphire.

• Like 1

Had a very similar experience to @Saddam.  Paid for consult in Feb,  Heard nothing til  chased them up and 4 months later found out they want best part of £500 a month.  Needless to say they wont be getting that.

It would be nice to be legal but wont be happening now.  That was through Twenty21 as well.

39 minutes ago, laserbeams said:

That was through Twenty21 as well.

Twenty21 is subsidised, I'm paying a lot less than you were quoted, not that it matters at this point, I could've spent the cash on sorting out my Nigerian lottery win. lol  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saddam said:

Twenty21 is subsidised

If I include the cost of the follow up meetings and the repeats its going to more than £500 monthly.

• Like 1

Is there a charge/fee if you are on a low income?

I get free prescriptions.Hc2 ticket.

:smokin:

Edited by Mort
numbers wrong

2 hours ago, laserbeams said:

If I include the cost of the follow up meetings and the repeats its going to more than £500 monthly.

I don't think you understand how the charging works, with TMCC/P2021  you pay an initial consultation fee of £90 (once), then, if accepted/and approved by the board,  you pay for your 1st months worth of meds. Then, after a month,  you pay for a follow up appointment (£40) where they assess whether you need less, more, or stronger meds. Then you get a repeat prescription, which is £20 to fill with TMCC, but I believe it's free with Sapphire.  

I don't mind waiting if they tell me what's going on, what's pissed me off is being told the meds are in stock, please pay now, then me having to phone them only to find out the meds aren't in stock. :soap:  

Edited by Saddam