A new LED adventure in watery wonderland

badbillybob

Just catching up on your diary, not much luck this round but im sure you will be back on track quickly now the problems have been ironed out.

Toke...

• Like 4

Dont worry if the industrial plant is flowering.  Take a few cuts anyway.  Sometimes cuttings from a plant onto flower can do very well indeed.

• Like 4

cool, thanks, im picking them up this afternoon. 

in the meantime, ive decided to cheer myself up, buy spending some more of my invisible money i dont have (credit card), on a dozen buckets, a shedload of aeroponic spinners a pump, lots of fittings and reel of hose..all will be revealed, but ive already christened it "trees for life"

here they are today, getting bigger, and drinking loads, one of them has gone through 20 litres in 2 days, holy f*ckity i was down to the golf ball airstone in the bottom of the system, about 5 litres left . still they roots would have got plenty of oxygen hey?

still got the claw but what can i do. ec is at 1-1.2 and phs from 5..7 -6.0, all good. large_20.JPGlarge_21.JPG

• Like 12

@badbillybob i see your running the leds at 480 watts, i personally would not have the hps running along side the leds you may well be over doing it on the maximum light needed. Them girls should be praying to the light.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 4

unfortunately i need the HPS, to keep the temps around 26.

i wasnt wanting to be using the HPS at all, but those LEDs are far too efficient at keeping things cool.

the tent was only like 18 degrees with both of them on full pelt.

i was wanting to go fully LED with this grow, to see how they did, but had to add the HPS, started at 250 watts, temps went to 22, went to 400watts, temps at 26.

what can i do, im not heating the room with a 2kw heater, when i can heat it with a 400watt light, and get more bud, hopefully. 

well, thats the theory, leds must be great indoors tho, in smaller spaces, no wonder everyone is starting to use them. 

im hoping to get a big LED at end of the year, a big 630 watt one, and go for the kilo plant with it. 

i will raise them up a bit, that should help eh?

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 7

It's even getting cold for me indoors aswell I might get a 600w hps and swap over for the colder months I think it also would increase my yield im currently using 2x135w LEDs. 

• Like 3

Guest Teesside
10 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

unfortunately i need the HPS, to keep the temps around 26.

i wasnt wanting to be using the HPS at all, but those LEDs are far too efficient at keeping things cool.

the tent was only like 18 degrees with both of them on full pelt.

i was wanting to go fully LED with this grow, to see how they did, but had to add the HPS, started at 250 watts, temps went to 22, went to 400watts, temps at 26.

what can i do, im not heating the room with a 2kw heater, when i can heat it with a 400watt light, and get more bud, hopefully. 

well, thats the theory, leds must be great indoors tho, in smaller spaces, no wonder everyone is starting to use them. 

im hoping to get a big LED at end of the year, a big 630 watt one, and go for the kilo plant with it. 

i will raise them up a bit, that should help eh?

I'm same as you got the zeus 600w pro and telling me mate who grows hps how efficient they are and cost fuck all to run turns out ive had to get a 2000w radiator what is costing an absolute fortune to run pretty shit really

Indoor guys using leds reverse the intake and out takes. Ie suck in from the top extract out the bottom. This will pull the heat down over the plants and keep them warm over the winter. Should be no need for heaters indoors.

Billy turn the leds down to about 175 watts each and keep the hps as is and see how they respond.

Toke...

• Like 14

i will give it a try mate, cheers.

lights lifted and turned down a bit. ive upped the extraction a bit too, i dont think it was exchanging enough air. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

Indoor guys using leds reverse the intake and out takes. Ie suck in from the top extract out the bottom. This will pull the heat down over the plants and keep them warm over the winter. Should be no need for heaters indoors.

Billy turn the leds down to about 175 watts each and keep the hps as is and see how they respond.

Toke...

Genius I never thought of this

• Like 6

well cuts came home, but mate cant count, i asked for 12, got 10, ohwellnevermind.

i put them in coco, in my ratdog slushy cups, success is almost guaranteed (famous last words) 

i plonked a few of my seeded bud seeds into a prop, about a dozen, see if i can get a decent blue cheese out of the lucky dip, and the sweet ones went into prop too, for my crap memory, the jack47s are in the middle lol. ive got 2 of them, 2 blackjack and one  SAD. woop woop.

the dinafem autos are budding up nicely, stretch time, hope they dont get too much bigger, but im sure ill fill the tent.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 10

sunday update, 

these are sorting themselves out a bit now, i increased the airflow, and raised the lights, which has definitely helped. temps are ok, and the clones in Ratdogs cups are looking good so far, plenty of humidity in therelarge_25.JPGlarge_23.JPGlarge_24.JPG

the plants on the left under the new led with the added far red and deep red are looking much healthier/ bigger/better than the ones under the old one.

might just be the phenotype....but i doubt it.

ive sorted shed out, almost ready to start glueing up pipes, not sure if 9 is too many for this space (2.4 by 2.4). i think it maybe is. i might go with less

im skint too, so dont really have the cash to buy another light, fan, filter, so ive got 3 HPS lights, 2 LEDs an 8 inch fan (LEds and faN FILTER currently in tent, but tent is coming down after this) and 3 aircooled hoods, i might just use that set up 

im planning an aero system in here, not high pressure aero, just the normal ones, like the Alien aero system (but without the expense lol) , but with 4 spinners per pot, not 2.   so ive just got to decide what im doing and get on with it. 

in the meantime, heres some buds, and a pic of the space ive got to play with.large_22.JPGlarge_20.JPGlarge_27.JPG

• Like 13

The root excullarator is funny one for me tbf.

i can’t argue over its effectiveness....it just makes the roots denser ime.... the problem again this time of them getting in the pipes.... it’s just shitty stuff to run in the rdwc and makes the roots ugly colour...it’s gotta be viable and fresh (I had some batches that came already tainted)....however the dilution rates in undercurrent are crazy low.....0.25ml per litre.....one iccle silver bottle lasts forever.

Hope it picks up bro...As for the LEDs I want to be able to switch the far and deep reds on and off separate from the main whites. (Hence the pure white PCB strips)

I only want that stretch in last three weeks once nodal distance is established.....if I understand the biology and physics correctly....I’m gonna have fun finding out anyway :skin_up:that’s if my fucking beans ever turn up lol 

much love bro 

:yinyang:

• Like 5