A new LED adventure in watery wonderland

badbillybob

mine reads in both ft candle and lux. the 300 reading is in ft candle.....lux was over 3200 odds

its just called photometer.

Edited by badbillybob

Thanks.

i potted the blue cheese and pinex tonight, a little splash of mychorrizal,(root grow)  and they are back in the tent.

heres the blue cheesers, looking like they are overdue potting, leaf edges are complaining a bit.large_21.JPGlarge_20.JPG

im sure they will bounce back....

• Like 11

first noob mistake, LEDs have possibly burnt the soil seedlings, doh. 

The reason i said possibly is because the hydro ones are unaffected, its the soil pests.....

Lights now raised. they are looking ok, the ones in hydro, the soil seedlings have been burnt, but maybe the soil was too hot for them, i dunno.

i should just stick with hydro, its much easier.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

i should just stick with hydro, its much easier.

I'm curious as to why you'd run both at the same time - is there a difference in the finished product or are you just a glutton for punishment?. :g:lol

• Like 3

i just like making life difficult for myself....

i was running the blue cheese and pineapple express as mother plants, the industrial plants were just spares form my mate, and i dont like killing healthy plants (altho ive killed plenty in the past.....................-unintentionally lol)

temps in there are too low, only like 22 degrees, so ive stuck a metal halide in there and set it at 400watts.. just to get some heat going

if thats cheating..................- sue me.

• Like 11

That makes sense - I'm gonna try rockwool in airpots for my mums, should be interesting...

The lower temps generated by leds aren't always an advantage, but mine are currently less than 4 inches from the tent roof and the canopy isn't far below that, and I wouldn't want to try and run a hps/mh bulb that close to anything lol

All the best with your endeavours bud, here's to a happy harvest :yep:

• Like 3

On 9/6/2020 at 8:37 AM, badbillybob said:

i just like making life difficult for myself....

i can do it without even trying too.....

good luck bbb, smoking some blue cheese now great choice

sam

• Like 5

Thanks for the positive vibes Samhigh.

ive just chopped 4 blue cheese, and pew- wee, id forgotten how much they stink..

great smoke tho, id agree, one of my favourite night time dunters.

ill update this diary tomorrow. the ph is finally settling, the water level has dropped to the underside of the netpots.

the widow xl is in the lead so far...one of the criticals looks a bit runt-ish, but you can judge for yourself tomorrow. 

cheers

• Like 4

hi, im back and we are one week in the bubblers. so far they look a mixed bag. the widow xxl is stroming ahead of the criticals. i really wish i had planted a 2nd widow, instead of the extra critical, but its too late now. 

i wouldnt have done the criticals at all if i had another option, if im honest, i had  issues with the photo versions of them....never again....

Anyway they are in now, ill just have to hope the auto version isnt affected and keep a very close eye on them..

the widow is bottom left corner. all the rest are criticals, the bottom right one is a runt too.large_20.JPG

you can see the wdow xxl is living up to her name...

i used some H&G roots excellerator in here, after reading about how great it is etc . ive noticed zero point zero difference, so thats 50 quid well spent -not

save your cash.

the temps were also too low with just the LEDS so i had to a dd a 250w hps, just to get the temps up. RH is too low, i know....large_22.JPG

heres the plants, widow superstar first, then the criticals, a mixed bag...large_25.JPGlarge_24.JPGlarge_23.JPGlarge_21.JPG

im getting shot of most of the seedlings, i will keep a blue cheese and a pex, the rest are going to a mate....probably just as well, looking at them eh lol......

cheers

• Like 13

well thats them a couple more days in the system. the water needs changed, the plants are showing it.

the widow is in the lead, xxl indeed, its looking very indica dominant, which is good in my book. hope it keeps on like this. large_23.JPG

the criticals are just like the photo version all lime green not darkening no matter how much N is in the mix, but thats fine. 

one or two showing some minor heat stress, thats due to the HPS, temps are now at 30, so i will be pulling the 250w hps if they stay at this. 

here they are anywaylarge_22.JPGlarge_21.JPGlarge_20.JPG

And if you ever wondered what happens if you spill ph down into your seedlings, heres the answer.....er.......yeah.....deader than cordorouy elbow patches.......

more fucked than Katie Price.......deary me, what a shame never mind........large_24.JPG

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 15

48 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

deader than cordorouy elbow patches.......

more fucked than Katie Price.......deary me, what a shame never mind........

lol Two expressions I've never heard! Looking like the WW will be the star performer:guitar:

• Like 5

i just made them up man, haha.

anyway in an unparalleled show of organisation i managed to get the buckets emptied out and refilled tonight. 

it was a bit of a pain,   But i gave the buckets a good clean out with some bleachy water when they were emptied, they were full of various stains bits of soil ooer, and various other crap off the stones  and hydroton. fair mess like. 

Anyway they are changed now and the magic numbers are 0.8ec and 6.0 ph.

i made this up with 10ml / litre of roots axcellerator (i live in hope ha ha, in fairness it looked a lot darker after i remembered to shake the bottle first, might help ),

20ml /litre of grow

5ml/litre of silicone .

i was gonna up the feed , but they look ok at 0.8, so i will just keep an eye on them.

i took out the hps tonight, temps were up at 30, so now they are about 25/26, much better, and its an all LED affair now, so we will have a better idea of how good they actually are eh?

• Like 11