DIY Auto-Watering & Drain to Waste System.

Right, I've rigged it all up. The drippers don't seem to have much pressure but I assume that's all they do?, just drip? lol

Just a couple of quick questions.

Does the coco not get dry patches when using drippers? Or does it act like a sponge and even itself out?

And I've got the mj1000 in the bottom of a water butt at about a meter deep. Would it be better to have the 13mm pipe longer to reach the top? Or does it not matter?

I've got 8 x 3m lines.

I used to use 1 dripper when i was in 6.5ltr pots, the coco acts like a sponge.

Now im in 11ltr pots im using 2 drippers per pot.

I have my pumps on now for 6mins per day & i find this delivers roughly 3ltrs per plant per day

Guest EvilMouse

Sweeeeeet bro cheers :)

So you still have 8 lines but 16 drippers, 2 on each line?

And I see you have your 13mm pipe coming from your res into your tent now. Does that make much difference?

Sorry for all the questions lol

Sweeeeeet bro cheers :)

So you still have 8 lines but 16 drippers, 2 on each line?

And I see you have your 13mm pipe coming from your res into your tent now. Does that make much difference?

Sorry for all the questions lol

No m8 i have 8 lines per pump so 16 lines in total, im now growing 8 plants so using 2 lines per pot

no worries dude ask away

Well noticed on the 13mm pipes, yes they go into my tent but not far, then the lines come off them to each pot, i'll take a pic of it for you & post it here when lights come on dude

Edited by TheSaint

Guest Kipper420

Cheers for this @@TheSaint using your advice I made myself one (link in sig, smottie remix) works perfect cept the run off was a bit lower than I was expecting, so, did a bit of number crunching and whatnot and I upgraded the pump from a MJ500 to a MJ750 - each plant was getting just shy of 5L per 15mins, so I reckon using the same minutes (only got a segmental timer, got the pumps off a pal! im poor!) but with the bigger pump I should get about another litre n a bit with each plant.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated dude. Thanks again!

Cheers for this @@TheSaint using your advice I made myself one (link in sig, smottie remix) works perfect cept the run off was a bit lower than I was expecting, so, did a bit of number crunching and whatnot and I upgraded the pump from a MJ500 to a MJ750 - each plant was getting just shy of 5L per 15mins, so I reckon using the same minutes (only got a segmental timer, got the pumps off a pal! im poor!) but with the bigger pump I should get about another litre n a bit with each plant.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated dude. Thanks again!

Cheers m8, i'll have a look in your diary, you should try get a timer that you can put on in minutes instead of having loads of runoff with 15min waterings, glad its working for you dude, saves alot of hassle

Guest Kipper420

Cheers m8, i'll have a look in your diary, you should try get a timer that you can put on in minutes instead of having loads of runoff with 15min waterings, glad its working for you dude, saves alot of hassle

Next on the list dude but if its working like this for the time being it'll do, but its not so bad I can use the other pump to mix the tank I guess? Cheers for having a look matey.

Guest ickiwoo

Been meaning to do this myself.Got to admit im pretty keen but I've missed two feeds this grow coz ive been smashed.This obviously would have saved them a bit of stress.

Your plants look great as do kippers.

Im on the case for me next run.Do you feel it speeds up veg time as opposed to one feed per day.

Atb icki

Been meaning to do this myself.Got to admit im pretty keen but I've missed two feeds this grow coz ive been smashed.This obviously would have saved them a bit of stress.

Your plants look great as do kippers.

Im on the case for me next run.Do you feel it speeds up veg time as opposed to one feed per day.

Atb icki

I dont use drippers on vegging plants icki m8, i usually feed them by hand, once they go into the flower room they get put on the drippers but you could use them with vegging plants too

Guest EvilMouse

You're a star to take time out to keep answering question after question mate lol

Do you think putting a tee on the end and then two drippers will make the flow too slow bro?

It'd be handy if I didn't have to get another pump.

:)

You're a star to take time out to keep answering question after question mate lol

Do you think putting a tee on the end and then two drippers will make the flow too slow bro?

Hmm im not sure if that would work or not m8, just mess around with it, ive just put down a basic way of doing things, people can alter it best to suit their needs

Guest Kipper420

It'll work dude but its still going to be the same flow than if you had one, just slower out of each.

Guest EvilMouse

I can't see that being a problem.

I was mainly concerned about coverage and the pots having dry spots, which that should cure.

I'm sure it be the bollox once up and running.

Should be pinned this!

Thanks again :)

Guest Kipper420

I can't see that being a problem.

I was mainly concerned about coverage and the pots having dry spots, which that should cure.

I'm sure it be the bollox once up and running.

Should be pinned this!

Thanks again :)

I concur, this thread should be pinned its incredibly helpful.

It'll work just fine for coverage then if thats what you're going for - cos im in such big pots three seperate stakes straight from the supply line makes for good coverage lol

Hey saint so on the vent pipe does the water come out of that and back into the tank until the pump switches off

Great thread by the way